BotCon 2016 commercial starring David Kaye

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SwineTrekkie, Feb 2, 2016.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    This is a joke, right?

Seriously, you can't be serious, can you?

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was grasping to justify the figures that are rumored. Bluestreak has a different head in the cartoon and MP. Most years they've been almost spot on. The custom figure is an 84-85 character AND is a CW mold, AND uses a head that hasn't been used in the US yet.

Bluestreak is the most logical out of the rumors, unless they count A3 as an 84-85 guy.

If you toss out the Bluestreak rumor, then I'd instantly say Ratchet from First Aid as the custom figure. Or one of the coneheads.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it could be ratchet from offroad, there is a ratchet head on the tooling that we have yet to get

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    A toon accurate Diaclone Bluestreak would set up well for a potential Takara Silverstreak from the Smokescreen/Prowl mold.

I heavily doubt Ratchet if only because it'd shelve that as part of Unite Warriors and I get the impression Takara has plans for him that involve either Sky Reign or Battle Core.

Plus, G1 Ratchet wouldn't be the most thrilling custom paint job.

5. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Yes, Ratchet is far more reasonable than Bluestreak.... We actually know that not-yet-used-in-the-US head exists.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    We do? Is there an image I missed somewhere?

7. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
  8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If it's just straight G1 Ratchet, that's gonna be a really boring class.
    [​IMG]

Unless they do this:
    [​IMG]

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
  10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    awh man, legends perceptor with computron. i'd enjoy the hell out of that. or peacemaker from the TF vs GI JOE...

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not necessarily. The figure could be white with some red plastic but it's up to the customizer to do all of the extra bits that are added to modern toys. If you want a Marvel Ratchet, then yeah, it would be boring. (Though I'd want that)

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Are you going to get people to spend $150 (or whatever it is) and 8 hours painting red spots on a white figure?

All for a figure that odds are very good Takara will be selling in a Unite Warriors set? Can you imagine if people went to Botcon's class and put together Ratchet...then Takara said "LOL Unite Warriors Sky Reign w/ Ratchet for the same price!"

Has the custom class ever been a standard fair run of the mill US character? From my recollection it's always been some bizarre reference or rare alternate color scheme.

So yeah, let's say it's Ratchet. It isn't going to be G1 white Ratchet. So what alternate color schemes would he have?

Meanwhile, Blue Bluestreak would be both a rare/obscure reference but use a mold/head that'd likely come out at retail with it's normal look.

Attached Files:

13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    The vast bulk of class time is taken up in assembly (which is no picnic, speaking from experience). Painting is very much off to the side. Personally, my painting skills are LOUSY, so I'd actually prefer something that needs as little as possible. YMMV, of course.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    and i really really doubt they will do a new head for bluestreak, its just not the standard anymore. prowl, bluestreak, and smokescreen on standard share the same head

15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    But Takara have been doing mostly G1 focused teams for Unite Warriors. So if Bluestreak had a different toon head they may go ahead and mimic it.

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    If Smokescreen uses the same head as Prowl, there is no reason to expect Bluestreak to have a different head than Prowl. Since Prowl's and Bluestreak's are more similar due to the chin strap on Smokescreen's.

Also it seems almost all variations of the various CW tooling have 2 head options. We know what the 2 versions of the Dead End / Streetwise mold's have - Dead End, Wildrider, Streetwise, and Prowl. There isn't another head (discounting the Victorion component as that was added later).

Randy

17. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Quick question - isn't there supposed to be another guest? I thought Pete mentioned that there was one non-BW guest.

18. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Victorion's componants all have other newly tooled parts which probably come with those heads; same with Trailbreaker.
    But yeah; 2 sets of heads for each shell on that mold. With First Aid we know there's an alt head that hasn't been used.
    To be fair I guess going under the assumption that each mold and each reshell contains two heads, Rook might actually have an unused head as well unless the FunPub Impactor head is actually the alternate.
    If they do Sky Reign it'll likely have the same line up as Hasbro's. They made Blastoff and Groove to keep up the original line up of long established teams, but Grand Optimus Prime's entire line up has Hasbro equivilents.
    Grand Galvatron did include four new limbs but Hasbro never did their Cyclonus as a team leader.
    Both Hasbro and Takara could end up doing Ratchet since the head is there, but thus far that head's never been seen at retail.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Known Pairs:
    Firefly -> Quickslinger/Blast-Off
    Alpha Bravo/Vortex -> Blades
    Skydive -> Starscream (Takara)
    Air Raid -> Thrust (Takara)
    Breakdown -> Sunstreaker
    Drag Strip -> Mirage
    Offroad -> Ironhide
    Dead End -> Break-Neck
    Streetwise -> Prowl/Smokescreen
    Swindle -> Hound

Potential Pairs:
    First-Aid -> Ratchet?
    Wheeljack -> Lightspeed?
    Groove (Takara) -> Afterburner?
    Brawl -> Killbison?
    Stormclash? -> Skyburst?
    Nosecone? -> Drillhorn?

Unknown Pairs:
    Rook -> ???
    Trailbreaker -> ???
    Guyhawk -> ???
    Hellbat -> ???
    Jumpstream -> ???
    Dustup -> ???

20. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Yeah there's suppose to be one more guest and it isn't anyone related to Beast Wars from what they've mentioned.

And as for the Bluestreak thing that seems to be the topic at hand I really have no idea why it's still even being debated. The class figure has a new head, that detail alone should debunk Bluestreak by now. And even if they did a new head that's slightly different what's the point of it? The Prowl/Smokescreen head is already perfect for Bluestreak, it'd just be a waste.

I still have my money on Warpath from Brawl, or even Beachcomber from Swindle. But I will be shocked if Bluestreak actually does turn out to be the custom class figure.