Minor/Repaint: Botcon Supplemental: G2 High Beam

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy filling out the ranks of my Botcon figures with characters I don't think we'll ever see in retail or from the club. After this year's Hasbro panel though, it's getting tougher to choose someone they won't be hitting in the near future.

First up is G2 High Beam.
    I wasn't able to get my hands on this particular shade of green/blue metallic paint, so I had to improvise and try to match the color myself. Could use a little more green I think. I'm still working on smooth paint application as well, I hate being able to see brush strokes. One day...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also opted to give him Classics Jetfire's two-part black weapon instead of keeping his original yellow one. I may have to go back and correct that, the yellow would make a nice contrast against HighBeam's black arms and fists.
    [​IMG]

I clipped Bumblebee's horns and sculpted a faceplate over him. The final result is actually my favorite part of the custom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More on the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also tried my hand at Fearswoop, but wasn't all that happy with the results. He sure is yellow...
    [​IMG]

I did enjoy having him punch out his ROTF counterpart though :D 
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

YAY HIGH BEAM! One of my first and favouritest toys as a wee lad. Why not paint Jetfire's weapon yellow? Hahaha I love the teaser pics too. Thanks for the slice of nostalgia.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Ok yeah. Your Brilliant. I love High Beam. FearSwoop looks pretty slick as well.

4. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

they look cool and I really like the fearswoop.

5. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Good work on fearswoop, Love the "Decepticon Punch" lol. Yeah keep experimenting with the paint and ull get it bro. but good work on all them.

6. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    G2 rocks!!!!

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i really dig the fearswoop dude!

8. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad you like the teaser pics! I need to reshoot a few because the lighting in my apartment is terrible! I'm hoping to have some more up in a day or two :)  Also, I think I may just paint Jetfire's weapon yellow. I liked the black until looking a little longer at the pics, and besides, the original figure had one, so why not?

Thank you sir! I never owned HighBeam, but he really jumped out at me during one of my Ebay binges, I'd love to see him get an official release, even if it's a straight up repaint.

Thanks! It's hard to see from the pics, but I tried to resculpt the face a bit to make him look more like the original. Unfortunately, a lot of the detail got lost once I applied paint, rats!

Thank you! I've hit the point where my brush painting is hit or miss, which is better than all miss I think :)  It's also making me a big fan of spraypaint; goes on even! Glad you like the Fearswoop punch! That ROTF repaint really motivated me to make a placeholder Fearswoop until something better pops up.

Indeed:thumbs2: 

Thank you!

9. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

[​IMG]

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Interesting. I've been planning on working up a High Beam from Armada Wheeljack.

11. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fearswoop came out much better than you give yourself credit for, and Highbeam is just plain G2 fun!

D/L

12. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For Highbeam's color... I recently did a color very simular recently, I started with Testor's metallic green and added Testor's Light Blue to both lighten it and add the blue tinge.

I do like seeing these two characters! Highbeam was always fun, and Fearswoop looks great!