Boxed Earthrise Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The box art looks the best of these three.

EB36E1F8-17AA-4E77-A758-9D3410793C7B.jpeg E7145D7B-B632-490C-B8D3-93109CD8D3C5.jpeg 64DB59E9-0C17-40CC-849C-07C3A9E491D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You meant for this text to be in blue, right?

*obviously as you can't be serious.

**right???

• Like Like x 1
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not at all - I don't think Earthrise is an improvement over Siege it's just more lazy G1 gushing and Cartoon fan pandering with some rather under-engineered toys in wave one.

I'm not suggesting these are as bad as the worst of Cyberverse - I just think Siege is better (so far).
    ----
    I don't mind the green boxes, I actually like those and Siege art was also very good, I just don't think they are leading with their strongest product here.

Hoist is OK though I personally prefer him with a green head. & I'll likely be pretty happy with him (despite the peculiar colours).
    Wheeljack like I said comes across a bit to chonky to me.
    Ironworks I like he's robust looking - though I mainly like that Target already made him a Micromaster - so I'm looking forward to pairing them up. I also like his base mode and that he colour matches Omega Supreme - not to everyone's taste but I like him.
    Cliffjumper is OK - just a bit wee for the price - perhaps they'd have been better off including a casette repaint with him to make the cost fairer.
    Optimus isn't anything special - basically the worst parts of G1 and POTP in a single toy
    Starscream in under-developed he needed a few more design passes - he didn't get the TLC that Studio Series Starscream got when they essentially upscalled the DOTM deluxe - they did at least also improve it too - this isn't really any better than the Deluxe - it's just bigger.

The ones that appeal most to me in Wave One are the smaller ones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Hey, Hoist’s looking pretty- oh. F66EF533-0CB8-482B-B08C-864463AE656E.jpeg 747CD731-691E-488F-B474-B02A8237EC1E.jpeg
    Oh.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

I bet we\'re getting trailbreaker

6. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Could be worse, earlier stock photos had them almost Allspark Blue.

Shame we couldn't deviate from the G1 design in any way as to avoid this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Nope, G1 uber alles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Don't think he's talking about the windows.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Man, I wasn’t really planning to get Cliffjumper but now that I see just how tiny he is I’ll be getting one for sure. I hope we get a Hubcap out of the mold too.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm getting it too. For the longest time my GDO Cliffjumper has been my CHUG jumper but the new one nails the look I've been looking for.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    So Th rereleased are two more making the number of toys in earthrise wave 1 to be 12.

13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Wow so positive:

My takes:

Optimus Prime: The greatest Voyager Prime mold ever, with opening hands, a Matrix chamber, folding rifle, all with less kibble than any other mainline iteration yet. Unfortunately could be marred by gray hands.....or blue elbows and gray hands, we don't know yet. If they get this right it will be the very best Prime mold we've ever seen. (I'm hoping for yellow eyes) Getting this one!

Grapple: The base mold is pretty awesome, like a mini masterpiece, I do think they needed to paint the head even if they are going with Orange and the eyes need to stand out more. I might not pick this one up for that reason but they have at least 3 chances to get a better head color balance. The lighter Takara version looks a bit better, but who knows what the final version will be?

Hoist: I think this one looks fantastic, and I'm not huge fan of the character, but it looks great in both modes. I think we get a double jointed kneecap and the paint apps are really elaborate. Getting this one!

Wheeljack: The car mode does not disappoint and has elaborate paint, the bot mode is ....okay. We have yet to really see a decent pose but the head sculpt is super G1....too G1 even for me, but overall he's going to be great to have. Getting this one

Cliffjumper: He's small, but I see complexity and quality, I wish the feet were a tad smaller but he has another fantatsic car mode. It seems ER is smashing the vehicle modes. Getting this!

Hasbro, I need Bumblebee of this quality I'll buy two one for the wife and one for me, BB is her favorite character but she likes little Bee not the movie monster or the Cyberverse Bee.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Which is why i didn't buy skytread. I'm going to pass on cliffjumper too

15. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    The windows I only then noticed, was too distracted by Hasbro's continued inability to color match green paints and plastics that aren't olive green.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    What's bad is that I plan on getting most of what I have seen in wave 1. The highlight for me has got to be Cliffjumper. I can finally retire FoC CJ off my Classics/Generations shelf. But I also plan on getting Hoist and Wheeljack because I was not too fond of their previous Generations releases. Starscream is also a buy. I do plan on getting the rumored Skywarp and Conehead set so I would like to get my seekers in a consistent scale. And Classics 1.0 mold was not too bad, IMO, so I don't mind a larger version.

Optimus Prime I will probably get as well for the same reason as Wheeljack and Hoist. Classics 1.0, Leader POTP, and Siege, I have just been 100% happy with those versions (I know I'm finicky as hell although POTP Optimus came closest because of the awesome robot mode), but hopefully once I get Earthrise Optimus, I won't have to upgrade to another Generations G1 Prime ever.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Nothing. I have him with the launcher on his back and the small blaster in his hand. That's more than enough for him in my display.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Siege Optimus little better he has chunk and a sense of mild agression. That said I suppose the Earth Force one is better than the Titans Returns Leader and the POTP one. But there is certainly better Optimus toys than the Earthforce one - his only USP is likely he's a G1ish looking Prime that isn't hampered by having Orion Pax crow-barred into him or a Star Convoy super mode. I suppose you could argue against other primes for a variety of reasons - I just think a remould isn't selling it for me - just as it doesn't with the upscaled Starscream.

I have no great Objection to Grapple he's perfectly servicable. He's just a dull character - but that is the case for many Autobots. Overall though the effect I get is this is things I've seen before (and often) even if the impression is perhaps enhanced in part by the 3rd party scene - where the place is thick with Grapple toys.

I suppose the odd shape of Wheeljack can be somewhat excused if one speculates they some of the influences on him are the Combiner Wars toy and also that he's likely intended to be used for some other character too. certainly a huge step backwards compared to the Prime Wheeljack dlx though.

If I had to use a metaphor for my disapointment i'd use the Elita-One all girl team where they didn't put a huge amount of effort in - and likewise Chromia and Nightbird - this Earthforce line give me somewhat of an impression of 'That will do'. But I suppose it does depend on what you are comparing them too. There is nothing I'm outright rage quitting about or mocking (like some Cyberverse toys that deserve their ridicule) I just think the G1ishness of them makes them seem overly familiar. Especially on top of Cyberverse and "Everygreen" related products doing so many similar things too. Siege was at least somehow tonally a bit different to me - the use of obscure characters and mostly Cybertronian modes made it to me at least "feel" fresher.

19. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a little confused what happened with Wheeljack. Because the early images looked a lot more promising.

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing changed, they actually added some paint, they just refuse to let him be pictured in a decent pose. Instead they awkwardly ignore his arm articulation.

• Like Like x 7