Botcon Toy Presales have started...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by rework, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I think the freebie will be a G1 cartoon colored Starscream. That's how it's close to Starscream's ghost.

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd much rather have the clear Mirage than that. I'd really like to see a character we haven't seen in Classics yet. I don't need a variant of a character I already have. But if it's not Sunstorm, I'd rather have a clear variant of Mirage or Skywarp before another Starscream, unless that Starscream came with the removable coronation armor with a cloth cape. That would totally make me SQUEE!

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    That makes sense.

4. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

To be honest, I don't think it does...

Fun Pub's background isn't Transformers cartoons - It's GIJoe. I can't even tell you the difference between the classics release and the cartoon, so I doubt they can.

Plus, it would be minor differences. Fun Pub isn't going to waste one of their exclusives on a minor variation. They are going to do something significant.

Invisible Mirage seems to be the most likely choice of the suggestions I've heard.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well that would be cool (Especially since I am doing the volunteer bit again to get the 2 extras for trading fodder :D  )

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

My god I hope its not anything like a clear mirage, classics needs more characters not the same one over again.

7. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm torn between thinking Clear Mirage would be brill and kinda pointless. I would prefer new characters, but a clear variant thats actually relevant to the character is kinda cool.

Darkwing from Jetfire as a freebie ( 3 in my suitcase would take up a lot of room) would be quite impressive. I came up with a pretty nice design for a Darkwing from the Seeker mould also.

Skywarp in clear somehow seems less relevant than Mirage, maybe because the clear would represent Mirages final state, whereas Skywarp would be like a photograph capturing a split second event.

Anyway it'll be a nice surprise.

8. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

I dont think Darkwing will be included cause lets face it. It would be kinda lame to have 2 of the exact same toy be two completely different characters whose main "thing" was that they combined with each other. I cant even see how you could combine 2 classics Jetfires. Plus the 5 page preview of the comic basically has Dreadwind talking about leaving Darkwing behind as a kind of way of writing him out of the story. Just my opinion but I highly doubt there will be a Darkwing.

Uh well in case you hadnt noticed the comics have NOTHING to do with the cartoon series. The story these exclusive toys are based on (also the classics figures I might add) come from the TCC comic. The Alpha Trion in the previous TCC comics looks nothing like the cartoon either. And guess what... Classics Optimus does not look anything like Optimus in the cartoon. And Classics Megatron does not look anything like Megatron in the cartoon. And Classics Bumblebee.... okay you get the idea.

And just because you never saw AT transform doesnt mean he couldnt transform into SOMETHING. I think they did a great job of remolding the head and mold choice for AT. And I think the robot pic is a good representation of AT considering the mold choices available. But again... just my opinion and worth nothing to anyone but me. ^^

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd much rather have an invisible Mirage than a Ghost Starscream any day.

10. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BUt your still not getting the point , IT does not look like Alpha trion.

11. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Okay maybe only to YOU. But the first time I saw that picture, I never saw a description or anything for it and the FIRST thing that came to my mind was Alpha Trion, from the colors to the head mold, I saw Alpha Trion. But then again my view of Alpha Trion is not stuck in G1 land of "Key to Vector Sigma", "War Dawn" or "The Rebirth". I have seen Alpha Trion done in a variety of mediums since the 1980's.

Like the point *I* was trying to make, that figure looks about as much like G1 Alpha Trion as Classics figures look like their G1 conterparts. He looks like Alpha Trion to me and to quite a few other people it seems judging from the generally positive reaction to the revelation of this figure.

12. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

See, I take offence to that. I am "stuck in G1 land", meaning I have only seen AT in G1 and not really any other takes on the character, and the first image immediately brought AT to mind. Gen1fan doesn't see it, but I would hazard a guess that he is in the minority since I don't see anyone else agreeing with him. But as I said, you don't have to have seen other incarnations of AT to get who that toy should be representing.

13. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As far as the other classic toys go, well you have the seeker done in planes, Prime is a truck, Megatron is a gun , Mirage is a race car. None are that big of a stretch from the G1 version. Also I think a clear version of Mirage, Starscream and Skywarp would be a complete was of time and my money

See to me it does not long like him at all, the face is not closet to AT, nor is the
    colors.

The best problem I would have is that my classic line will be complete with the BC exclusives. But I think that would be one that I keep but do not display

14. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

15. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, i think it looks a hell of a lot like EVERY incarnation of A3 i've ever seen, from G1 right on up to the cybertron comic. the colors, the face, everything SCREAMS A3 to me, even withouth the remolded head, it would still work as A3 in those colors.

16. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

If all goes well, im buying the sets off of Transformersclub.com like I am with the Botcon 2005 and 2006 Sets. I'm perhaps going to be getting $50 a week for TF's, and I'll save to buy all the Botcon toys 2005- to the present.

Then again, that's if I get the job.

I consider Alpha Trion to be cool, but what will his little mini-con friend will be?? Also, if anyone considers AT to be not show-accurate consider will there be a other Alpha Trion released in the future? And who said that AT was AT in Generation One. Even if it said that it was G1, the timeline and history and all was messed up with the Unicron Singularty. (I'm not sure if all the Unicron/universe stuff was resloved after the black hole was gone, but their always has to be a dark/light balance, so maybe the universes changes were perment.)

Bascially, the problem could be filled Very easily, it could be AT in any other series, and plotholes could be filled by the Unicron Singularity. If people don't like it, simple that they just don't buy it. No offense to anyone.

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

As much as it sucks to have to type this, this year's set is completely sold out. There aren't going to be any on Transformersclub.com. And you may want to jump on the 2006 set, last count there were only 4 left.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, 100%. The head remold was just icing on an already awesome cake.

19. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

NO!! Well, quoting Dreadwind "I'm doomed. Not like it matters." There's always E-Bay, and I guess buying them off of there won't be that bad, i guess.

20. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I surely hope the freebie isn't a stupid clear Mirage or Starscream's Ghost or any other such ridiculous nonsense. This is an example of something I think would work very well:

Classics Crasher