Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Sep 4, 2015.
If you tell people stuff like that, they're not going to want to release scans of their stickers.
Can you show me where he said that? What Twitter account?
G1 sets are up at the FunPub store right now.
Twitter account was @SG_TFClubPete
That's not Petes Twitter account
Good to know!
Never renewed my membership, if anyone would be super nice to buy an extra set of the Reflector 3 pack and Tigatron Unit 3, and guest cards and Ratchet sticker sheet set I will Paypal. Message me.
I am just waiting to get the full set before I release the scans but I officially have G1, G2, and Medix.
Wow, it's a weird sight to see when sticker sheets are selling for more than some of the actual toy exclusives.
If anyone can get me a few things for the store will pay for their trouble message me.
- Getting autographs from David, Venus and Gregg (didn't get Archer)
- Bumping into Kenny Meredith and Vince before the show and getting a picture with them.
- Stan Bush and Vince Dicola Concert.
- All of the panels.
-The HUGE Exhibit Hall.
- The exclusives ( I got the box set, Megatron, Terrorsaur, and Airazor).
- The Galt House was a good location to have the convention IMO.
- The fact that it was my first Botcon.
- Meeting Stan Bush and getting his autograph and a picture with him.
- Meeting other fans in person (I listen to TFYLP so it was neat to see some of the members in person. I briefly introduced myself to Headmaster Don).
- Casino Night and the dinner.
- Having to leave because it went by so fast for me and it was the last Botcon.
- Getting the "Botcon Flu" and being sick for a couple of days.
- When asked what I got on Friday by a kid in the elevator I responded with a "Transmetal 3 Megatron". He and another kid questioned me, saying that it was a Transmetal 2 and that I need to check my facts. I ended up being correct but the fact that I got called out on something I knew I was right about is considered a con for me. Not a big deal though.
All in all it was a great experience and I'm glad that I was able to make it this year as a Primus Package Holder (I live about 5 hours away from where the convention was at).
Maybe I am a little late to the party, but was anyone else disgusted by the awards dinner on Saturday? Hot dogs and chicken fingers...seriously? This is what I paid for?
Then they didn't wait for everyone to get through the food lines to start the awards presentations and Judd Nelson spent his entire speech talking over the crowd.
Well, I can't speak to the awards presentations. I was already GONE to go play Bingo.....
But, yes, I thought the food should have been of a higher caliber. They send all those notes telling us we should be dressed up, and then serve hot dogs (and I don't think chicken fingers were even an option in my line...)? Those things just don't match.
Shoulda been in my line. They had a full set up of two people cooking shrimp, sausage onion chives, etc... And serving it with fettuccini or macaroni. It was pretty damn good.
Also, if I remember correctly I don't think Judd was even supposed to be at the awards dinner on Saturday. But I could be wrong.
The buffet style hot dogs, burgers & chicken, etc... At the GT dinner wasn't half bad either.
Perhaps the complaint should simply be "inconsistent service" or "luck of the draw lines" then.
True, but no one was forced into any single line either, so....
We skipped out on the awards dinner - ate around 6pm so that we could wake up early sunday morning to go ziplining at Louisville Mega Cavern at 10:30am (I highly recommend doing it if it's your first time ziplining like it was for us, very fun! We also took the tram tour, which was just ok). It's too bad there were no videos of the TF HOF nominees, that was something I enjoyed watching the last couple of times.
Unfortunately, our flight to Dallas was delayed about two hours and so we missed our connecting flight. Managed to get on the last flight to SF though so we lucked out (even though the gate agent gave us the wrong terminal number). It didn't affect our flight, but the Louisville airport security also was a bit puzzled by my carry-on bag of souvenir Botcon toys and some interesting rocks from the cavern gift shop - luckily I had receipts It was nice seeing and briefly chatting with Gregg Berger and Stan Bush waiting for their flight at the terminal as well as bumping into a few fellow Botcon attendees.
Forced? What a strange thing to say. It's not like people were going to (or, bluntly, should have had to) look around for what lines offered what options. They should all have been serving the same thing, to get people in and out as quickly as possible.
Although, as I've said about another matter entirely, none of this matters much now. It's not like they could hear our complaints and fix things for next year....
We met some nice people from Colorado that left to play bingo. I wish we had gone with them. What were the prizes for bingo or did you just win chips, etc.
Separate names with a comma.