BotCon 2016 commercial starring David Kaye

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SwineTrekkie, Feb 2, 2016.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What if the whole plot is he arrives on Cybertron before the Darksyde leaves and plans a hostile takeover of the Council with his pre-Earth self. Either by will or by force, they merge sparks and that's how he gets his TM3 body.

The resulting impact of the battle on the timestream is what leads to the Maximals waking up on Cybertron at the beginning of Beast Machines with faded memories of what happened.

Then you can say Waspinator, Silverbolt, and Rhinox were impacted greater by the altered timeline because they hadn't been previously affected by the Transwarp wave like Megatron. And that's also what caused them to forget who they were.

It's also why Megatron retained his Transmetal form while the Maximals didn't. Having been the center of the paradox caused his body to become corrupted and unstable. The Megatron in Beast Machines views his beast mode not just as impure, but as a constant reminder of his failures in a past timeline.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is where we learn the Tarantulas of Beast Wars was just a clone minion of the REAL Tarantulas, who never left Cybertron!

3. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If that's the case, I hereby dub him "Tarantuless".

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Holy Crap YES!!!!!

I need this figure, I hope they make so many versions of this.

I'm glad FunPub did a smart thing for once and make this Megatron a reality.

Hearing David Kaye's voice here is great as always.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That actually would be an awesome story to explore. Not to mention that's an interesting idea on why he became so disgusted with being half organic to begin with and it makes perfect sense too given his hatred to failure.

6. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was planning on skipping Combiner Wars mold souvenir figures due to burnout from the line, but if this really ends up happening then I'm mostly likely going to grab him.

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course one VERY SIMPLE fix to any problem this presents with the timeline would be that the comic for BotCon 2016 isn't set in a SINGLE moment in time. It starts out with The Predacus as a 5 member combiner in some scene, pre-Beast Wars with the old vehicle BotCon Megatron as the character, the Council decides to send Tarantulas to infiltrate Megatron, Megatron goes back in time with his crew, the Council sends Ravage back to follow him, THEN Megatron returns to Cybertron, Cryotek helps him recover and steals his Transmetal 2 body, but Megatron then upgrades to his Transmetal 3 body, tries to take over Cybertron, and the Council now only has 3 members for it's combiner.

They could even work in 2 MORE combiner member to replace Ravage and Tarantulas... what's left? Rumble and Frenzy cars combiner souvenir pack perhaps?

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Do you guys think there's a chance Funpub had access to Mindwipe ahead of release? They had Onslaught before Bruticus hit retail, and they have Nosecone before Computron did.

What if one of the Deluxes is TR Mindwipe w/ PMOPs head painted as Bat Primal?

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    This is an interesting theory. It could even be that w/out Ravage and Tarantulas the council is helpless and that's how Megatron overpowers them.

So all of the figures aside from TM3 Megatron are pre-Earth, and then the comic happens and the "Centerpiece" Souvenir is the triumphant TM3 Megatron that appears at the end.

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    That. Was. Awesome. :D 

I was hoping this awesome figure concept would become something someday.

11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The club didn't release Bludgeon before Onslaught was released though, the club just did a digibash knowing they WOULD get access to it. Hasbro seems to be forcing them to make most of the club exclusives at the same time as the mainline are being manufactured.

"Poor legless Predacus.... yess..."

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Ahhh slag, this just seals the deal, but I can't make it to Botcon this year because of work.:( 

I'm praying a limited run of these Megatrons/exclusives will be available for non-attendees to purchase on the club store, but I won't get my hopes up...

13. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Where?!!

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I do hope this turns out well, because "it's about time."

15. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I noticed something... if this mold transforms into a hand, It can possibly grab a life size Rubber Duck

16. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    A lot of good theories on the plot, and is it just me or is it both funny and amazing how one reveal opens up all these possibilities? This is what you should have done every year Botcon, slow souvenir reveals that get people talking. :D 

So gave the possibilities for the comic some more thought, and came up with a new theory of sorts. Megatron escapes and, as a result of the transwarp jump the ship was in, arrives on Cybertron before the theft of the Golden Disk. The Tripredacus Council picks up on this and responds by sending their versions of the seekers (Lazorbeak, Fractyl and Terrorsaur) to engage Megatron, whom they don't recognize due to the transwarp energy powering him up and giving him a TM3 body. The Vok pick up on the anomaly created when Megatron arrived and sends Tigatron (and possibly Airazor) to fix the problem.

Megatron beats his attackers causing the Council to deal with the problem personally, forming Predacus to take on TM3 Megatron. Big battle, Megatron let's his name slip before apparently getting crushed by Predacus and the Council believes that this threat was a future Megatron, leading them to send Tarantulas to join present day Megatron's crew to keep an eye on him.

TM3 Megatron is still alive, laying low so he won't alter the timeline any more and attract the attention of the Vok. With his knowledge of the past/events of Beast Wars he waits until Ravage leaves the planet before beginning his siege on Cybertron.

Well there's always a chance some will go up, but it all depends how many they made and if they plan on holding some stock just for the club store.

17. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would totally buy this in a heartbeat, is it a remold of something

18. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Something that the OTFCC should had done about 11 years ago.

19. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Damn. David Kaye can just turn that shit on, can't he?

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, it has been 11 years since we last saw it.