Botcon 2013 location speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by exclusacon, Jan 9, 2012.

?

BotCon 2013

1. Minneapolis

2.9%
  2. Los Angeles

8.2%
  3. Chicago

17.6%
  4. New York

12.7%
  5. Miami

5.7%
  6. Philly

11.4%
  7. St Louis

5.7%
  8. Area 51

8.2%
  9. Vegas

4.1%
  10. Seattle

5.7%
  11. Denver

4.9%
  12. Ohio

6.9%
  13. San Francisco

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    South Florida? Hell, ill take north Florida or Georgia. But SoFlorida would be amazing

2. Outsider31

Outsider31 Well-Known Member

Botcon 2013

I say Las vegas ...

3. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

How about...Jacksonville, Florida? Atlanta, Georgia? Doubt I could go if it were any further south than Orlando, FL...darn gas prices...

4. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LA all the way!

5. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd prefer somewhere in the middle-northern part of the country. It gets way too hot down here in the lower states lol

6. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

I'm on vacation in Hilton Head, South Carolina right now, the highs are generally in the mid-eighties. Also went to SavCon yesterday, wasn't too hot...so southern conventions would be ok, as long as they're somewhere near the coast...or places like Atlanta, which aren't too unbearable.

7. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I want St. Louis. Or Nashivlle, or Atlanta, or New Orleans. All relativelyish close

8. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

personally, I think Botcon needs a more centralized location, it's almost always near a coast or border. Those are not centralized locations at all.

9. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Then those of us with low budgets or cheapo parents can't go because it's out of the comfort zone. I live in GA, & couldn't even go this year, yet it was in Texas...that's close enough, is it not?

10. Blasterpill

Blasterpill Till all are 1 1 6

Area 51! It be best spot for robot invasion.

11. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

I'm gonna be completely random & say it should be held at...Hilton Head Island, South Carolina...that place is very nice.

12. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

I would say Chicago!! I might actually go to it if I can find someone to go with me and drive in there. I only like like 90 miles away from there so I don't have to find a room. Actually I would love it to be in Rockford, IL that way I won't care if i have a ride or not I know my town pretty good. Just might need to get a few little quick directions from my dad, if it is going to be in the metro center.

13. ZeroZero

ZeroZero Renegade Autobot

Chicago!!!

Center of the nation and certainly has the convention space to host. Plus, its my home town, so just a little biased!!

14. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some fact about why botcon was not held in Chicago last year was its too much to have the con there. Was told by 3 different fp staff members that no hotel near the convention center was willing to give the them a good rate, the lowest rate was 189.00 a night and taxes and fees would of had the total bill per night at 225. Then even time fp wanted to add something to the contract it was much higher then the paid for the same items at other centers that already held either joecon or botcon. Most center add a fee to have the carpet put down and add a fee to have the carpet roll back up. Unless you have worked for a convention center most people do not know how much it cost to rent one and what all has to be worked out

16. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

I honestly don't care where it's at, as I believe the decision and accommodations will be all good with the right planning. Everyone brings up good and justified reasons, so I'll take their word for it. But have they decided on a date yet? I'm hoping that it's during the summer or at least in June like in previous years. Not digging the April/May months...and I can't speak for everyone on it naturally, but April/May based on my schedule makes it impossible for me to attend regardless of location.

17. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    their is a large amount of people what want them to annouce the date at the end of that years botcon, but that has only happen 2 time since fp took over run the show

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, here's my thoughts on the dates, for what they're worth... with the subscription service figures not starting shipping until January, that means the last one will ship in June. I think it would be prudent of FunPub to hold off on Botcon until after that point. Maybe even wait until August to be sure everyone got their figure and all needed replacements are taken care of.

If they actually do this, then that means as of today, Botcon 2013 is still eleven months away. And if that's true, then I'm not sure we'll get an announcement at the end of December like we did last year.

And while I'm here, I want to suggest Hershey, PA as the site. There's a city I want to visit. C'mon, FunPub... chocolate factory tours? Edible Transformers? Mmm... chocolate... :p 

*loses control, runs off to raid pantry*

19. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Anyone else think New Orleans might be a good idea?

20. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That'd be perfect for me lol. Then again, anywhere in the continental US is fine by me as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.