Botcon TFCC Panel Coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 27, 2008.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    If any theoretical FP Stunticons were as different from the G2 versions as Astrotrain is from Spacewarp (excepting the remolded head), would people still have a problem? How about the differences between the Energon/Universe Seacons vs. the FP versions (the hands are different, aren't they?)?

2. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sure wouldn't mind seeing the G2 Stunticons done as a Club exclusive. But I agree with Omnibus Prime >>> they should be made slightly different.

Yes, not all of us can afford those huge amounts for the unreleased ones. But it would be nice to get them as REISSUES. If you could call it that...

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    From what I can tell in the pics, the FP Seacons are identical to the prerelease Energon versions

4. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

No

They think they are being original and "out there" after reading a copy of marvel zombies

5. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    With the onslaught of information, I'm not surprised that this hasn't really been discussed, but this question was asked at the Hasbro panel.

Henkei planning Skywarp and Thundercracker as exclusives?

Don’t know the exact plan but they respect each other’s exclusives, can’t speak to it, deco would be different from the Botcon and Target versions if Takara did a version.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that. Was just curious about what FP itself has to say on the matter.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    As someone who owns quite a few of unreleased G2 and Universe I will say this...I'm the same as anyone buying upcoming Animated or any other figure....you roll the dice, you take your chances :)  Yes, an item MIGHT be cancelled or changed, but that is a RISK you take when buying unreleased toys, they MIGHT someday be released. For a production piece like, say, a lucky draw or a convention exclusive I see THOSE as production runs that should be honored...but just because a piece was cancelled I see no reason to never revisit it. They could announce Target Energon Megatron tomorrow and it really wouldn't affect me at all. Sure the one I own would be less unique, but I knew those risks when I placed my bid :)  I would LOVE a G2 Combiner release and see helping a few thousand fans at the...um...risk of pissing off half a dozen or so a good trade, same goes for any other unreleased TF, EVEN if I am the one on that losing side!

8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    If they wanted to make them unique, they should just take of the G2 tampo, thats a real easy way to tell if they are orignal g2 releaeses or not

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G2 Stunticons are fine as exclusives, but as with the Seacons they should have slightly different colors than the originals. BTW, I have a set of the original G2 Stunticons and Protectobots.

BTW, Classics Nemesis Ultra Magnus sounds like a good idea. Need a set of Red Decepticon symbols though. Nemesis Primus anyone? Is the Shatterverse Unicron Minty Green? :lol 

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  10. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Strange but I am glad about Elita she is a leader not a Thunderblast retool. As for a fembot not selling that`s stupid and only because the mold they chose for Airazor kinda sucks. I joined the club in hopes of a great Elita and I feel a little let down.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see more of the Shattered Universe stuff, I wonder who the exclusive will be?

12. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    G2 Stunticons in all of their hidous glory would be awesome as club exclusives!! Shall I fax in my VISA card # now?

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I also think it is dumb. How about a G1 Stunticon set? That would rule!

14. Gigasor

Gigasor Member

News Credits:
    I know, right? The G2 Stunticons are hideous, but I'd get 'em in a heartbeat.

I kinda hope they don't do Zombie Transformers - that's really weak. Personally, the whole opposite/alternate universe theme this year was really stretching it for me - although I purchased both the boxed set and convention exclusives for my collection. Seems to me that a chance was wasted to recreate G1 characters that don't fit into the usual Hasbro product formula. Last years' set was brilliant, and I thought it would have been great to continue creating unmade classic characters or upgrading z-list Cybertronians.

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the club do some more Classics/Universe related stuff for a boxset- maybe give us characters/repaints we're unlikely to get. For instance, we probably won't see a Universe Shockwave since he's in animated, so make him a retool of another mold.

My dream boxset right now is:
    Onslaught as Shockwave (new head and hand)
    Cyb. Unicron OR Univ. Galvatron as Bludgeon (add in a sword)
    Sideswipe as Punch/Counterpunch (new head that has 2 faces somehow)
    Energon Scorponok as G1 Scorponok
    ...and someone else. Theme would be "Decepticon civil war" and be a conflict between Megatron and Bludgeon's factions in the Classicverse.

16. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, but Zombie Transformers? Please NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

NO

Zombies are so played out it isn't funny. The ideal exclusive set next year should complement and fit into the Universe line proper. Please FP, please do that. Just...no more mirror universe, zombie transformers or other variations of that sort ok? Please?

17. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wonder if they could make cool exclusives based on movie-line figures...though they did do a fair share of repaints in that line already.

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    They can't.

They won't be able to use them past this year, I think. Has to do with the licenses also being owned by GM and Paramount/Dreamworks.

So Hasbro has legal hurdles if they want to reuse the toys.

With any luck, I would HOPE they've got a more favorable legal situation with the Transformers 2 toys to allow repaints in Universe.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    As far as visiting other combiner teams...

A couple of Hasbro reps ( don't know their names ) came over to our booth looking for a G1 Bruticus. We didn't have one, but I piped up "As many times as that toy has been released over the last few years, we know the molds exist. Instead of all those recolors, you could've released it as a reissue in G1 colors and he'd be easy for you to get."

I'm sure Hasbro and FP talk alot during the convention. Could this have gotten to FP as an idea for a club exclusive? It's a sure seller to most fans.

20. Seaspray

Seaspray TFW2005 Supporter

sparrrkkkksss.....need.....sparrrkkkksss

I could see the zombie theme working with the right decos and the right story, BUT I'm not totally convinced that would happen.