Botcon 2016 Technobots Robot Modes Display Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Thanks to TFW2005 for the logo on the faces!

2. Kyle Blues

Kyle Blues whoo.

Look I don't care enough about computron for the rather sad and impractical nosecone to bother me too much. He's kind of adorably silly.
    The more varied color scheme + hands and feet on this one really work for me enough that I'd easily settle on getting this version, especially if it's cheaper than takara's.

3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Afterburner having the new head is a pleasant surprise. I continue to be tempted by the upgraded hands and feet, especially with there not being any not costly alternatives. Scrounge is still great.

4. grindcore138

grindcore138 I'm tryin' to get a Sprite sponsorship

News Credits:
    Hooray for Afterburner having the new head after all.
    Cool. Cool cool cool.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like afterburner's bot mode but I hate his vehicle mode. Nosecone is horrible. Strafe is ok. I'm sticking with my quantron although I am partially tempted to get the takara version

6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Are those orange cannons on strafe's altmode 5-mm weapons? Cuz' it they are,that would be awesome. Also,again ill say this. They look like null rays to me.

7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Methinks that parts of Strafe (lower wings, null ray like guns) possibly hint at a CW Ramjet and Dirge.

Also, I'm willing to trade my eventual UW Afterburner for a CW one for the one person that really wants him in red (but I wanna keep the new guns).

8. Okspears

Okspears Master of Irrelevance

::sigh:: I hate lightspeed even more. Still sold by Strafe, Afterburner, and Scrounge. Who do I have to give my money to?

9. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love it when tits on this forum are wrong.

I will undoubtedly get both but even if I don't manage to get takaras I'll be happy with this, afterburner looks great with the new head. Still sucks about lightspeed and nosecone but honestly lightspeeds repainted head isn't that far off as is tbh.

10. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Let's hope they do that,considering that they already have the head,the null rays and the wing placement. I think they could do the entire g1 seekers in combiner form!

11. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus, we've already seen the Conehead sculpt on the Air Raid mold for UW Armada Thrust.

12. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

So may I ask a dumb question? The set is the only way to get the US Computron, right? No individual limb releases to go with the already out Scattershot?

And that scattershot is different from the current release in paint only, not a remold like the UW one?

Man, this hobby is almost too much to follow sometimes.

13. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Don't act like you knew what was actually going on when Hasbro themselves presented the slide with Afterbreaker sporting a repainted Groove head.

People weren't reacting to random speculation, but the information presented to them, officially mind you, at the time.

14. Kyle Blues

Kyle Blues whoo.

Yeah, lightspeed doesn't look bad at all...could be seen as a reinterpretation of the original toy design just like takara's. The only issue would be the excess white and people not liking him being a repaint of streetwise. Personally I wouldn't mind though since the only UW/CW toy I have is devy so it would be an all new mold to me.

15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 TFW's #1 Combaticon Addict 10 years running Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's correct. Far as we know, no individual Technobots and the only difference between this Scattershot and the individual Scattershot is paint. UW Scattershot has all the remolding in bot and torso modes.

16. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

The following is opinion...

Even the new head isn't enough to help Afterburner, color choices with toy accuracy in mind would have made him awesome looking.

Takara Nosecone blows this one away, it's just a repainted Brawl with a sewing needle for a drill point.

Strafe is OK, but the Takara looks much better, more like Strafe.

Takara Lightspeed actually looks like Lightspeed in both modes, Hasbro's is semi accurate color wise in alt mode, Bot mode looks like Streetwise moved his colors around a bit.

Takara Scattershot with the retools is far superior and not just a maroon or pink and white Silverbolt with a new head.

Hasbro Supritron basically has the new hands and feet to his advantage, but not being color keyed to the Takara version makes them maybe not a huge draw. In Combined mode most of the individual blah of each figure goes away. Just not sure it's worth $100 for hands and feet and a possible Blah Combiner, even repurposed as a Con.

If I choose to get the set, I'll sell the bots, or give them to my Son, but likely I'll pass.

17. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Seeing that that Nosecone makes me think... maybe they shoulda done a club exclusive cybertronian razorclaw. After all, IDW's razorclaw did turn into a drill at points. It's like how CW warpath doesn't have the chest cannon.

18. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im not acting like that at all, it's just nice to see the people constantly bashing hasbro being proved wrong.

Pretty sure during combiner wars there was a render of a character revealed without remolding or something and then it turned out they actually had remolding.

Everyone should by now, never trust the renders, it may stop mistransformation but even hasbro get the renders wrong, it's been shown many times not just the example I gave ( pissing me off that I can't remember who it was, it was deffinately during combiner wars though!)

19. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

I am glad to see the bots rather than just the renders. And, seems these two set have brought out all of our opinions and debate maybe more than anytime I can recall. Like me, no one seems to care about Scattershot. He is passable either way. I still like the Hasbro Strafe choice but I DEF see why some would be drawn to Takara's. Lightspeed/steed is another story. I hate the breakdown/wheeljack mold, so it is an immediate loss for Takara there. BUT, they have a fantastic paint job. So, with the Hasbro one, since I like the mold, I could see adding red paint to the arms and thighs maybe to help the red colour and MAYBE take the eyes across in blue to make a visor. Although, yes, he SHOULD have a new head sculp. As for Afterburner, I like both for different reasons so I could see anyone wanting either. I like the colour layout on Takara but I like the orange used by Hasbro. Finally, poor ole Nosecone. Rook's mold, even recoloured, just doesn't look Nosecon-ish. I have no problem with Brawl's mold for Nosecone now that I see it OTHER THAN the fact that it DEF needs a new head sculpt. I expected to hate it a lot more than I do. Plus, I know Brawl has had many issues but, so far, I haven't had any issues with my version of the mold....yet!

20. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Too little, too late. Takara blows this garbage out of the water.