Botcon TF Auction Dilemma: Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primeconvoy1, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Assuming there's not any hidden issues, by the specs it's a fairly nice machine, so it's not just a dickish interest. :D 

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    decline the cancellation request.
    contact ebay..
    contact paypal.

leave negative feedback...

but agreed with others...you are not going to get that tf in the mail since the seller is a douche.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This and warn as many people away from this douche as you can.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd go out of my way to make his life difficult, but I am a spiteful ass.

5. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Also be advised that douchebaggery is contagious. If others see he got away with cutting the deal, others might do it also.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Take a golf club and break his car windows while yelling, "do you see what happens, Larry, when you fuck a stranger in the ass!!!" repeatedly.

7. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

There are two people in this thread alone who can report a nonperforming seller. I believe five is what puts you on probation.

The guy is obviously deficient because if you're doing an auction: set your starting bid as low as you want to take, set a reserve, or flatprice/best offer it. He got burnt, and any wronged buyers need to complain.

I'm an active ebay seller/buyer and the more deadbeats cleared out the better for all.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    report him, push the issue, i did the same recently

9. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    This.

I put up an auction for a Voyager Movie Ramjet and it sold for around $4. I wasn't happy with the price it went for but I accepted it. The seller is a deadbeat for pulling this.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  10. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks for all the input, folks. I greatly appreciate it. Most of the suggestions gave me an idea of what course of action to take. Here's my update.

I refused to cancel the transaction, and sent a message back to seller making my points about him not ending the auction in a timely manner & wanting my figure since my bid was in there 24 hours prior to the end.

I called Ebay customer service to find out what options were available to me. Unfortunately, the person on the other end of the phone didn't seem to understand my issue since I had already been refunded. She also suggested I should try an find another Leozack on Ebay. I mentioned that I'll never find it at that price again, so what would be the point. Why would I pay more for another one when I won this one within their rules and regulations. Didn't get anymore suggestions after that, so no help there.

I pointed out that if the seller didn't have the item in the first place, the auction should have been canceled prior to its end or inform the bidders that it was no longer available. I even told her as a seller myself, I've honored all my auctions even if the price was much less than expected.

The best they can do is keep an eye on his account in case he relists it. That would put a strike on his account. I'm currently watching what he puts on Ebay in case he does.

Best case scenario, I get my Botcon Leozack from this seller and be done with it. Worse case scenario, use my refund somewhere else, and leave the person negative feedback. Odds are it will be the latter as Ebay can't force him to send the item, but I can at least warn other potential buyers of his questionable practices.

If anything else develops, I'll post more. Thanks again for listening.

11. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you. I'd be interested to hear what excuse the seller comes back with, if anything at all.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awhile back i won a fairly nice reissue (tru and tfc) set from a guy for about 400$. A day after i paid he refunded my money saying he sold it locally. I'm like you have to be kidding. Why would you not cancel the auction then? I left him negative feedback warning others. People who pull that kind of thing deserve the negatives and future bidders should be warned.

13. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    "Stfu Donny!"

Just leave him negative feedback then. Its really all you can do and it can be effective in warning other buyers. Sorry you didnt get Leozack though.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow.. I guess i'm going against the conventional wisdom but why are you doing this to him?

Its obvious the guy doesn't want to sell it because it sold for such a low price. He made a mistake, killed the transaction and refunded you the money.

What do you hope to get out of all this? He could be another poor transformer fan just trying to make ends meet or he could be a dickhead. I would probably say its more the former because the guy quickly gave you a refund.

anyway

Would I do what he did? Nope. Do I approve of what he did? Nope.... BUT... what are you getting out of this? Your never going to see that toy and he will just reenlist it down the road for what he thinks is an appropriate price.

Have a heart and let this one go. Save the nerd rage for someone that deserves it. just ignore his auctions, we all know his name now, and do what you wish. Be it negative feedback or whatever other methods ebay allows you to take.

As someone mentioned earlier, the guy could of taken your money or dicked you around for a couple of weeks until he decided to throw you a refund because it was "lost" in the mail. Just be happy you got your refund and the guy decided not to play games with you. Sometimes those sweet deals work out, Not all of them, but some of them do.:thumbs2: 

15. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other people should be warned that if they win auctions with that guy they might not get there figure you need to at least leave negative feedback anybody who doesnt is doing others a disservice

16. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Because:

Honestly, if he wanted a better price for it, he should have listed it for that price. I don't see why Primeconvoy1 has to suffer for the seller's mistake, and its a dick move that the seller didn't even send him an explanation. I've sold a lot of things in the past that went for lower than I expected, but I still carried through with the transaction because at the end of the day it was my responsibility to do the research and find out what my items are really worth. If anything, he deserves a negative feedback just for being lazy and rude.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

1st rule of eBay: put it up at the absoloute minimum you are willing to part with it for. The days of enticing bids with low starts are way, way, way over and reserves are just a shitty way to do business.

On the other hand, fucking with this guy seems a little OTT, all things considered, especially if he doesn't have a history of doing so.

18. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    No! Vengeance must be had! If someone slights you in any way - you CRUSH them beneath your heal, murder their family, burn down their house, take their address book and repeat the process with anyone else in there.

Only then will the blood god be satisfied.

:D 

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'd keep an eye out for him re-listing it and put in a maximum bid equal to your winning bid. If he backs out again, it's going to look VERY suspicious when you report it.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't have said it better.