BotCon 2014 Hasbro Brand Team Toy Panel Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 21, 2014.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We only knew about them from listings and other means. Things Hasbro can't control. We've never seen them before.

"Being fed crumbs." Just because you know you're going to eat a full meal, doesn't mean you're not being fed. Gimme a break.

2. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 COME TO THE SABBATH

I hope the Arielbots aren't based off video game designs created by designers who clearly did not give a single shit how their bloated marshmallow designs would work or transform at all...

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

my biggest fear with the combiners is that they will be small when combined, around voyager or smaller like the pcc s, mind you i liked the power cores. hoping for deluxe componate bots.

4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, previous Botcons seemed more interesting. I was hoping for more information on all-new designs. So far, we seem to have been shown a lot of movie recolours and Generations items that were listed a while back.

Maybe I just need a break from the Power Battlers and One-Step Changers that seem to be everywhere these days.

5. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Psyched about Superion just so I can get my hands on a G1 Silverbolt in Classics style

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Please enlighten us all as to why exactly that would be the case.

8. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

[​IMG]

so knowing the number of figures coming out and knowing the theme is combiners and assuming no limbs are shared, we can surmise four combiner teams.

we know one is superion so that's one voyager and 4 deluxes down
    at least one deluxe is a helicopter, so that's probably either part of defensor or bruticus. seeing as we got a bruticus just two years ago, im going to go with defensor especially since optimus could easily be retooled into him. that leaves two more teams and perhaps one new headmaster as the extra voyager (headmasters sort of combine right?)

or... if the stars align and our dreams come true perhaps there will be a devastator that combines from 4 deluxes and 2 voyagers
    personally, i'd also love to see an abominus

9. shellformer

shellformer @

Wait, do those numbers mean that there are four legends figures shown out of seven upcoming releases or that there are four shown and seven more to come?

10. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I doubt 16 deluxes will be all combiner parts.

I suspect that if Hasbro Generations releases continue to dovetail with IDW comics then likely combiners would be: Superion, Devastator (with Prowl) and Monstructor.

I can also totally see Brainstorm being subject to a Sandstorm level retool into Highbrow.

I would also be surprised is Metalhawk isn't a 2015 deluxe.

11. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Superion silhouette looks a lot like FOC Bruticus to me.
    From what I can tell, the limbs are connected the same way.
    Excited to hear we're getting more combiners! Hoping for Devy and Menasor.

Also, MP Sideswipe and Bluestreak getting a US release? F**k yeah!

12. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The skinny thighs are pretty laughable.

Also we will probably see it at SDCC, since you know more Transformers get revealed there.

So we don't have to wait to long for that.

13. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I really hope Nautica is one of those deluxes. Looking forward to Superion too.

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You do realize Bruticus was made at one of Hasbro's lowest budget points right?

It pains me to see comments like this. Hasbro can't help the economy. And considering the fact that they gave Bruticus scramble-city capabilities and managed to eliminate the need for parts-forming, they didn't do too bad a job. Now people have every right to not like Bruticus or think it's shit. But he's not shit because Hasbro was cutting corners (personally I don't think he's shit at all but that's besides the point.). He's "shit" because of Hasbro's budget. Hopefully Superion is an improvement upon their first attempt at a traditional gestalt since the 80's.

15. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

foc bruticus was hopefully a experiment at best for hasbro. they did what they could with the budget that they had that is the result that we got. was it perfect, no. was it a good effort, yes. the ruintation set felt better and the extra budget at that time for the added weapons worked. so i think, or hope, hasbro listened to the fans and all of our positives and negatives surrounding the combiners. are we going get fp menasor or hercules style/quality combiners out of hasbro, hell no! the budget and all of the numerous safety standards that hasbro has to follow won't allow it. but i think that superion will improve on all of the sinkholes that bruticus left for us. please don't make me wrong hasbro.... i really really really want this to work!

16. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    What are you implying?

That Hasbro's corporate budget shrank and the effects of that trickled all the way down to the part count(?) on this particular toy design?

While it's possible the word was given to designers to simplify designs across the board (and we know it has been in the more youth oriented ones), none of us has intimate knowledge of how Hasbro's "budgets" affect the design and production of specific characters.

Lets avoid passing off conjecture as fact, as correlation does not equal causation.

17. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

foc bruticus was $100-200 for most people and a complete abomination

18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    yeah bruticus was pretty bad, but the combined mode was the least of that set's problems for sure.

superion was always my favorite non-devastator combiner, mostly because a team of jets is an awesome idea. i've always wanted a scene where the aerialbots are on an aircraft carrier, about to go fight somethin and they combine into superion just as they run and jump off the ship.

19. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

Just curious if any pictures or release time period were shown of mp sideswipe or blue streak?

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I can imagine the craziness of these at TRU.