Botcon 2015 Transformers Collector's Club Roundtable

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacer, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe this is a sign. Hasbro's going to do Thundercracker very soon?

Armada Skywarp didn't matter that much anyways. Thundercracker only matters because it's his colour scheme is when Armada Starscream was at his finest.

How is Universe Ramjet crap? :confused: 

2. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    shut up and take my money.

-

3. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I signed up today and then at some point there will be a sign up for subscription service for $300 up front or charged each time a figure comes out?

Really looking forward to that garish combiner. Then again I'm a huge fan of Circuit.

4. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you sign up today, you'll qualify for next year's Freebie figure, which I believe is the Ramjet.

At some point you'll get a hype email telling you that the subscription service will go live soon, then a month later you'll get another saying it'll be live the following Tuesday, then it'll be live 5 minutes later (Just a joke, but pretty close to the truth).

Once the Subscription service is up, you can pay for it in one lump sum, or break it up into 3 payments. If you go with instalments then the first will be due at the time of signing up and next two payments will be due when they start sending out the 2nd and 4th figures.

5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Thanks dude. I'm in Canada so I hope the shipping isn't absurd. Can always sell the figures I don't want. I bought thrustinator solo from bbts last year, clearly it will be a better deal to straight up subscribe if I want five of the figures. Appreciate the info.

The only question I have: why not air raid as windsweeper? Much closer visual resemblance. And I could do without another of the firefly mold.

Kind of weird that with how much Hasbro is overusing firefly and bravo, they are not officially reusing air raid yet, and only tfcc is reusing sky dive (so far).

Anyway not buying all cw anyway so spinister will be my only chopper besides bravo. Whoop!!

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Has anyone realised that the TFSS Mayhem Attack Squad doesn't actually homage an existing line-up from the Marvel comics? Ruckus and Windsweeper never had Bludgeon as their leader - it was Thunderwing from Matrix Quest who had these four Decepticons under his command.

Would anyone agree that it would have been better if Bludgeon had been replaced by Thunderwing, remolded from the Silverbolt or Cyclonus mold. I'm surprised that FP can use the Onslaught mold the same year that its first being released by Hasbro.

7. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks nice but after some of the bs at Botcon I'm contemplating boycotting again.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I was actually expecting Thunderwing when the set was announced, I know he's never been officially part of Mayhem but he would fit in.

9. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I like:
    Ruckus
    Skywarp (which I thought Hasbro would do that as a given but whatever)
    Needlenose

I want to like:
    Windsweeper
    Spinister

But the straight repaint eh. For some reason Fire Fly works as Needlenose it just does Im most certain going for Ruckus and Skywarp and maybe Needlenose. These are sold separate?

10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    This is the coolest panel/news to come out of Botcon!! I dig all of it!! Especially the GIJOe crossover Old snake with 2 bats, Marissa Fairborn w Afterburner (sorta) and the Rodimus n Arcee from when the became
    human synthiods in season 3. I have Serpent OR on pre order so I'm definitely down for all the provide.

Then the Mayhem Squad looks so f***ing awesome!! I love Spinister Needle nose and Bludgeon (bludgeon is his first days of IDW colors when his mask was all wires at the bottom! I'm SO IN on all the club is offering even the freebie will go with my Takara armda Megatron and Starscream. I'm pumped!

Like I said above I believe he was these colors in the beginning of IDW story's. He looks bad ass I hope they get the head right.

11. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I hope you're right; that's a pretty great idea really! Say for a moment that this mold wasn't a combiner torso for a moment, the only option for getting both heads would be if the samurai skull fitted over the other head, which would make the former bigger anyway. That's likely going to be the case with the size of the combiner head, but it's much more of an elegant solution than having a removable pretender head that could scrape the one underneath.

12. adambman

While I know that Ruckus just missed out on becoming a Stunticon, resulting in Offroad, it seems like the alt mode evolved just far enough through the concept art that now, CW Swindle's vehicle form seems much closer to that of the Triggercon. :D  Maybe it's just the roll cage, but if FP Frankensteined together Offroad's head and shins onto Swindle, that would really nail Ruckus. However I don't yet own Offroad, Rook, nor Swindle obviously, so the shins might not be interchangeable.

