Boxed Earthrise Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Nov 13, 2019.

1. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    Dang it, Cliffjumper is just an absolute rip-off at essentials Scout size in a deluxe box, and i'm going to shell out for it, since it's the first proper Cliffjumper (i.e., not a red Bumblebee, not a remix from another line, not Bumblebee with a CJ head) since G1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    The battle damage wouldn't be so annoying if it at least made sense. None of the cars have it on their fenders afaik. It's always on the most random places and in random blotches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

If anything, it makes them look like they were rushing into battle after having a lunch consisting of a heavy amount of mercury sauce.

• Like Like x 4
  4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hoists 2 tone green is kind of off putting

• Like Like x 3
  5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t know, that plastic looks really washed out. Like it was a bad batch of plastic feed stock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Domi Arigato, Mr Roboto

Can someone put up a comparison of Siege Ironhide in box to Hoist in box?

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    The fact that i'm going to buy a micromaster named Daddy-O makes me so happy to be a fan in this timeline

• Like Like x 4
  8. Nickster563

Nickster563 More of a mystery nut than nightbeat

Still hoping Cliffjumper is legends sized so I don’t have to restart collecting the mini-bots.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Here, for reference:

[​IMG]

He looks to be a bit less bulky than Legends Bumblebee or rather his bulk is all shifted into his depth. Bumblebee is a little weird there as his right hand is outstretched but I quadruple checked relative height.

Cliffjumper's tiny. So we're not abandoning scale but this is very complex Legends sized figure at a premium.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Jacob Knight

Jacob Knight Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Ironworks And Hoist Are A Must have for Me!

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    How about this: our Hubcap comes in a boxset with Bumper, Goldbug, Searchlight, and Freeway!

• Like Like x 5
  12. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    You should have seen his original name:

- Big Daddy (G1) - Transformers Wiki

It's not just the cars but most of the Seige line just looked like it was attacked by a kid with a silver marker-pen. Seige was the only line where I hardly bought any figures, due to the cr@ppy battle damage paint.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The past few years have been a victim of CAD renders being approved for production before physical samples. The entire product industry is moving to digital prototypes and it isn't for the better. Renders, even made off a 100% accurate CAD file will always look better than a real molded prototype.

Cliffjumper is hilarious since he takes up 1/4 of the box. He really is a slightly upgraded Legends class figure for $20. I know people are saying that he is closer to Masterpiece Bumblebee, but that figure was less complex than most ROTF deluxes and it came with Exosuit Spike.

I never really cared for Hoist, but I'd buy Trailbreaker.

Ironworks is an easy pass. I don't care about a robot that turns into a crane platform. As a Micromaster base, it would have merit, but at $10 for two, those things are a massive ripoff.

Wheeljack just looks off. It is Uncanny Valley Wheeljack. When you get too close to the G1 incarnation, but don't nail it, then it just looks wrong. Parts are too blocky and the cut off wings look terrible. Not really a fan of the headsculpt either. The face behind the mask looks too small. Hopefully the real color will be whiter because the milky plastic looks like garbage.

The Battlemasters woudl be OK for $2.99, but for $6 Hasbro can stuff it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Hoist’s truck mode looks a bit rough. No side windows, blatant hands in the undercarriage, an unconvincing crane setup.

15. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    NOW we're talking! Gosh, Searchlight and Freeway are almost as high on my list of "characters we really should've had new toys of by now" as Hubcap and the remaining Targetmasters are.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    What the hell is with them insisting Wheeljack hold his shoulder cannon in all these promo pics and even on the side of the box!? It's annoying. Also these pics aren't doing any of the figures any favors. Wheeljack's arms aren't facing the right way, the pose is awful and he's holding his (pathetically small) shoulder cannon. I'm really hoping the color difference between paint and plastic on Hoist isn't that extreme because this makes him look awful. While an excellent and complicated figure for its size, Cliffjumper's box is comically empty which is likely to deter casual fans who are likely to buy the bigger bot for the same price. The paint apps on Wheeljack looks good. His size combined with all the printing likely explains why they gave him such a tiny shoulder cannon and no other accessories. I'm really digging his vehicle mode though and he looks really good in bot mode, at least the actual in person pics from comic con do, these sure aren't doing him any favors.

17. Dillpickle

Dillpickle This looks like cool place to kick it!

News Credits:
    For all those that are thinking Cliffjumper is a rip-off at $20 just remember that 3P Legends are priced much higher than that.

• Like Like x 10
  18. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

Cliffjumper looks decent in alt mode. Actually pays homage to the Porsche 924 pretty well. Robot mode.... Not a fan of the feet or the fact that no Autobot sigil is anywhere on robot mode. Never a fan of that
    Wheeljack just looks odd in both modes. Not a fan
    Hoist looks ok to me. Will have to see in person

19. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly think Cliffjumper looks really good. He seems like what a Hasui-era MP Cliff would have been like, and given that I have MP-21 on my Generations shelf, I think he’ll be a nice addition.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

My attitude is I’d rather pay $20 each for CJ, Huffer, and Gears than re-buy everyone else. So the size works for me anyway.

• Like Like x 3