Botcon Toy Presales have started...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by rework, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think I'll be putting my loose set up after BotCon unless someone at the show offers me a good price. I'll admit, I bought them to sell them. I'm a bastard I know.

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Oh, my sincerest apologies, I was honestly not trying at all to be snippy. It's been a BAD week here (UPS may have lost the family heirloom cradle that I just shipped out to my sister for her impending child. I was the first one to sleep in that crib 30 years ago, my internet connection keeps crapping out every hour and a half, our rental complex hit us with a $90 late fee for being ONE day late with rent this month, etc etc,) so if I came across as snippy I certainly wasn't directing it at you. The way my luck's been going this week math may very well have been changed JUST to screw with me. :)  The comment made perfect sense in my head earlier. Sorry.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I'm not offended, I'd much rather not get someone to break their word just so I can get info ahead of time. I'm getting the figure whatever it is, so no worries. Had to try though! :) 

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:

I did too, but I consider myself a wise business man.

5. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I purchased the extra set, but I plan to keep it for myself. I consider myself to be a greedy SOB!!!

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I also bought 2 Iacon Packages. I'm hoping the eventual sale of the extra one will pay for both of them... which cost me just over $800 CDN.

And depending what some of the convention exclusives and/or souvenirs end up being, I'll have no problem whatsoever unloading Dreadwind & Bugbite for possible trade as well. But as it stands now, lame repaints of bad Energon/Cybertron toys into stuff like Alpha Trion or Arcee or Springer or Huffer, etc. aren't exactly grabbing my interest. If it's not a Classics mold repainted into an actually valid character (ie: unlike Dreadwind & Bugbite), I don't want it.

7. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

How is Dreadwind not a valid character?

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Gah, here we go again.

Yes, I fully realize that Dreadwind was a G1 character. I had the toy. He was a Powermaster that combined with Darkwing. And yes, I know that some people consider him important because of the comics. But I didn't and still don't.

In terms of Classics, where the line is obviously made up of far more recognizable & popular core characters (in MY opinion), I just don't personally think Dreadwind fits in, especially not as a mindless repaint of the Jetfire mold. Therefore, along with Bugbite, I don't consider his inclusion as a Classic being valid compared to the rest.

Just a personal opinion. No offence intended to those who do think he's a worthy and/or valid addition to their Classics collection.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Huh. Bigger than usual and shares an idea with Starscream's Ghost. Hrm. I was thinking maybe Darkwing, but that doesn't fit the Starscream's Ghost. Possibly a clear Mirage, but I have a feeling they wouldn't duplicate a character we already have. Can you confirm that it's a new character not currently part of the classics line?

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can neither confirm nor deny that. Also, those 18 minutes of tape were always blank. It's a design feature.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i agree with you 100% on that. i think the bugbite chracter is an ok addition, as a new character, dreadwind is a waste. both those spots could have been filled with a much more relevent choice, such as hotrod as sideswipe, for the delux, or since they seem to think skipping ahead a few years with characters is ok, maybe jetfire as starsabre, or silverbolt, i understand with having only 3 voyager molds to choose from, and prime repaints used to death in other lines, it made for tight selection.

hehe, voyager sized powerglide would have been cool though. LOL

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I feel the exact opposite; I love the idea of Dreadwind (although considering Jetfire's swing-wing design I still think that Darkwing would have been a far better choice), but I couldn't care less about Bugbite. He's like Sunstorm to me; he exists purely to make another repaint happen. Consequently he means absolutely nothing to me, whereas Dreadwind & Darkwing were always 2 of my favourite comic characters (not to mention 2 of my all time favourite G1 toys).

13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

DUDE, if we get a clear classics mirage, that would top any, and every previous botcon toy issued to date as for uniqeness and originality. it owuld also mean, as an AT-CON-EXCLUSIVE, that the figure ALONE could possibly top $500, much like ratchet has. but id NEVER sell a figure that cool. uh un, thats a keeper..

can't wait.... 18 more days!!!!

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    That would be awesome, as I would immediately put it up on eBay and take the cash. I already have a Mirage, thank you very much. :) 

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    and this is why I'll never get to complete my seekers or my classics :cry 

16. rework

I love the Dreadwind part of the package. I can see where people who are more fans of the characters in the original TV series would prefer they made all character from that early era... (Remember there are two sides of the TF fandom: the toy fan side and the art/story fan side. IMHO that's one of the things that's made the fandom so widespread and dedicated - But also, a package like this needs to appeal to both sides, which this obviously does.)

Anyway, speaking as more of a toy collector, I wouldn't be at all upset if one of the "at con" exclusives turned out to be Darkwing - Even if it used the Jetfire mold again.

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I would like that alot.

18. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

so, the at con exclusives last year were two sets, megatron/ wasppinator and buzzsaw and laserbeak with tigatron as the attende free gift...

so far we've seen A3, and only have assumptions on the others, but there are still a few spots open. i'm still hoping on a huffer repaint of armourhide as the freebie, and hoping that a springer figure is in there too.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It still amazes me that people will drop this much money on a few toys. On that Ebay page, there was a link below the total price that offered payment plans. Wow.

20. rework

Actually, I think that the payment plans link is inserted by Ebay as a standard offering.

BTW, see you in a week!