Botcon 2016 Exclusives Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The13Primes, Apr 7, 2016.

1. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Reflector's a Botcon exclusive??? AW, man!

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Yeah, minus the quality....

Yeah, and that's just the ones we know of.... Then they wonder why 3rd party is always eating their lunch... It's ridiculous!

3. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Welp, if any attendees who aren't just there to scalp on eBay afterwards have any of the toys they're not keeping, pm me, because there's a few I'd like if anyone's willing to ship to the UK for less than a bajillion bucks!

Shame I never got to botcon in all these years, I bet the atmosphere is great.

4. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I love Reflector, but this doesn't do it for me. I'll pass on this and hope for some other official release at some point. I've waited for many years already, it's not a huge priority.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Ha! Exposed!

But scalpers will do what people allow....so I guess paying quadruple the price for Legend class figures isn't out of the question.......Perhaps bridges are for sale as well.

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    Exactly....no one should be looking to buy any figure second hand now scalpers are asking way too much for some of these

That being said I still think megatron and possibly reflector are going to stay marked up for awhile. Bw is popular as hell and this version has been wanted for some time. As for reflector g1 chug collectors will be all over that no matter how awful the camera mode is.

After awhile I can see unit3 tigatron and airazor going down in price. Especially tigatron cuz that head is all sorts of fucked up

7. Zaibach

Zaibach Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm going to Botcon tomorrow. Hopefully I can snag one of those Megatron figures.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's always ppl upset about prices. Happens every year. There are ppl who knew and know couldn't go and have money or saved money because they planned to get it from eBay anyways. It's pretty much a staple that if you go to the con you get extras to basically pay for yours or the trip. I did it twice and it's worth it. Ppl can't get upset that because they didn't get to go that prices are how they are now now and feel they should have them cheaper.

9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    I always love how scalpers try and rationalize their ludicrously inflated pricing...

10. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    There's markup to cover cost and then there is scalping.

11. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    We're not here to discuss scalpers or what people choose to sell their toys for. They went to the show, they purchased them. If they want to put them on eBay for $5,042.33 then they can do that. If you don't like it, don't buy from them.

13. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    unless i get at or near "retail" Reflector might have to wait.
    Air Razor last in line.
    Terrorsaur priority #1!!
    No interest in Flash or Megs
    box set will be picked up one at a time as money permits...

14. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:

Amen Brother Mod.

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

People seem to ignore that along with the $60 price for the set, there's also a $400 box set/admission, $400-500 or so for the hotel, and probably a $400 flight per person involved...on top of whatever you spend for food, drink, and transportation while you're there. Yet those that stay home still want their set for $60 plus maybe $10 as a thank you? Right... And for the record, I'm neither buying, selling, or attending...I've been to 1 botcon and didn't even sell a bunch of shit then...I just realize the reality of the sitch and know it's damn expensive to get those sets for "cheap". You want these toys for those prices? Wait a couple years for when nobody cares about them anymore...then maybe you can get them around their original asking price. Till then, attend and pay out the ass to do so...or expect the set to cost you "scalper" prices.

16. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

I didn't know it combined until after my comment. Granted, the combination looks...wonky, but it is a much nicer try now that I see that. I just wish it had been retail and not just BotCon...still, nice to see the update. I'll stick with scouting force but this is a bit better now that it combines..interesting bio though.

17. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boom thank you!

Also it's hard to call it scalping when we all know in advance whether we can make it to the con or not. The same toys are being offered to all those that go. It's not like it's poor distro at Walmart and target and ppl can't find them.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    HA!

Safe to say that ebay is the devil this time of year. Glad I was able to find a reasonable Chrome Classics Optimus real quick (TRU exclusive) that was just in time to steer clear of all this!

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Did you guys not just see Lumpy's post? Thread's to discuss the exclusives, not justify or even discuss scalping.

20. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    TM3 Megatron and Reflector look gorgeous for their sculpting. Reflector isn't ideal, but it just looks awesome! Please, BBTS, hurry!