BotCon 2016 2nd exclusive revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    So, we have 3 more to go. Terrorsaur as a jet is a given.

Think we get Blackarachnia as a Takara Groove retool?
    And Inferno as torso?

2. GrimlockPrimal

GrimlockPrimal Mini-Dino

Oh hey, a TM homage. I wonder what TFW has to sa-oh, right. Forgot that we cry RUINED FOREVER at everything.

Honestly, using Rook makes me think of Animated's Tarantulas, who was in fact a bruiser.

3. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    2 tricedapus agents so far.

3 more to go

4. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I know she's from Beast Machines and had a Botcon toy, but Strika would work way better as the Rook mold.

5. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with the sentiment that Tarantulas looks a bit odd with such a big, cumbersome alt mode when he's supposed to be sleek.

I also completely understand the limited availability of molds to use...but dang, although we've seen each combiner wars mode several times already, did we really need to see rooks mold twice in the same set?

Eh, to each their own, I guess. For those that are digging it, enjoy!

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Terrorsaur as a jet would be a great souvenir figure but the remaining three box set toys are likely going to Sea Clamp, Cicadacon and Ramhorn, the original components of BW Tripredacus.

Wonder if that was intentional on the Club's part? I mean they do love their double homages.

7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i like it. considering tarantula spiders are big compared to most other spiders. i like the colors, and i imagine that onyx primal will be an aerialbot retool, magmatron from sky lynx, flamewar from deluxe groove or dragstrip. they said tripredacus council, but i think the actual generals are out of luck here......

8. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think Tarantulas would work better as Alpha Bravo.

I know, he never flew, but it'd be better than THIS.

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this one, though I don't have any strong connection to the tripredacus council, I feel like I'll just pick up some random figures to add to my 2006 set. I'm hoping for a terrorsaur, scorponok, quickstrike, silverbolt, inferno and Tigerhawk.

10. Blitzsword

Blitzsword Autobot

I wonder if the head would fit the original Transmetal Tarantulas. Would definitely love to pick this one up if it were possible...

11. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

This is my thought as well it's too soon and too unfittting. The Junkion mold worked well for Tarantulus on multiple levels and the deco they gave it was solid as well. This doesn't fit in any possible way. I could see Rook as Scoronok or even Megatron (as Rook's mold does remind me of Cybertron Defense Red Alert) but this is too slapdashed. With Ravage it at least evoke's the Alternator. I understand they're probably going for Tripredicus agents but this just doesn't work. They'd be better off bringing in some G1 Decepticon as a previously unseen agent who works in a similar manner to Ravage or just make a new character altogether (I miss when Botcon figures were like that). With Impactor I actually felt that mold worked perfectly.
    I sor of hope that these reveals are happening so early so that they get feedback and can reconsider. I like Ravage but I don't like this.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What if they're not using Rook for Scorponok or Megatron because Hasbro wouldn't let them?

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Pretty cool. I love me some Beast Wars.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, Tarantulas has gotta lay off the bugs.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pretty odd IMO, especially given there was just a Tarantulas released by them. This is obviously the limitations / result of working closer to Hasbro and using the most recent retail molds.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Limitations and them wanting to keep a Tripredacus theme. Meh... I like it. Cool toys.

17. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    It's also probably the only major homage planned for BW, which sucks. I get that G1 overrides BW in terms of importance for Hasbro's teams, but I feel shafted.

18. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This head and deco is what should have been for sub service. Not really digging this.

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It isn't even November of 2015 yet. Maybe people shouldn't panic until Botcon 2016 at the earliest.

----------

My guess for the rest of the reveals (which go off the list of Tripredacus agents)

Number 3: An Aerialbot into Onyx Primal (Skydive?). He was the exclusive for Botcon 1996.

Number 4: Sky Lynx into Magmatron's combined beast mode. They are only saying five new heads. Sky Lynx's dinosaur mode uses the shuttle, so no new head would be needed there. Which means they could give each limb *and* the combiner a new head.

Final Reveal: Deluxe Groove into Flamewar. This year they were able to use Silas Breakdown for Megatron. I'm guessing the same opportunity will present itself with Takara's Groove, and potentially Blast-Off down the road. This might also explain why they chose Rook for Tarantulas, as they didn't want two of the same mold, even if it was one few in the US would have.

Predacus: I'm picturing something similar to Magmatron's robot chest. Lots of red and grey/blue to mesh with the potentially four darker colored limbs.

I think Sky Lynx is a lock as we still haven't caught word as to how that mold is going to be reused. But now we're two limbs in and still no council members, which leaves me wondering if they'd either decide to scrap the lesser used mold for any of the three we've got plenty of already...or if they ditched the council entirely and are going to present Predacus as the ultimate Agent of the council.

20. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ram Horn from Alpha Bravo
    Cicadaon from Cyclonus
    Sea Clamp from Offroad

Wouldn't surprise me if we see Botcon Arcee out of Generations Blackarachnia and Waspinator redone with the Botcon Thundercracker/Skywarp remold of Movie Dirge.