Botcon 2014 Theme Revealed - Pirates vs Knights

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Please let there be a smelly pirate hooker! Make it happen!

2. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The one thing I do wonder about though, is the box set. We know the theme is Pirates vs. Knights, but how will it be split up? Will all the Pirates be in Pirate Ship looking box set? Will the Knights be in a Castle looking box set? Or will it be your typical box set with half and half in it?

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find all this hard to believe happened.

4. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just had a interesting idea, what if the Club did the Star Seekers out of FoC Bruticus molds. Cannonball, Buzzsaw and Brushguard could easily come from Onslaught, Vortex, and Swindle respectively. Then, it might be a stretch, but Sandstorm and Skywarp could be made out of Brawl and Blast off. I don't think they all would be in the box set, but a couple could be in souvenir sets. Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea since those are some of the weaker resent molds (IMO) but its just a thought

5. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

Then you would be wrong and id do some research before you make an ass of yourself. Because that shit happend to a lot of people.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin-bot....!

7. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    *will wait for names and images before deciding if cool or not*

8. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I really hope it's one faction to the box set... I hate split-sets. That's why I like 06's set (All S1 Maximals, even though Dinobot was a Pred at the time) and 11's set (even though I don't like Animated, you still got all 5 Stunticons to the set) because the non-attending folks can actually have all of a single faction/group, and not have to track down whatever souvenirs they want on eBay or other sites. Even though I'm attending, I still like a non-split box set.

And I think they'd be better off putting all the pirates in the box set, than knights. Especially with Black Sails on Starz. (Watched the first episode and LOVE it). So they can build off of that popularity.

And I see a lot of people wanting Dai Atlas from Generations Blitzwing... No thanks. That mold sucks, and we're already getting a half-ass Doubledealer from Hasbro with it. I'd rather it be a straight-up jetformer. Don't care who, just not Blitzwing.

9. Matthew22 37

Matthew22 37 Cyberverse Predacons

I think those are some pretty swell ideas ciberw0lf, but I think the fandom is dead set on a Cannonball from Breakdown, BH Bulkhead, or 30's Trailbreaker. Well, no one may be pulling for Trailbreaker, but oh well, he made it into my digi-Botcon set as Cannonball...

I am digging this idea for some reason, although I have no inkling on who would be in the "knights" portion. Dragons go good with knights, and BH Ripclaw is a dragon, and has an armor-like feel to it. It could even be used as Brimstone for the pirate side.

10. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knights, I wonder if these are the Knights of Cybertron?

I do like how the autobot faction symbol has been used. Does this mean they are all "autobots". I'm interested that's for sure but sadly, Botcon and exclusives are now totally out of my reach.

11. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Well they said it would be good characters from good molds. And those aren't good molds. I know they used Swindle for Ironfist for TFSS2.0, but I think that was more or less because they were forced into doing so, due to not having any other choices because Hasbro likes to steal thunder. Using the FOC Combaticons for an entire set would be a colossal fail, and I think they know that.... I hope.

I got my credit card info stolen during that debacle. But I certainly did not have my credit ruined, my bank account wiped clean, nor did I get evicted from my home or have my car towed, or whatever else people "say" happened to them... I called my credit card company as soon as the bill came in and saw a $5,000 charge to a company in the UK, told them it wasn't me, and my card had been compromised. They fixed it, I didn't pay anything that I didn't charge to the card and that was the end of the whole ordeal... I swear, people will make a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Sarcasm homie.

13. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Sounds cool, although it's an obscure direction for the 30th Anniversary Botcon to go. I'm familiar with Cannonball's pirates, but who would the knights be? The only Autobots that looked vaguely like knights were the Hearts of Steel Autobots.

And I'm still hoping that my digibash dream comes true: Brushguard from Beast Hunters Bulkhead.

14. MaverickPrime

MaverickPrime Mechanical Engineer-to be

News Credits:
    Sure, it doesn't sound related to the 30th anniversary, but that's not the end of the world and the idea sounds fun, I think people are jumping to conclusions way too early, if when we see the toys they suck, fine, break all hell loose, but they might give us cool toys and that's all I'm hoping for.
    I have no idea who could be the pirates, but as for who could be the knights...there's many moulds with melee weapons that could fit: TFA Sentinel, FOC Grimlock, HFTD Terradive(unlikely, due to last year's Depthcharge and Starscream), many BH toys, Straxus/Darkmount and the list goes on and on, maybe even DOTM Air Raid, who had a shield and even a flail! Also, Track's head looks like a knight's helmet and this would be the perfect chance to get BW Silverbolt out of the BH Grimwing/Darksteel mould, he is practically a knight already!

15. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

God dammit we need a sarcasm font.

16. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wicked

17. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you make them White Knights I will buy multiple sets.

But seriously, i'm sure there will be at least one cool looking Classics mold in there. If it's Prime-only molds i'll be pretty disappointed.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just when you think these set's could not get any more ridicules... Maybe next year they should go for a clown theme :rolleyes2 

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    PIRATES vs. KNIGHTS is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

It's supposed to be PIRATES vs. NINJAS

or...

KNIGHTS vs. BARBARIANS

oh well, can't win'em all. lol

20. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

I am a bit concerned that it'll be the Knights of Cybertron vs the Star Seekers, because the Knights are a big deal in the IDW comics. That's the entire reason for the quest of Rodimus and the crew of the Lost Light in More Than Meets the Eye. It'll be a bit weird for the progenitors of Cybertron's Golden Age to just fight some random pirate crew, but I would be fine with it if they got input from Roberts. Of course, that's presuming it'll be the Knights of Cybertron and not some other group of unknown knights.

I will say that my optimism for the set in general is stemming from how awesome that Autobot symbol variation is. This is up there with the Wreckers' symbol for great Autobot insignia redesigns.