Botcon 2012 Ultra Magnus Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusfan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. SenatorRatbat

SenatorRatbat Well-Known Member

Eyes look off but other than that great head.

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yes, that was 6 years ago.

4 years ago Classics Nemesis Prime was an SDCC Exclusive, though.

3. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Great.... Thank you. Now I have this sick twisted picture in my head about SG Magnus being their love child. great stuff.....

4. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I honestly appreciate and respect you for that sentiment. Too many people in this thread are just turbomad, I'm glad some people can at least remain polite and sensible.

5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    are you serious? that looks like a dodgy KO that i'd find for £2 at the local street market.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

YES! I was just about to post the same photo actually, ha! That was the first thing I thought when I saw the head up close, is that he seems very "Witch King of Angmar" to me. He looks like an invisible ghoul wearing a helmet, like so:

[​IMG]

He even has the sword to go with it!

Okay, sorry, I know folks are saying this is a dud, but a Transformers Ringwraith? I'm sold. A ghostly clear face with a painted helmet isn't something you see very often; if nothing else it is notable for its uniqueness.

He also is kind of a nice companion to fellow sword-wielding set member Gigatron; Gigatron has a skeletal body and traditional head, while this guy has a normal body and a freaky, demonic-looking head.

The majority may be disappointed, but I think this set has some really cool elements in it. This guy plus Metalhawk are both very unconventional, and Tracks and Treadshot are both just traditional, solidly good-looking toys. Soundwave is the only one I'm not quite feeling, but that has more to do with the source mold than anything else about it. And the Cold Slither logo mostly makes up for its other shortcomings.

Sue me, but I still like this set. Although I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty easy to please. I can find something I like in most any figure, and it takes a real train wreck to make me genuinely dislike one (see: Classics Cheetor).

I mean, come on.... Transformers Ringwraith!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    His head is Bayformer Ironhide's.

He's kinda cool to me. If i obviousily could afford i'd own it. Looks cool. :) 

8. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    looks like something made out of leftover parts from someone's fodder bin.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    While the color scheme is still bad, the uniqueness of the clear face is actually really appealing (and gives a reason for the overall clear plastic, which still kinda bugs me). Couple it with a good story explanation and I may dig this guy.

Still won't try and hunt him down like Treadshot, though.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hmm, looks like someone did rip Magnus' face off :p  No wonder he's pissed :lol 

Too bad he wasn't coloured closer to a dark purple, he could be TF's Skeletor, facing of against a He Man-esque Metalhawk with a human face :D 

11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    There's than explanation for that face - before crossing into the Classics universe, he visited the movie-verse and ran into Prime...

12. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    That could actually happen :lol  given the interdimensional travel story aspect this Botcon is supposed to have.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I actually dig the head. Though unfortunately it's still not enough to get me interested in the overall figure.

If that was the actual explanation in the fiction, I would have to buy this toy.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  15. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Notice a lot of people seem to be wanting Scourge/Nemesis Prime again as a Botcon exclusive, however, I'm guessing Hasbro knows that as an evil Prime character, they can sell more of it outside of Botcon. The previous Nemesis Primes may have been SDCC exclusives but they received wide release in Asia, so the amount is much more than the 2000 pcs qty or so that a Botcon figure usually gets.

16. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I've got two questions on the figure I hope Pete might answer.

1) in your own opinion would you say the shade of blue is showing correct, or looks lighter than the actualy product due to flash.

2) The art on the web site and the 6 figure shot we got last week show Magnus truck hood shoulder (Best I can describe it) as being red, but in the official pic it's blue. however I also notice the official pic is showing the opposite shoulder from the other two. Is he red AND blue? or one or the other?

Thanks.

17. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    I keep bouncing back and forth on him. I like the colorscheme, but something about the face is off-putting....

Ugh, if maketoys does an armor set for him, i'd be sold instantly on it :lol 

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Been thinking about that...and I think the current armor works fine.

19. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahh, I see now.

Might look into that if I'm keeping the set.

No, I mean 07, when they released the Alpha Trion repaint of Vector Prime. At the time we thought this was the Classic version of the character only to find that it was actually the SG one when the stories came out in the FunPub magazine.

And I know that the theme for 08 was Shattered Glass. I had the box set till I sold it.

But ever since then, they have snuck a SG figure in to every Botcon.
    In 09 it was Thunderclash in the custom class.
    In 10 it was Slicer, the attendee figure. Had a small purple Autobot symbol, and SG Ravage in the souvenir set with Turbomaster and Double Punch
    In 11 it was one set of souvenir figures of SG Galvatron and SG Thundercracker

This year they get to do a whole set and not have to hide the fact.

As for the head. It does look good, but the colour scheme of the figure is still a let down.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A breath of sanity! I don't get this whole "red and blue guys can't be evil" thing either.