So while the above suggestion would be going above and beyond the call, going into Artfire levels of parts swapping to make Ruckus, which would additionally leave the Offroad/First Aid mold all to Crankcase - if he's the sixth figure - I really don't mind either way. Maybe a Radicon would do my idea justice, but I haven't come so far into following the Classics line to be sour when my ideas don't get picked up. :D 

Speaking of ideas though, this Mayhem Attack Squad concept's got me imagining again how Leader Jetfire and Swindle's partner Flanker might pair up as Thunderwing. Oh well, maybe someday, Subscription Service. After all, they gave us something as big as Ultra Mammoth. I wouldn't even mind if they averaged it out by making little Thunderwing the following month's figure, haha. I suppose that then, fans would start wondering when Black Shadow would get the same treatment. :D 

13. RNSrobot

A big Thunderwing would be cool. My chug version can still backhand off-road tho. ^^ i'm happier with the onslaught mold, though. It looks cool but I don't want any of the other three uses. I'm gonna pay more for the Mayhems but bludgeon will be my only version of that torso. Curious what the yet to be announced sixth figure will be. The bonus is probably just a repaint of one of the repaints, eh? Eject/rewind... Would love to see them keep the trigger and target subgroup theme going, or the Furman marvel g1 run.
    Groove as override? Dogfight or backstreet could both easily be done. Doubt Thunderwing.

Nice the sub has a theme this year. Last year was all over the place, who the hell did it appeal to? Year before was random too but at least tied into the idw comics with some of it...
    I'm waaaaaay overpaying for these repaints but I'm more excited for them than everything other than Ultra Magnus and Sky Lynx.

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Club can do a Voyager Thunderwing out of Silverbolt at some future time. Best of all timelines!

15. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

I need that Mayhem Squad wonder how much it's all gonna cost though.

16. adambman

Yeah, the Leader Thunderwing idea's really daydreaming, and it's probably more of an IDW conceit anyway. :D  Still, I like that - particularly if we get Crankcase next year - with Krok and now Spinister, that's half of the Scavengers. Despite some niggling aspects of the Voyager Blitzwing mold, fans of that team and beyond would still like it reused as Flywheels, not least now that there's a Battletrap from Generations Springer. That just leaves Misfire, and then Fulcrum, who hasn't had a toy yet. Maybe he'll get a Legends humanoid minion figure down the line. I'm glad FP had another pass at Spinister, presumably upon realizing that Alpha Bravo's transformation scheme would put his colours in the right place for each mode.

As for doing the Triggerbots, that's a great idea for Override. There are several possible jet molds for Dogfight, all being equally close and far from capturing his design. Those weapons pods attached to his shoulders and/or head are a bit of a niche, as would be forward swept wings, but I guess the Air Raid mold would suit him, since the other two Deluxe Aerialbot jet molds are seeing a few reuses now. The best mold for Backstreet would be Wheeljack, if we're sticking to CW molds; while it's no LeMans racer, at least the windshield is quite curved.

17. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Canada will be more expensive. Don't know how much. Maybe one of our Canadian members can tell you. But yeah, if you are interested in at least half of the figures it probably is worth subscribing. I ended up grabbing three in the aftermarket and it cost me way more then if I had done the subscription and sold off the extras.

Was this in Chicago drama?

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy for those who like this. I think the Joe crossovers are very strong.
    TFSS 4 looks like a better line up than 3, but it's not doing much for me personally. I feel they picked the CW molds that allow for the least possible variation (the Alpha Bravo mold really looks exactly the same in whichever deco it gets painted up, and even in the mass release line it already has three versions).
    Bludgeon also looks cluttered and not really like Bludgeon (inner or outer robot)..but I'm sure the combiner torso will have the skull face, so that's nice. :eek: 

It's probably mostly a personal taste thing, and the fact Hasbro themselves are already repainting the shit out of these molds. :) 

19. RNSrobot

I hadn't even considered the scavengers. Here's hoping krok goes on clearance or something. I got circuit pretty damn cheap. ^^

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pretty impressed with the reveals by the TCC. Subscription service looks a lot stronger than 3.0, especially considering it's using the Combiner Wars figures.

Human Rodimus and Arcee ... bought on site. That's a great idea.