Botcon 2012 Overlord / Gigatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Thenames9, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overlord?? This???
    This Botcon guys never cease to disapoint me...This mould could be anything.... but Overlord???

Ridiculous choice for such a legenday con. Instant lightspeed pass...

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yep! If ever there wasa reveal and EVERY fan got on board with it, and we were all happy and the Valkysas and Transbots and G.I. Eddies of the world all had nothing to complain about and it was all one big happy thank you to the creators........ Well then I'd have to complain about your all raping the Fandom! Transformers is about Whining about what we get! Its always Ruined with every new incarnation! You can't just say you dislike something! NO! you have to photoshop it's head onto Poo!!!!

3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ In all honesty... despite the fact that yes, Silverbolt is a bot attached to a plane with no real transformation scheme... this shows that it'd have been a better choice for Overlord.

...such a silly reason... and yet... I wouldn't be surprised if promo art features them fighting.

XD

If the jet back and tank gun could be reversed.. that would work better yes. However, as was said before, SG Megatron already used this mold...

SG Bludgeon's a cowboy... the apparent Samurai motif of the ROTF figure just won't work no matter how you repaint it.

Well... when he's on Earth, he changes form to that of the Universe Ironhide/Ratchet mold. In fact, I'd not be the least bit surprised if there aren't repaints/headswaps featuring this already in Radicons.

Nope. Small size and puzzle forming make me dislike this mold as well... which is why I ordered one of the pricey iGear Ironhide figures.

Well... The two of three figures we know thus far aren't exactly molds that are universally loved by folks last I recall... and some folks don't care much for Shattered Glass to top that... Two figures are obscure characters... Lastly, you've got the big bad mofo from LSOTW... whose probably the most noteworthy of all bots barring Magnus. As a result, the set was "make or break" for a number of folks due to Overlord.

Again I'll say it... I'm sure many folks do not consider ROTF Bludgeon as acceptable for a CHUG collection. Mech Alive tech bits and claw feet after all...

That said... Kinda wish there was a way to just get that figure's head... TBH it's a nice sculpted head... just on a rather odd body.

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, so much angst over the tank/jet guy.

I always thought Battletrap was the better Ducon, anyway.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

You just made my night :D 

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^But it's Overlord, dude! and I just hope you're kidding about the Battletrap quote....:confused2 :

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    It occurs to me that perhaps there will be an "Overlord" Next year that is Silverbolt (or some jet. Thunderwing would work too). They're consistently calling this dude Gigatron. Perhaps that'll be their way of giving us a Mega and a Giga (sans humans anyway)?

Anyone wanna try coming up with a combined mode for Bludgeon and Silverbolt? :)  I'd do it myself, but I'm not in New York and brought exactly zero toys with me.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Really? I'm more of a flywheels guy.

9. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

10. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANK... you :) 

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Half ofOverlord, you've got the gigatank, why not hope there's a megajet to go with it?

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This has got to be the most negative overall response I have seen to a Botcon set since I started going in 2009. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, combined with the atrocious timing of the registration.

13. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that Cybertron Megatron/Galvatron would have made a better Overlord. Sure his vehicle mode may not be perfect, but the overall robot form suits him. Either that, or I would have made a pair of figures; one representing Giga and the other Mega. That way we could still have Bludgeontron, and then those that wanted Silverbolt could be appeased; that and it would have been nice to have another NEW female Transformer in the Classicverse.

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is just too precious.

This should have been ended, wrapped up, won as soon as that one guy posted about unrealistic expectations (sorry for lack of quote or attribution, I'm on my phone on a plane right now). The coup de grace was the comparison with Clench.

Myself I had already resigned myself to Overlord Silverbolt. Problem being, that mold is as fun as a head injury. A lot of us also already have Darkwing on our shelves. That's two same (awful) mold cool color jets with "anime robot" faces. Oof.

This is vastly better. I don't want another sad-looking jet ultra or some AEC brick on my shelf. Instead I get one of my favorite molds of all time given VASTLY different colors and a beautiful Overlord headsculpt. It's cool, it's interesting, and for me, it works. Especially since my Overlord, the LSotW version, barely ever transforms, but damn if he doesn't pose.

Well done Pete. Don't ever change BotCon. I have to check funds and timing issues but 2012 may be my first.

15. CheifMagnum84

CheifMagnum84 Active Member

My original thoughts were "hell no", but after a few hours to get over the mega rage/disappointment, I suppose the mold could be worse.

After all, a third party may decide to create a jet mode to go with him that becomes some sort of body/armor upgrade. Hell, maybe even some big guns would butch him up a bit.

Worst comes to worst, we can all just hope some third party sees this and it inspires them to make an overlord based on the famous character we all know and loathe. lol.

To those who want it, good for you, to those who don't, meh, think of it as saving some money. lol.

:) 

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  18. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
  19. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord