Botcon themed mass release toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    do you think we'll ever see toys at major retailers that're based on botcon themes? FP has said they probably won't do SG Galvatron, but hasbro could easily paint up a cybertron Evac in the right colors, and throw it on the shelves... they could also easily take a few other characters from the other botcon comics and make them in whatever line needed and throw them out so people could add them to their botcon collections... but do you think they will? i kinda hope so... FP obviously can't do them all, so having Hasbro release some once in awhile would be a blast... and if they can, who would you like to see?

i'd like to see a few more jets from last years set, based on the energon starscream mold... and probably more that i just can't think of at the moment...

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hell yeah that would be awesome. But that would never happen in real life but i thought of some cool ideas. Two Voyager and deluxe 3 packs and the other a 3 deluxe pack.

SG Galvatron (Cybertron Evac) and SG Sideswipe (Universe Sideswipe) Target Exclusive comic two pack- See how the once Evil Autobot Sideswipe became a heroic Decepticon warrior and the rebirth of the Heroic Megatron into Galvatron.

Apelinq (Cybertron Optimus Primal), T-wrecks (Cybertron Beast Megatron) and CatScan (Universe Chettor)-Target Exclusive comic book pack- See how a Misguided T-Wrecks attacks the Maximal Scientist Apelinq and Medic CatScan and how the Neo-Wreckers came to be.

Blackarchinda (Cybertron Thunderblast) and Depthcharge (Energon Mirage)- Target exclusive comic pack- See how two future rogue Maximal warrior fought along side one another to capture a monster know as Protoform X that destroyed all of Colony Omicron.

That's just some ideas i just thought of relating to Botcon of years past.

3. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

This thread got me thinking about what would happen if they just released a line of transformers called Transformers: Botcon, and it was all mass produced runs of the best Botcon guys (like Shattered Glass Prime, etc.). Collectors (including me) would be SOOO mad, but in a way it would be ironically hilarious...

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Or they can call the line,

Transformers: Repaints

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I would just love it if they came out with Shattered Glass TF figures for mass retail.

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I don't see anything like this happening. The closest you'd get is something like Universe Legends Razorclaw which was based on the concept design they used for Beast Machines Razorclaw but was not yet planned for BotCon 2009 at the Voyager size.

They'll definitely not release anything Shattered Glass related.

Randy

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind an Elite Guard Overrun

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's kind or retroactive already, with all the repurposing of mass release toys into the botcon comics as cameos or background.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

ftfy

I can't ever see them doing Pre-earth Beastwars toys or Shattered glass repaints, the general concept of TFs already has plenty of toys they could throw out there, we don't need to go into the extended/alt universes started by a once a year fan-based convention.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    As unlikely as that would ever be to happen, I'd be into it. There's so much obscure fiction based around Botcon figures, that the general public has no access to. It'd be great if more people could be exposed to the awesomeness of Bugbite or Shokaract

11. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The easiest way for this to happen is for FunPub to make use of already existing repaints. At least it gives them a purpose for existing other than milking the molds.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    There would be epic losing of shit! serious when the Generations Thrust was revealed some people went nuts just because of it! Imagine if they release of that entire years bot son set as a wide release, people would totally friggen loose it!

That said, don't the botcon people own the rights to those color designs and such?

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What about Botcon characters as repaints of new molds? War For Cybertron Bugbite would be epic as hell.

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'd like that toy a whole lot more, no doubt about that.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Why do you hate Thundercracker and Skywarp?

16. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It strikes me as unlikely, but not impossible. After all, we did get that BM Jetstorm-repainted-into-Skywarp a number of years back.

That said:
    "Blackrock's Law of Desired Toy Potentiality"

The demonstrated ability of a toymaker to do a particular cool thing is not an indicator of the likelihood of any other particular cool thing being done in the future.​

The chances of getting, say, a Shattered Glass figure would go up if the existing SG stories were released as a mass release trade paperback or some such. All that's been done so far is the Diamond version of the BotCon 2008 comic, and that was strictly in comic shops (and pretty hard to find even then). But even that's not terribly likely anytime soon.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i don't want that to happen... new molds, or even similar repaints... but not the exact same color scheme... and i don't think they own the rights, from what i've heard its basically a gentlemans agreement to just not do the same thing...

that would be pretty awesome...

YES! that's who else i was thinking of... that would be so kickass...

that's true too, and i do love that... and I've currently got my walmart Skyjack with Venksta's head upgrade sitting with my 2010 Botcon Decepticons... so more figures would just be badass!

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah... but still, it'd be SO sweet... and it'd be a perfect opportunity to throw out a g2 thundercracker!!!

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give me a Cybertron Menasor as Omega Doom and I'd be happy.

The recent Legends Shadow Striker was, I believe, intended to be the same character as the OTFCC 2003 Shadow Striker. So it kinda sorta happens once in a while. Ish.

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm happy to see AMTC come out in whatever way it could happen (so long as it's an official release).