Botcon 2015 reveals speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronic, May 11, 2015.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hi All,

I searched through a few pages of threads and couldn't see anything similar (apologies if I missed it).

I wanted to see what we think will be revealed at Botcon that hasn't already been leaked (Leader Starscream) or found via retail lists (Scattorshot, Shockwave).

Now there's two sides to this. What we think would be revealed and what we want to be revealed. If we're very lucky the two sides will be one and the same.

For example as toys and comics are very much intertwined I would look at what prominent characters are yet to have a new figure either in CW or Generations.

That leaves us with some very obvious choices from the below.

From what used to be RID comics (now Transformers):

Galvatron
    Soundwave
    Soundwave's minions
    Nautica

For what is MTMTE comics:

Rodimus
    Chromedome
    Rung
    Riptide
    Getaway
    Thunderclash

There are others who have been announced/leaked etc and some who are very outside candidates such as the DJD, Pharma, Dinobots and Overlord.

Anything to add?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost everything announced officially at Toyfair was already leaked from computer listings so I'm not expecting much different for Botcon. I'm more excited to see images.

What I would want to be revealed? More Deluxes/Voyagers that don't combine, but I don't think that's happening until at least a year from now

3. wtrz

wtrz chronically online

News Credits:
    Kind of doubtful on that Nautica, but 100% support for it. (And she should be listed under MTMTE, ;)  )

Let's see... I'd love a new Bluestreak and Smokescreen, from Prowl.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    We'll see the last waves of Combiner Wars for the year (already leaked via computers), and probably some previews for next spring (just names, but again, likely confirmation of things we've already learned via computer listings)

For RiD, I expect the remainder of the year, and what the deal is with "Clash of the Transformers". Probably a preview of season 2

And if there is a god, then we'll at least hear about some things for the 20th Anniversary of Beast Wars.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Didn't Hasbro said we'll be seeing more CW figures in the next two years? Because if so then that means we may not see normal Genrations figures in a while.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    The quote was that Combiner Wars was slated for about 2 years, so yeah, next year we probably won't see anything in deluxe/Voyager.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they said it's supposed to include next year as well? Which makes sense since there can't be a movie line until 2017 so they have to do something during 2016.

I'm hoping for beast themed combiner wars so we can get Abominus, Piranacon, Predaking, etc

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's what I figured. That probably means we won't be seeing a Generations Beast Wars themed line for next year for BW 20th anniversary after all. :(  Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll see some updated BW characters like Blackarachnia.

That said having beast themed combiners would fit in well with a Beast themed Generations line from G1,to the Beast era etc so there could be a loophole somewhat.

9. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Figures under the Combiner Wars label don't necessarily have to be combiners, case in point: Leader Magnus and the Megatrons.

I'm sure Hasbro will also put out a few normal styled Generations figures for those of us who don't like combining.

10. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Car-bots wave (Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl, Sunstreaker, White Prime) since we have been seeing more and more of that image of them combined. Leader Starscream, Legends Rodimus & Skywarp since photos of those have already gotten leaked. Hopefully the Combaticons will be confirmed to be coming this year, maybe with images of them. Probably a blurry image or silhouette of something coming next year but most of next years line will start being revealed at SDCC.

+-MWG-+

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Good point. Also the FOC line did have the Combaticons sold along with the non combining characters so in that regard there's still a chance for us to get BW figures for next year's 20th anniversary for them. I'd also like to see some more IDW styled figures like Rodimus.

As for what we may see in Botcon this year I'm betting we'll see the Optimus Maximus wave along with more RID15 Warrior class reveals as well as sneak peeks at the Combaticons and Tehcnobots wave for CW.

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the Combaticons will be next and then we will see promo pictures of the Fan Built Combiner.

13. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Bruticus would likely be the next big announcement, followed by Computron if leaks are to be believed.

As far as combiners go, where do you go after those two?

Apart from crazy new ideas aka Galvatronus there is only beast combiners to aim for.

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The next Leader-class figure: Overlord. Maybe only in silhouette.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    If I were a betting man....I'm thinking the vast majority of what we see will be Combiner Wars themed (and of course the Robot Heroes and RID lines will get some love)

Absolute lock 100% sure:

Optimus Maximus w/ Masquerade Autobots (Prowl, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Ironhide)

Bruticus

Computron

Leader Class Starscream

Titan Devastator

Highly likely 90% sure

Victorion (Unless they are saving this reveal for SDCC)

SDCC Devastator

a 2nd SDCC exclusive

G2 Superion giftset and it's retailer

TRU Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

TRU Masterpiece Bumblebee

TRU Masterpiece Starscream

A bit out there but makes sense if we get enough reveals...let's go with 50%

Combiner Wars Predaking (I think it's more likely than Abominus or Piranacon)

Combiner Wars Dinobots (Especially if we're going to see them in TF5, and to take some of the wind from 3rd party ones...they do seem to hit at least a couple pieces 3rd party has in progress with every year's Botcon reveals)

G2 Menasor giftset (If we don't see it I fully expect it to be the Botcon 2016 set)

G2 Bruticus giftset

Leader Class Optimus Prime (we KNOW they don't want to go without having Optimus Prime on store shelves...)

Pie in the sky...Odds less than 15%

Beast Wars 20th anniversary combiner. Retool of the Predaking (that I have no real basis for)...New Optimus Primal torso with the rest being Rhinox, Airrazor, Tigertron and Dinobot. Combined mode Optimal Optimus

Older combiners in giftsets for holiday season exclusives...recolors of Rail Racer, Build King, Magnaboss

16. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    We'll probably see the fall waves - Deluxe Car Autobots, Combaticons, and voyagers like Optimus Maximus and Onslaught.

Probably also reveal of one or more Platinum sets, like G2 Superion.

17. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    we'll prolly see the TFCC for 2016, which is usually lackluster. The GI Joe FSS is always awesome but there's never a figure I want from the Transformers subscription.

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Generations CW
    Optimus Maximus and Buddies (Prowl,Ironhide,Mirage, & Sunstreaker)
    Combaticons/Bruticus
    Technobots/Computron
    Predacons/Predaking
    Terrorcons/Abominus
    Dinobots/Grimstone ;) 
    20th Anniversary Beast Wars Figures
    Leader Star Saber

RID'15
    Warrior versions of Underbite,Bisk,Flech,& ect.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Remember a lot of the mainlines like the FOC Geenrations line was mid to late 2012 and Thrilling 30's started in mid 2013. 20th Beast Wars could happen in the middle of next year.

20. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    LOL. They will save the Fan Built Combiner reveal for SDCC - just like they did with Windblade.