Botcon comic, what is it like?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NexusPrime, Oct 2, 2006.

1. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

News Credits:
    We have heard all about the news and updates from botcon but what is the comic and it's storyline like?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    It's pretty good.

Summary: Tigatron (called Unit 2, NOT Tigatron) and an unnamed black Clocker are responding to a theft of the Golden Disc. The black Clocker gets shot and then Megatron and the Preds retreat (to the protests of Dinobot).

Meanwhile Laserbeak and Buzzsaw are receiving orders from Divebomb (The G1 Predacon) to ensure Megatron reaches his destination.

Waspinator steals the Darksyde and names it. Tigatron tries to commandeer Airrazor's ship but she'll only let him if she can go too.

Maximal council decides to send the Axalon after Megatron because it's the only ship in the vicinity that can use Transwarp, and is faster than Megatron's ship.

The Maximals are loading up cargo. Cheetor and Rattrap fight, Rhinox breaks it up. They take off with orders to dump their "cargo" on a desolate moon when they receive new orders to follow Megatron. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw attack. At the last second Tigatron and Airrazor show up and help out. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw's ship is destroyed and they presumably die. Tigatron and Airrazor are damaged and their ship is unstable. The Maximals decide to transfer their sparks remotely to some blank protoforms in cargo, thus explaining why Tigatron was on Cybertron before the Beast Wars.

The Maximals pursue Megatron, battle ensues, they jump through the warp hole, and the Beast Wars begin.

Epilogue, the G1 Predacons are talking about the Beast Wars. Razorclaw is a repainted Cybertron Leobreaker.

The story and writing were pretty good. I thought the comic was much improved over the last comic. Note that although I used names in the summary, they are NOT named in the book other than Optimus Primal and Megatron. The only hint you get is that Primal is talking to Rattrap and uses the first letter of his name (still an "r") before being interrupted.

3. NexusPrime

News Credits:
    Sounds great:thumb  What model did they use for Airrazor?

4. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Energon Slugslinger with a new head. FP let slip something about a female club exclusive. Draw your own conclusions.

Scorponok and Terrorsaur were in there too as backgrounds characters, as were most of the G1 Predacons. I couldn't really identify who or if they were based on existing toy molds.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    She was the Energon Slugslinger mold. Speculation is that she will be the other club store exclusive figure after Astrotrain.

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Now THAT I will buy, I love the Energon Slugslinger mold.

7. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Isn't there a comic coming out soon at regular comic stores that involve the pre-BW form of the characters too?

8. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Yeah, it's the same issue. Don't know if it will have all the Botcon program stuff in the back of it, but otherwise you will all get a chance to read it for yourselves.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sweet! Can't wait to get my comic with my non-attendee package! Also, here's hoping that we get a Pre-Beast Wars Airazor! Retooled head FTW! And FP, while you're screwing with the Slugslinger mold... could you please please try to make some of the pegs tighter?

10. NexusPrime

News Credits:
    I saw Tarantulus in the preview on botcon's website, did he play any role in the comic, or was he a background character like Scorponok and Terrorsaur?

11. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Tarantulus was pretty much a background character. Didn't have anything to do with the story really.

12. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some other stuff:

Airrazors ship is named "Chromia"

Scorponok appeared to be an extensively remolded Scrapmetal.

I couldnt make out what toy would make the Terrorsaur toy, same for Tarantulus as he is only seen from the sholders up (possibly Cyb. Dirt Boss)

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like it's pretty good, can't wait to read it. And put me down for 2 Airrazors with the Slugslinger mold please, thanks FP!:thumb 

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'm hoping all of those characters become club exclusives at some point.

Cybertron Dirt Boss as Taratulas would look really sweet... although not much of a color change really.

Scorponok would look nice coming out of a Scrapmetal, but based on the scans a friend of mine showed me... I'm not sure if FP would be willing to put the money in to a club exclusive to retool it that extensively.

Terrorsaur looks like he could be done up out of a MW jet mold similar to Waspinator, but I haven't really seen a good looking picture of him yet.

Mostly, I'd like to see the team of G1 Predacons done up with Cybertron/Energon figures.

Razorclaw = C. Leobreaker
    Divebomb = E. Divebomb
    Rampage = E. Battle/Command Ravage
    Ramhorn = C. Backstop
    Tantrum = C. Wreckloose

Eh, who cares if he can't combine into Predaking! Just imagine having a Razorclaw that could combine with C. Galvatron or Megatron! Heh, screws the hell out of Nemesis Breaker though huh?

So, since at the FP Club panel they said they might if we want it... to whom do I beg?

15. NexusPrime

News Credits:
    From hearing from everyone I think this would be an excellent storyline to animate, but the roles could be reversed, the predacons being the slaves but secretly sabotaging the maximals from the inside, I guess its just the theme of politics being put into the show could be interesting.

16. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    For the record, in FP's display case, they had a set of customs produced by the guy who did the customizing class, and those are EXACTLY the molds that he used for the Predacons (minus Divebomb, who I didn't see in the case for some reason).

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That I would love to see. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone took any pictures of FP's display case. Shame really, but on the positive side it's nice to know that they have a really good idea going! Awesome! :thumb 

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Transfan2 took some, here.

19. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Are you talking about these figs?
    http://www.allspark.com/gallery/Botcon-Dealer-Room-Part-3/IMG_0462

Just want Megs...but too friggin' expensive....hopefully it goes down. *Dreams*

EDIT: Slaggit, Orodruin beat me to it.;) 

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hey, thanks guys! I don't frequent the allspark so I didn't know they had pics. :thumb