Botcon 2016 Ravage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Scaleface, Oct 3, 2015.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Since when has Botcon released a straight un-modded import as a con exclusive? Even Breakdown was retooled for 2015 Megatron.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    People will still moan. Because that's what they do.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Wow, that head sculpt is awful. If I got this thing, I'd snag a Breakdown head and fix this as quickly as possible.

Also, can someone collect all those threads where some of the "experts" stated that Botcon couldn't use a mold that was being used at retail at the same time? This would be the opportune time to laugh at those.

4. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Keep in mind, all Transformers and Botcon exclusives USED to be made in China.

The move to Vietnam has quite possibly allowed the quicker access to molds for TCC.

5. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    So if three of the five bots might be the members of the Tripredacus Council, that would mean that there would be yet another trio of toys that looks nothing like what was seen in the show.

But show-accuracy is probably not what they are going for anyway.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I for one hope that, should the Tripredacus be part of the boxset, that they have show accurate heads.

Magmatron out of Sky Lynx with the dragon mode decoed like his combined dinosaur mode would be amazing.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well they have done shared exclusives through the club store for Cloud and G1 Shattered Glass Blaster and Soundwave, so they could do it that way maybe.

But no, there's no way they're going to do their own take on Grand Scourge when TakaraTomy already did it. You can say a lot about the club, but they always try to do something original that Hasbro and Takara aren't likely to make themselves.

8. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    I agree with ya. I like the BW vibe; I can't actually afford these! :lol  I mean, I could set aside some $500 for these... but there's better stuff to get for that much dough. This guy is cool, no doubt, but not $40-50 cool! That's way too high! :(  It's a CW mold... in general, while I like the toyline, they feel incredibly cheap and cost-cutting-y -- ergo, I don't see myself paying a premium for non-premium molds. :( 

Fixed it for ya! ;)  It's what you meant to say, right? If not, maybe take a look at my sig? :lol 

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    no, i think it's stupid because Modern Era Vehicle Beast Wars characters just doesn't make a ton of sense within the established fiction and timelines. The Axalone set made perfect sense, "Cybertronish" vehicle modes for pre-Beastie BW characters. It was great, felt well thought out and appropriate. (that Primal was sooooo good)

It just seems like a poor application of theme.

A RiD'01 set makes a lot of sense, RiD was littered with Combiners, Prime was already a combiner, and there are molds that lend themselves reasonably well to being the characters, and there's some fun history & Symmetry involved with making Hot Spot into Fire Convoy since there was the cancelled Fire Convoy to Hot Spot/Defensor Convention exclusive from back in the day.

Far better the sticking a black Hello Kitty head on a Lambo.

Ha, Totally, although, not really BM anniversary yet. :p 

10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't seem to want to acknowledge RID 1 was a thing, but...

Instead of BW, why not say the combiners are "Transtech" characters? It'd make a bit more sense.

...and I'm still bitter we never got that toyline.

11. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    You know what Armada got for its 10th? How bout RiD? Energon? Nothing. And as we close out 2015, you know what Cybertron is getting for its 10th? Jack nothing.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Still betting this will try to look as close to Predaking as they can get so Hasbro can at least try and say they attempted a new Predaking. Personally I'm hoping for some interesting add ons...since the add ons haven't been directly tied in with the box set I doubt they will all be beasts...though I do expect we'll see that pretender she'll used again as Optimus.

If I had to hazard a guess:

Attendee freebie - Tigertron (from Ravage)

Custom Class figure - Cheetor (from Ravage)

Add on 1 Pretender Optimus Prime
    ?

Add on 2. ?
    ?

Troop builder - Seekers (just to make the internet implode and gives Galvatron some limbs) Combiner Wars Air Raid as Starscream, Thundercracker Skywarp and Acid Storm

13. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    OR they could have been off base, especially since this was during that whole Seekergate era.

14. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I think it'd have made more sense to do a combiner based on the '86 movie's core cast, honestly.

Main body - Rodimus (retool of either Hot Spot or Motormaster/CW Prime)
    Blurr (Stunticon retool, maybe Drag Strip?)
    Arcee (another Stunticon, maybe Dead End)
    Springer (Alpha Bravo retool)
    Kup (Offroad retool)

May be a lame idea, but would still be more interesting than THIS.

15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, somebody please explain.

Who the fuck is Tigertron?

I know there's Tigatron, but I've never heard of the guy mentioned above.

And honestly, I think doing Maximals would be pointless w/o a combiner of their own. (same goes for TFSS Impactor)

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Arcee out of Dragstrip to coincide with Animated would be my choice. And Rodimus out of Motormaster so Wheelie could join up too.

But I think it's a bit early to call this idea lame. We have only seen one figure and as such don't yet know what the rest of the team will be. One could asume that it'll be Tripredacus themed, based on the name and Ravage, but it could just as easily be based on the Season 2 Predacon cast.

I think we should reserve judgement for now.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Pete actually spoke about this over the weekend, hasbro has a different team in charge of TF's now and they want the club to be putting out things closer to what they do at retail, the old team didn't so the rules have changed, I got the impression it was actually hasbro that wanted them to do a combiner and the original idea was beast wars with non CW toolings.

18. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    And when was the switch? I remember when they were doing SG Thundercracker was the same year that Generations Thundercracker was done, and I think it was still the old team at the time. That would shoot holes in the team change theory a little.

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd love an RID combiner set!

question is - who would round out the rest of the Autobot limbs - we've only really got the 3 Autobot Brothers as part of the main cast - so they'd need to get guest stars with molds that fit existing CW molds like the Spychangers, or Skidz.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Its not a theory, its what Pete said happened, you don't want to believe him that is your bag, I am just repeating what he said.