Botcon boxset, bagged set, & exclusives pre-orders are up @ BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crobot91, Jun 1, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really suprised. They had 700 left Saturday morning.

2. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Ah! That's what I was asking on Page 1! :) 

3. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

700? that's surprising considering how many people usually attend. Anyone know this year's attendance?

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think BBTS was going on the fact that the box sets didn't sell out til late (or perhaps didn't sell out yet at all) so it's not as popular as some of the previous sets.

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I'd rather hunt down a deal on the 'Bay.

If you're only after a couple of figures (I only wanted Elita One), a keen eye will land you a bargain. I nabbed me an Elita for only $80 shipped (& as I live in Australia, that's a great price :) ).

6. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On Friday night at close they said they had 700+ Razorclaw/Elita-One, 200+ Banzaitron/Skyquake, and 200+ Sweeps. I was sixth in line and immediately got back in line (maybe 100 people/badges) and they were out of sweeps by the time I got back so there's no way they had 200+ sweeps available.

Razorclaw/Elita-One didn't sell as well for several reasons.
    1) It cost more then the others for the same size (voyager+deluxe = 3 deluxe).
    2) They had a lot more razorclaw sets to start with then the others
    3) Being an anniversary set, it didn't go with the boxset or comics. The demand for it would be the people who attended in 06 and 07.
    4) When they had 700/200/100 sets left on saturday morning they still limited it to 1 set per person.

Estimated primus packages
    RC/E1: 2000-700=1300 (2-3 per primus) ~ 400-800 primus
    BZ/SQ: 1400-250=1150 (2 per primus) ~ 570-750 primus
    Sweeps: 1000-200/150=750/800 (1 per primus) ~ 750-800 primus
    Assuming that dealers would have bought the max sweeps my guess for primus holders is ~700

BBTS prices seemed fairly set to move the items. They have over 100 leozack so it's priced lower. Razorclaw and Banzaitron they had about 40 so they price slightly lower then ebay. Sweeps they only had 20. Probably priced it at $160 because that how much it was going for a day and a half ago.

7. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Placed a pre-order for Leozack. Got a Sweep set from a board member for $150 shipped and hopefully I'll have them this week. Got a Bagged Wings of Honor Set for $250 shipped.

8. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

Those are decent prices? o_o Man, the TF community is jaded by price gouging these days.

I think I'd be better off not worrying about the exclusives until I can make it to 'Con some year in the future.

9. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Sadly, double the asking price is the average nowadays. The box sets are always a bit more sane because people can actually order those. I know that they say they want to keep the extra exclusives Con only; but I really wish there was a way that we didn't have to either A) get gouged on eBay or B) wait to see if there were extras, miss our ordering window, then get gouged for even more on eBay.

10. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Sweeps are now going for as High as $300 BIN on ebay, not that anyone has bought them at that price but that is pretty ridiculous.

11. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A semi-solution would to be allow everybody at the con to buy a certain amount (1 or 2 sets on Thursday/Friday) and then also set a limit on Saturday/Sunday (another 1 or 2). This would allow for more walk-ins to be able to purchase them but since they'll still cost double a normal voyager+deluxe there might be some leftover for the store. Of course, selling stuff in the store is a pain for funpub so I can understand them doing things the same ole way.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every year it seems there is one or 2 figures that go for ridiculous money. In '05 is was Ratchet and to a lesser extent Flare Up. In '06 it was Megatron. In '07 it was Thrust. I'm not sure which in '08. And in '09 it looks like the Sweeps. I wouldn't be surprised there's some guy (or gal) out there buying up multiple Sweeps (when I say multiple I mean more than the 3 a pack) since Sweeps are meant for army building. Expensive army building but I wouldn't be surprised if some guy out there is trying.

13. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Oh god, Ratchet!

I still have deep regrets that I had to sell him. Fell backwards into an $80 deal right after the con. Lost my job, and had to sell him. Went looking for him the other day and saw that the average price was over $400! *sob*