Botcon Souvenir Figure Revealed (Terrorsaur)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Hasbro themselves may put on the conventions. This is what I mean by 'in-house'.

2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    We'll hopefully know for sure what the TFCC/Botcon situation is next month, because I know it has a lot of people worried at the moment. We'll hopefully get the details on how TFSS 5.0 will be handled, as well.

3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Hasbro have plans for the next decade of movies. They'll keep conventions chugging along.

4. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Anyway, does Terrorsaur come with an HFG, or just the weapon from that mold?

5. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Offroad?

6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I see no reason they wouldn't. I'm not sure to what extent but I'm quite confident that at least part of the HFGs are part of the mold for a given figure. Also it's very uncommon for FunPub to omit an accessory. The Cybertron retool retools did omit the minicons but so did the original Cybertron/Galaxy Force releases. Meanwhile the only other instance I can think of is Megaplex but in his case the accessory was a springloaded weapon reliant on electronics (which they usually cut out). They only started using Arms Microns the following year (which they really should've done earlier as the shark micron that comes with Dreadwing is perfect for Megaplex.)
    Silverbolt would work about as well as it does for Sea Clamp. Motormaster/Optimus might also work thanks to the very large forearms. I suppose I could even justify Hotspot due to the back guns being like stingers of sorts. So I guess as long as there's a torso bot it's doable.

7. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Maybe. Something land-based with a bit of bulk. Rook probably wouldn't work though.

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I think that the Rook mold that comes with two of Trailbreaker's pincer hand/foot guns would be the best choice for CW Skorponok.

9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Not a bad idea actually. Make it a two pack with some other dude and you've got a pair of limbs with HFGs. Heck a Waspicoptor might work.

10. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    But Rook's already Tarantulas, and having two of the same mould in a Combiner doesn't really work well.

COUGHCOUGHBREAKNECKQUICKSLINGERVICTORIONCOUGHCOUGH

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I know you're joking, but to me Rook into Skorponok makes a lot of sense: his unique ports on his arms means he can legitimately have pincer arms using two of Trailbreaker's accessy. Like Tarantulas the multiple windows of the altmode can be painted like a scorpion's eyes, the multiple wheels approximating a scorpion's legs. Hell, even the claw weapon is perhaps the closet thing to a stinger weapon in CW except maybe Dragstrip's knife.

Also, I imagine Terrorsaur is mean't to be separate from Predacus

12. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I know he is, and I'm not joking. I like my combiner limbs to be seperate moulds, even if moulds are shared between combiners. This is why I prefer Offroad to Breakneck, and Alpha Bravo to Quickslinger.

Yeah, rather unconventional, but I actually believe it. It's one of my gripes with Victorion.

13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    love the head

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I am the same on that, offroad and AB make for far more interesting teams. I am going to be swapping one of the heli's forearms with blades so I have a little less firepower on a rescue copter and some difference between the sisters.

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    yea but...look here's my issue with that...you know that old saying 'even a broken clock is right twice a day'? the usual suspects might spit idiocy 90% of the time but occasionally one might have a good point or give me a new thought on something i just never noticed or whatever and i don't wanna miss something interesting like that.

i'm all for everyone having an opinion and all it just gets annoying to hear the same song over and over and over and over and over.......

i thought the IDW connection had something to do with this story taking place in the gathering/ascending timeline? i think idw is cross publishing the book because of that. frankly i'd enjoy seeing idw promote the books that would make it easier for non attendees or club members to get. maybe do a 'timelines omnibus' somewhere down the road that collects it all or even make the membership storyline collections easier to get.

no it's not a bad thing at all. i have several of the botcon comics and they're fun reads. i enjoy them. the stories are good the art is good for the most part and they're imaginative.....but it doesn't change it from being fanwank.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    This would not look out of place in a modernized Classics/Generations lineup of Cyberjets whatsoever. Put him next to DOTM Space Case and ROTF Hooligan (he's a stretch, I know, but not like there's any other option currently...) and BAM! Disco Night Fever Seekers!

Leokaiser says hi.

[​IMG]

Doesn't that kind of run against Blades being not only one the most violent and psychopathic of the Protectobots, but one of the most violent and psychopathic Autobots in general?

17. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    It has a butterface!

Seriously the head looks goofy as hell.

Guess I'd have to be a BW fan or whatever to appreciate it.

Replace the head and I'd repurpose the mold as Redwing since everything else about the mold looks SICK! Sick as in Jordan's "Flu game" Sick!

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    The BotCon 2006 story was tied to the cartoon, too. It didn't stop pre-BW Tigatron and Airazor from appearing (much to the chagrin of people who make the exact same arguments being made re: Inferno).

As to IDW's involvement... given the BW stories they've already produced, I see no reason to assume that this changes the argument in any meaningful way.

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That's how I choose to interpret it.

I think it goes a bit beyond military structure. Straight out of his capsule, Tigatron has himself a tiger "partner". Almost immediately after coming to his senses, he has his thing with Airazor on the semi-downlow like it's no big deal. Cheetor, who should technically be considerably older, has to wait two more seasons of the show before he even hits robo-puberty.

20. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    Not bad. I might get one if the aftermarket isn't ridiculous.