Botcon Souvenir Figure Revealed (Terrorsaur)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Mar 17, 2016.

1. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    There's no need for that. Is he wrong? I've only been to Botcon for my Transformers convention needs. Plenty of of other cons for comics and general geekery. They're wildly different animals.

2. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Sure there is a need, it's a discussion board. It's not like I'm the only one thinking it, no?

Someone asked where to get the Transformers convention experience, and when someone answered him/her (with a truthful option), he/she couldn't wait to tell us all about how much greater the dead convention is as opposed to the convention that ya know, still exists.

3. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cute.

Your pithy response does not invalidate my statement. Have been to both conventions multiple times. I have supported both over the years. I gave an honest depiction from an honest unbiased perspective. All you did by calling me names and claiming that I'm 'White Knighting' is prove that you aren't unbiased.

My comment still stands, Botcon offers a lot more of a fan experience through different avenues, whether a bigger dealer room to guests, to tours around the city specific venue, when comparing to TFCon. Botcon has done this since the early years, before they were Official, I attended those as well.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    This is a discussion board, yes. This is not a "veiled insults" board, no.

No matter HOW many people are thinking it. Your comment did nothing to enhance the conversation. It was, literally, nothing but name-calling.

5. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    Thank you.

6. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    And Thank you!

7. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    You know what I'm saying. There's no reason to insult him. You also didn't answer whether or not he's wrong. Are the fan produced shows going to have official product reveals, exclusives or fiction? Do they have the huge dealer rooms? You can say your piece without attacking people.

8. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Terrorjet head and colours looks excellent! I hope that Funpub would do other Season 1 predacons, like Waspinator from the Skywarp retool of ROTF Dirge (it would be cool if his nosecone would be painted like his wasp mode butt)
    [​IMG]
    Dinobot (Made from the generations Springer mold, new head, it would be cool if his Sword was painted like his tail Cyber-slash tail weapon - Transformers Wiki )

And last, but not least, inferno (made with the Thrilling 30 whirl mold, new head)
    [​IMG]

Toughts??

9. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Unit-2 and Wing Saber was a clunky way to get Tigatron and Airazor involved in that story. Needless to say, I don't enjoy that story. But my point remains: Aren't we allowed to expect more from the convention comics? Aren't we allowed to expect a good story in and of itself, rather than "Oh look, it's Tigatron and Airazor..."?
    I remain of the opinion that IDW's inclusion is a good sign moving forward in regards to the quality of the comics.

As above, am I not allowed to expect more from these convention comics? Or should I just turn the other cheek and expect poor stories?

Rewatch "Spider's Game". The situation is a lot different than Grimlock's emergence from a pod in The Gathering.

10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I can almost guarantee you're putting more thought into it than the writer is. It's a one off 20ish page issue. It's probably never going to be revisited again. They have to hammer all the con characters into that tiny amount of story. It's not likely going to be any sort of end all, be all Beast Wars issue. You're expecting a hell of a lot. Too much, realistically. For me, I just hope it's fun and makes a decent amount of sense. I've liked all the comics so far.

11. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I'll take "the other side" (in relation to conventions) just for a moment to say that, even if no official product reveals, exclusives, or fiction, are present, a convention can indeed excel in other areas, even a specifically Transformers-themed one.

None of which is deny the importances of that official involvement, of course. Just to say that I would consider a convention that had all that official stuff, but which failed on every other level, to still be less enjoyable a convention than one that excelled everywhere else, even if the official stuff was missing.

12. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Snipping a lot of stuff that may well be relevant or valid. Just not taking those arguments on at present.
    Sure it was, but as has already been established, the BW cartoon, itself, was less than consistent on this point, and while the Season 1 stuff did lend itself to "protoforms are new characters who never existed before," later stuff did less so, and other materials (including from the very company whose current involvement you seem to want to laud) have suggested differently. Indeed, re: Blackarachnia, her later development into a TM2 and the plot device that built up around Tarantulas' shell program lend further credence to the idea of some form of Blackarachia having pre-existed. "Spider's Game" is not the whole story.

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Inferno from Whirl would be an interesting choice. Very outside the box.

14. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Let's not even get into the insanity involving Galvatron II in the G1 comic, the fact BW involves time-hopping, G1 Cliffjumper ending up in the SG universe, the fact the Aerialbots went back in time and saw the origins of the war, that Unicron himself is a dimension-hopping singular entity...

...Transformers has been playing with the idea of alternate dimensions and time travel since its beginning, why is this an issue now for anyone?

And how many times has Optimus come back from the dead?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yes, I would definitely take that one out of its box if I had one. ;) 

16. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    The lanky proportions and the claws work, but he would ned a new head...

Edit: I hope that they also would bring us a Botanica from the BH Soundwave mold, with laserbeak instead of Ravage, and a new head.

[​IMG]

17. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    It's entirely possible that (with the all-but-confirmed) TM2 Megatron, the souvenir, and the boxed set being all villains...we'll have an entirely Predacon-themed set of toys. If not, well, my theory is dead wrong. But it seems plausible.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    He was Dead . to quote the Eradicator " You were categorically deceased Kal-El"

I like Terrasaur but imma not gonna like the secondary market prices for him.

19. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I hope that the team of Predacons from the first season, would had to deal with the Council and their secret agents...

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think all of them.