Box Office prediction

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot Tool, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Autobot Tool

Autobot Tool Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As of right now they are tracking Bumblebee to only make $40 million for Friday to tuesday. I think it will make more than that, $80 million, word of mouth is gonna help the movie tremendously though. Think people are confused if its reboot or tied to the Bay movies. The 80s nostalgia will help, Bumblebee will be a monster overseas

• Like Like x 3
  2. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya..it's,
    ya..it's possible since the movie is good and many audiences likes Bumblebee. I can see opening day with around 20 million and 80 million for Friday to Tuesday. Total gross for domestic could end up north of 300 million..and for the foreign gross, it could rise up to 500+ million and worldwide box office to be roughly 850 million..this is my prediction..

3. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Not sure where they do their polls or whatever, but there's not a single person I know that really likes Bumblebee over any other Transformer Character, adults and kids alike.

Prime, Grimlock, Starscream, and Megatron seem to be the heavy hitters around here and online.

4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People seem to have a mythical worship of the concept of "if the movie has legs!", seems kinda desperate.

5. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Based on the positive December 8 screening and tracking good word of mouth... I could be wrong. But I’m predicting it’s going to pull a Jumanji.

Bumblebee will not be #1 during opening. Aquaman will. But, again, it will start out slow but will have pretty good legs going forward.

My prediction: $40 million to $50 million domestic opening.

Worldwide box office: close to or a little over $1 billion.

At the least, it could pull transformers 2007 numbers ($600 mil to $800 mil)

Again, I could be wrong.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it makes a penny over $500 million worldwide I'll be fairly astounded. That said, a $500 million take will still make it an unqualified success.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    The numbers in here so far are a little generous, lol. $30-40 million opening from Thursday - Sunday, and around $150 domestic if it gets a really good multiplier (almost 4x would be amazing but possible during the holidays and it’s a very kid friendly film). It might get to around $500 million worldwide. Given the smaller budget, this would be profitable.