Botcon 2014 IDW Transformers Comics Panel Writeup

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    That's kind of incorrect, as it is a wholly separate mini from the first one.

2. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed that Windblade is only getting another miniseries and not the third ongoing like we hoped. She deserves better. At least it's the same creative team, I'm positive it'll be great, my only complaint is that I want more.

I really hope that Empire of Stone isn't an actual SERIES, like the news post implies. I'm irritated that Roberts finally made Drift an interesting character and now McCarthy gets his hands on him again, and setting the story in the present day to boot. If it had just been another prequel, fine, whatever. The development Roberts has done could easily be undone. I'm sure the art will be good but I'm not really okay with this.

Sad that they can't do an anthology series or more spotlights. Pretty okay with Furman not doing anything else. Curious about the creative team for that motion comic, especially since I've yet to see one done right. Disappointed that there's still no news about the Punch miniseries, Nick Roche apparently wants to write it but there's stuff going on.
    Happy about the Transformers vs GI Joe stuff, Scioli's one of my favorite creators.
    Glad that Primacy should be over and done with soon, I've not liked a single bit of these old war stories. They haven't been done well.

I'm quite pleased, however, that we'll see Verity again, and more stuff with Grimlock and the DJD.

3. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It's Barber and Ramondelli, and I think they did an all right job.

4. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

Man. Barber has to be running himself ragged. I love the guy, I think he does a great job, but- editing MTMTE every month, writing Robots in Disguise, cowriting Transformers vs GI Joe, writing this digital comic, and generally overseeing the licensed comics for IDW? Man. I feel sorry for the guy, his workload is huge.

5. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Verity is returning? YESS!! Loved her in Last Stand of The Wreckers and Infiltration. Don't see why people hate her, she's done as much work as the other 'Bots. In fact, Infiltration happened because of the info that she had. It's for the best that she appears in RiD instead of MTMTE because how would she be back in space when last we saw her was on Earth?

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    He doesn't oversee all of IDW's licensed comics--only some of the Hasbro ones. (Transformers, G.I. Joe, and I think Dungeons and Dragons?)

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm kinda excited for Drift myself.

I mean Guido&Josh on the art team is always a nice combo. McCarthy gets a lot of flack for AHM but honestly AHM still have the single best relationship between Starscream and Megatron in IDW.

But seeing how MTMTE characters apprear in there as well I hope that Carthy is able to pull them off or at least co-writes it with Robertrs.

Honestly I really don't care about Windblade series. I don't like Scott as a writer.

Excited for Verity, even if it's RID.

8. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

- Not keen at all on McCarthy coming back. I'm one of the people who was enjoying Furman's run and McCarthy came along and pretty much ruined it. Besides, I really don't like his writing.

- That said, I don't mind if Furman isn't coming back. I just find it objectionable when he isn't and McCarthy is.

- More Windblade? I could go either way and need to see how the current series wraps before I decide if I'll continue there. Not sure if the same character warrants a second series when there are so many other characters. I wonder if Scott will do at least another four thousand interviews to accompany the second series and 'reflect' on it two issues in?

- Always happy with more written by Barber and Roberts.

9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Whenever a miniseries ends there's a new right there to take it's place next month. I hope we get Punishment on the iPad soon, cause I've got to read ALL the comics.

10. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Ok, at least we're going to get it.

11. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I have zero problems with Shane McCarthy. Liked AHM, liked his couple Spotlights, Drift centered stories were a little meh, but I don't mind him coming back. Can't really comment on the rest.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Yay! More Windblade! So far I am liking the character, story and far so far! If the level remains, it will be another hit! ;) 

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Verity's coming back? yay! I just hope she doesn't catch the stupid like everyone in RID has at the moment.

Another Windblade mini-series (sweet!) and Shane McCarthy's returning to write his own creation....I hope it'll be good.

14. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    The real-time MTMTE issue sounds pretty cool. I know it's sounding evocative of Murder on the Orient Express, but my I can't help but think of the Adventure Time episode 'Mystery Train', and the mysterious goings on are just an elaborate prank to throw Megatron a surprise birthday party :lol 
    Hooray for Season 2 giving us, like, everything we wanted to see, haha.

If Verity does show up in RID eventually, they should totally get Nick Roche as script/character consultant. He has said he'd like to work on something Transformers in a writing capacity...
    I hope this focus on Jazz involves him actually dealing with and coming to terms with killing that one guy so he can stop having random breakdowns about it. I want Jazz, not Emo (Get it, because music genres? Ho ho ho!).

Yay for finding out what Drift's been up to! With the Master of Continuity editing the Transformers books, I don't think we have to worry about McCarthy screwing Drift up or undoing what Roberts has done with him. Whether he's truly MTMTE-Drift or McCarthy's take on MTMTE-Drift, remains to be seen.
    I'm still interested though, the Drift Mini-Series was all right really. And Guido's on art, everyone loves Guido, don't they?

Cool to see Windblade getting another mini-series.

Curious to see what Punishment is like. Did they mention who it's written or drawn by?

I know Autocracy and Monstrosity had a lukewarm reception, but I'm still interested to see how Primacy turns out.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I actually excited for the Drift series. And if it gets twisted, I'm sure they'll just simply retcon. LOL

Windblade continuing is great, so far her book is far more interesting take on life on Cybertron, than RID season one.

And Verity....with the way they are handling humans in RID so far....my hopes aren't high.

16. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I loved the first Drift series so I can't wait for this one. :D 

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah, Drift! I've been missing him!

18. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Btw which Josh is going th colouring?

I mean Burcham is busy with like what 3 other series already, and Perez is doing RID....

19. themac339

themac339 Member

The return of the REAL Drift!! That's what's up!!

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You mean the poorly written Drift that kinda sucked? I prefer the "fake" Drift then.