Botcon Jazz and Grimlock revealed.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Turnip, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    ^Given what I've heard about on whats happening in the club comic currently...my guess is is Cliffjumper

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm curious as to who the others are going to be this year. I'm hoping all of the add-ons are also in the comic (preferably vice-versa). I liked Alpha Trion last year, but I'd like to see all of the convention figures have something to do with that year's fiction. Also curious as to how many figures we're getting. We've already had 10 confirmed by Botcon and our mysterious He Tell Me guy:

Boxset:
    Optimus
    Goldbug
    Jazz
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Razorclaw

Freebie attendee figure

Add-ons:
    Megatron
    Hot Rod
    un-named minicon

And the fact that someone (Pete?) specifically made a statement along the lines of "once you have all XX figures in your hand." That seems to imply we might be getting more than the 10 we've gotten the past few years.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That (better or worse) makes a lot of sense, given the "We don't know where the hell Cliffjumper went." opening to the Transtech club comic.

the only other candidate for 'not of this universe' I see so far would be Jazz, since his colors don't scream 'evil clone' the same way others' do (and blue eyes! dude! :)  )

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How did I not realize the Pretenders thing before? That's awesome.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Well, Goldbug's my favorite so far, and Prime is third after Jazz. Starscream's my least favorite, but I guess you've seen finished versions so you have the edge. :p 

Wow! That's a very great/weird coincidence.

-airfox

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Well, you could always stop reading the forums, because what you want to hear about has no bearing on what people are allowed to post about.

7. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

That color scheme sounds perfect, but the number should be "6".

One on the hood, and one on each door. Now, that's evil... :D 

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Are you going to claim freedom of speech? No such thing on the internet.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I really hope the Razorclaw mini-con isn't actually an LOC Leobreaker. I like LOC's just fine when they're only displayed with each other, but their simplicity and lack of articulation makes them a poor fit when displayed with larger figures. Whereas minicons can be sort of excused because of their even smaller size.

Honestly, I don't think it will be an LOC. Remember, the original leaker dude who posted here referred to it as a "Micron." "Mini-Con" could be misinterpreted as "Mini-Decepticon," but "Micron" is pretty specific. I dunno, I guess he could have confused the two... but he seemed to know his Transformers (not saying I approve of the guy leaking info like that, but that's another topic).

I think "Razorclaw" could be applied to many different minicons: Snarl, Overbite, Swoop, the bird dude, the dragon dude, even the T-Rex. They all have "claws." There are probably even a few vehicle molds that would fit the name (I'm not too familiar with all the mini-cons, so I can't really point to one in particular... but there must be a sci-fi claw vehicle somewhere, right? :) ).

I sort of hope it's not the tiger mold, just 'cause that would be the most predictable choice.

10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Well, I'm just saying... if any of you guys don't like your Botcon Jazz, I'd be glad to take him off your hands. I never got the original mode and he looks pretty sharp, so I'm willing to pay a fair amount for him, considering I'm not going to Botcon this year... *sob*

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Same here. I want Jazz!

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Replace "allowed" with "going" then. ;) 

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't wait for the official unveiling pics of Starscream and Razorclaw, but I'm really getting antsy waiting for pics of the box art to be posted.

Speaking of official pics, were the at convention exclusives toys ever pictured before the convention opened?

Until I hold Prime in my hands the verdict is still out. Same for Grimlock. Goldbug & Jazz however are definitely winners in my book based off these photos.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Not officially IIRC.

-airfox

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No, usually eBay auctions from Asia start popping up about a month or so before Botcon. At least that's how Botcon 06 Megatron and Botcon 07 Alpha Trion were first seen (and, consequently, how I bought mine :D  ). The smaller ones usually don't get seen until the convention... same with the attendee freebie figure.

Though, we have been told (and considering that all of his rumors about this Botcon set have thus far been true I'm not going to doubt him now) that one of the sets will be evil Rodimus (Classics) and good Megatron (Energon)... so I'd expect to see Energon Megatron in his new paint scheme and remolded head on eBay about a month before the convention or so... unless they actually got tighter with security this year, but I doubt it.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, if any of them are getting made in the same factory as Animated.... :rolleyes: 

17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

???
    Did I? Nope. I simply said what you want to read/hear about has nothing to do with what we can post.