Botcon Jazz and Grimlock revealed.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Turnip, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Grimlock/Trypticon will definitely be one of the highlights once you see it in person. Goes the same for Springer and Bugbite who when I saw early pics for work on the con comic I thought were cool but weren't the best but they are by far my favorite from last year and yeah I have all of them. Bugbite is just awesome. Tryptilock will be too methinks.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Because then he would be Cybertron Crosswise. :) 

Seriously, I figure that the Botcon crew decided to do Jazz this way because there are so many folks out there (myself included) who have wanted to see a Jazz version of that mold for a good long time.

I was hoping it would come around eventually... and now sadly, it's a Botcon exclusive.

Let the bitching COMMENCE!!! ;) 

zmog

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I agree, but I'm actually pleased about that. I was afraid he would just look like Stepper... because, you know, dark = evil. At least these colors sidestep that cliche.

Overall, though, I'm not sure how I feel about these. I don't hate them, but I'm not exactly head-over-heels in love with them either. Honestly Goldbug is still the best in the bunch to me.

Grimlock-as-Trypticon is sort of interesting, too. The mold looks nice in that color scheme.

I feel like Jazz should have had a different number on his hood, besides 4. Like, I dunno, "-4." It is a mirror universe, after all. Seems like a missed opportunity. :) 

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz looks like he just had dinner with Energon Prime. Ie. CHUBBY. I mean I like his head mold great. I never owned that mold, dies it look that chubby in person?

I also usually like Grimlock, but this particular take isn't doing anything for me.

On the otherhand I really like the Skyfire style Starscream.

5. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I like jazz's head, the rest is terrible though. Primes truck mode is a hideous eyesore.

Just WTF is all i can say...

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I think Jazz looks amazing. Wish I was going to Botcon. :( 

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really hope TFCC gets a few extras of these sets and puts them up in the Club Store...

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Re Jazz: Picking an alt mode that can't be repainted "evil" black because the original version already is = FAIL.

9. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    So far, the only one of these trainwrecks I can look at for more than a few seconds without stomach cramps is Tryptigrimlock. But just barely.

I'd gut Goldbug for a custom if someone gave me one tho. ;) 

10. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    As a homage, Jazz looks pretty good. As an Evil Jazz from a Mirror Universe, he really doesn't work. I was expecting a different color scheme like everybody else in the set has. I like the "Massacre Racing" and "Kill to Win" labels, but that (and the angry eyebrows) just isn't enough to make him evil. His head doesn't seem to match the aesthetics of his body either.

Not sure what I think about Grimlock. He looks pretty good in robot mode, but a little too monochromatic in beast mode. Maybe if there was more black? I dunno.

11. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I find it funny how FAB Smokescreen was a repaint of Jazz in the movie line, and now Botcon Jazz is a repaint of Cybertron Smokey (and Crosswise). Nice little switcheroo.

Also, Nemesis Grimlock looks like the bastard offspring of Trypticon.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that seals it for me. no botcon this years for me, and would have been my first. save my money for next year since it will be around the release of the new movie. Only thing evil about Jazz are the logos, he still looks like Jazz. and the rest are yuck to me.

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Given the fact that it seems questionable whether or not they'll sell out before attendees can get theirs, and there's still a waiting list of non-attendees (since 2/14) that will get them if they don't sell out to attendees, the only way I can see TFCC having any is if folks sell them back to FP at the convention.

I can't see this happening at all, actually. Folks would sell the sets to dealers first... better return on the investment.

14. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. All the extra sets are going straight to ebay thanks to the few people who ordered multiple times...

15. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    Color me happy! I love this set so far! and I am most definatly glad i am getting mine.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jazz's head looks too big or something. Love the vehicle mode though! - I do agree though that the little mottos on him aren't really enough to give an evil vibe.

Grimlock's colors are awful imo, like the very worst of G2 and the original Universe

17. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And you want to see something really good? Check out BBTS and the sold out preorder for the set. $429.99? Yeah... I think I'll play the waiting game when a more reasonable price for the set shows up either on BBTS or on the Junkion Exchange.

18. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'[m actually pretty upset that the set is sold out. I was planning on getting them this year, but can't afford it at scalpers prices.
    Les Boos Botcon. I wish they would have made more sets:( 

19. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda like Grim's colors, but I'm just a bit sick of repaints.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Hmm. Don't like Grimlock, but Jazz is definently the first one I'm enjoying. I guess if I can find him seperate (which is more than likely) I'll pick him up.