Botcon Reveal #5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Grimlockimus, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bonus figure in TFSS 3.0?

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting hint in this interview with Pete from BotCon. Pete said Oilmaster was done to top Scorponok from the year before. He was asked if they have any plans to "top" Oilmaster next year. He said they don't plan to top him, but there will be something as a "lateral movement" next year, possibly in the Subscription Service. So possibly either the other deco of the gorilla shell, or the spider shell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WhNeCTRd7w

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Interesting perspective. IMHO, Oilmaster tops Scorponok in one way only: technical achievement. It's a leap forward beyond anything FunPub has done before. No disputing that.

But I'm simply not interested in a new Pretender. Scorponok tops Oilmaster in all categories that matter to me.

I'm extremely curious, however, in what Pete thinks of as a "lateral movement" (that, apparently, doesn't intend to "top" Oilmaster). Personally, I'd see a reuse of this shell or a creation of the other Double Pretender as both being "more of the same," whereas I'd think "lateral movement" would mean "something totally different." But I can't speak for Pete.

(For what it's worth, I fully expect to see this shell reused, purely because of the probable need to recoup costs. I just don't see it as being in the "lateral movement" category.)

And, Pete, I'm totally on board for new Action Masters! I may be the only one, but you'll have a sale with me! :) 

4. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be amazed if the shell isnt reused too.

And I agree Oilmaster tops Scorponok only in technical terms and I suppose ambition.

If they had gotten their hands on the original shell and been able to use that then it would have been different, for me at least.

A lateral move? Not sure if its another pretender I sort of hope it isnt Spidershell. I'd personally be more interested in say a new classic Pretender Starscream shell used for a legends Starscream mould in G2 colours and Thundercracker in Actionmaster colours and Skywarp in Machine Wars. Or a Classic Bee inspired shell for Bumblejumper. You get the idea.

Oh or Bludgeons shell and repaint the legends Megatron/Warpath mould. I'd kind of love that actually.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I hope we do get the spider shell at some point. We can't have that one while we already have Pretender Starscream.