Botcon Drench/Wheeljac/sideswipe look!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Peaugh, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's been some noting on the mixed nature of this year's exclusives ("evil" repaints along with homage repaints to other characters, and "Classics jazz with funny mottos"). One speculation (mine) was that this year's exclusive was a method to clear out some of the repaint ideas which were just sitting around, and may not have much opportunity in the future, assuming Animated and Universe molds might have a greater influence on Botcon sets in coming years.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I'm glad they're not calling him Drench (as far as we know). The Wheeljack mold looks much more like Sideswipe than it does like the original Drench. Not to mention, all the other mirrorverse characters are G1-based, while Drench was G2... and Sideswipe's personality makes the faction-swapping more logical. The Drench coloring is just a cool bonus, as an homage to an homage.

Man, between Wheeljack, Sideswipe, and Drench, this toy has a complicated history to it. :)  If FP wanted to REALLY mess with people's heads, they could say this character was named Sideswipe when he was an Autobot, but changed his name to Drench when he changed factions.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that there's an official Classics Sideswipe coming down the pipe, it would be a bit redundant, in my opinion... THIS would have been that opportunity. Ah well..

Chris (happy with most everything in the Shattered Universe.. except Grimlock. Looks way too much like Classics Grimmy)

4. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    WOT?!? I, Obvious Prime, am scandelized!

5. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

HAH!

6. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

What is this? A custom? If so, great job!

EDIT: OH... Test shot! I've never actually seen this before.

[​IMG]

7. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That's the original Universe Drench prototype. It's no custom or even the Botcon figure.

8. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I think its a neat idea..... However, after looking at picture 7, I couldn't help, but get the idea that he's about to pummel / abuse someone with his two giant *insert Austin Powers phallic associative word here*. Oh my gosh, I can't look at him in the same way again. Quick, give him a gun, or something. teehee...