Botcon Attendee freebie is ...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by clonemanager, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really do wish I could have attended Botcon and gotten a set this year...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Dude, it's not that great of a figure... had it for like a week before selling it on eBay for $25. It's repainted from the G2 Cyberjet Jetfire.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    WOW, THAT IS... so incredibly underwhelming... Dropping the ball so bad this year! Nothing about Jazz's normal color scheme is evil, his negative-color repaint however could pass for that! This... thing... is no Ricochet.

4. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    then i'll have one soon, cause i want every one ever made of that character, so the g1 stepper will also be mine

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You know... with a different name I think I might not be too opposed to it after giving it a second look, but I'm not wowed enough to pay the kind of money that these kinds of exclusives usually demand. Nah, pass. Looks like Jazz is still the only one that I'm going to attempt to pick up... and maybe Goldbug, but if I do that head is getting a repaint and he's going to get a Decepticon sticker.

You know... I'm actually waiting for a Reprolabels to do an upgrade kit for 08 Jazz... he'd make a great replacement for Classics Jazz with the right stickers.

Cool if that's your thing dude. While I like G1 Stepper/Ricochet, I was never taken with that repaint of him or this new one for that matter.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    All I can think of when I see that pic is how that paint job makes him look like Ron Burgundy.
    [​IMG]

Go fuck yourself, San Diego!

Now, if he came with a minicon named Sex Panther...:lol 

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Make sure to buy G1 Quickmix too.

8. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I like this major guy :thumb 

And son't listen to Laser, 2005's Ricochet has the best looking Cyberjet deco imo.

Just a quick note, the 2005 Ricochet is a new character, just shares the name. The 2008 Ricochet is an evil alternate version of the actual Ricochet in an all new color scheme...

9. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i'm just in shock of what botcon has done....two years...TWO YEARS OF MAKING ME SHED TEARS OVER DAMN EXCLUSIVES

i still love you guys for what you have done for the fandom, oh well i'll eventually get them all

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    lol NO GETTING IDEAS XD

thanks for this, i promise to get this this summer, you rule, but quick question, why the new color sceme, if jazz can have g1 colors, couldn't good ole richochet have his, then i would really be MAJORLY CRYING (PUN INTENDED)

11. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The only tears anyone should shed for Ricochet is if someone "flew" it right into their forehead or eye. :p  He's really, really, REALLY not hard or expensive to obtain. Only poor Buzzclaw and Dirge are cheaper/more commonly found for sale.

12. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

lol thats it?

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad we're getting another deluxe-sized freebie. Honestly, though, Ricochet is pretty out-of-left-field, and doesn't look evil in the least. GIVE HIM A GOATEE, PETE!!!

14. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha!!!! I love it!

15. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol yup!

Oh, he's a baddie. Not that he needs something else, but the tech spec art for him is amazing as well, just wait to you see it and see who did it...

16. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    you and the peeps of FP are my heros, i can't wait to get one

ps.COME BACK TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I CAN KISS YOUR FEET :bowdown: :lol 

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had printer problems and couldn't get my form to print. I wanted to fax it in back when Jazz was first shown. He was the only one in the set that was a "must have" for me. By the time I got my computer fixed, the set sold out.

Since I missed the 2005 convention, and only wanted Ironhide, I couldn't see paying that price for the set for just one figure. With the new offer of a 2005 set plus the freebie, the freebie was really the deciding factor for me. I'd either buy that set ( getting Ironhide and the freebie if I liked it ) or just do a $9 walk in. Seeing as I don't like the freebie and Ironhide is still not worth $250, I guess I'm walking in.

If you guys would just upgrade to an online registration method, I wouldn't be in this position. I could've done the online registration since my printer being down would have no effect on my ability to preregister. I was even gonna put my Masterpiece Ramjet in the art/kitbash contest. Oh well, fate decided I would not preregister and do so. Given the complaints, you really should invest in an online ordering system and stagger the attendee/non-attendee registrations. This would do alot to stop most of the complaining about how you guys are running things. Who knows, maybe if you opened registration before production of the toys, you could judge by the early order how many to have made before it's too late to up the quantity. Three simple changes would make a WORLD of difference in the fan opinion of your organization.

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    The more I think about it, the more it reminds me of Stunticon Deadend. I wonder if the club ever considered a Stunticon box set instead of this.

19. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    GIVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad to get this for free...I doubt I'd pay extra for this. Maybe some dealer on the Botcon floor who wants this more than me will give me a good deal...

-Tony!