Botcon 2012 Mockups are done

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm still favoring the Wreckers. The clues somewhat fit...

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I thought they were talking about the Generations Kup mold:

1.) They get a theme.
    2.) What molds are available? (here's where Kup comes in)
    3.) What characters could fit that mold?
    4.) Does that character fit into the theme?

They're talking about "that character"(using the Kup mold) fitting the theme, not the "Kup character" fitting the theme.

3. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

very true unless its close by like a state or two away ill probably need to start saving up now

4. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe we will get a Metalhawk? he was a japan only pretender but they could do him out of thunderwing.

or maybe Blood/bombburst, diver, lander, phoenix and so forth.

Masterforce Set!

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That only applies to Impactor and Rack'n'Ruin. Nobody cared about Impactor before LSotW (hyperbole alert), and nobody ever cared about Rack'n'Ruin. I don't think Wreckers are off the table, even if it's not an overall Wreckers theme this year.

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SO pleased to finally have definitive clarification on "Movie line toys that aren't actually liscenced" issue.

And it's the GOOD answer.

It doesn't seem like they're going to USE any of those molds this time out, but SO nice to know they could!

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    masterforce would be pretty cool... I still hope for Catilla from Universe Cheetor... i should make a sig pic of that...

yeah, SO stoked they can use lots of those molds, because there are some fantastic molds that weren't used in the movies and aren't licensed vehicles. Something like SpaceCase could've EASILY been a club/Botcon toy. So excited to see what else they do.

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    got a response about how to consider characters, so, had Shockwave not had any updates in Animated or DOTM, Energon Shockblast would still disqualify him from being made...

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    What did the response say? because what they said about the whole "bob" thing should let Shockwave be a part of it, shouldnt it?

10. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ONLY if Shockblast is considered a doppelganger to Shockwave i.e. same guy, just from different continuities.

Not sure how AEC guys are treated since they are SO completely different than their G1 namesakes.

We definitely consider most Animated characters to be doppelgangers (with Prowl being the one possible exception).

Movie guys we consider to be doppelgangers as well, though it is a stretch.

But would you consider the Ironhide from AEC to be a doppelganger of G1 Ironhide, or just a name re-use? Other than Prime, Megatron and Starscream, everyone else from that series seems more like "new" characters to me.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    OK am I the only one that is more confused than ever?

But I like his defending of Shockwave...will make my prediction true lol

*edit* Pete it is much appreciated that you are stopping by and sharing words. I always like hearing from people officially in the know. And I like these guessing games when they involve said people in the know.

12. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

Shockwave would be my guess. I can't think of another figure that would fit into the must have category

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Devcon would be a must have. He is like the Boba Fett of TF and has yet to ever get a figure.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i see what you're saying. So, Shockblast was so different from G1, that he wouldn't count as Shockwave. However, Animated was far more closer to G1, so he would. makes sense... there's honestly very little varied names (blue/silverstreak, shockwave/blast) those are really the only 2 i can think of off hand... but i see how most of those guys wouldn't be the same as their G1 counterparts... all in all, there's a ton of names this could be, but speculation is super fun. I can't wait to see the name/theme reveal... this is the first time Botcon has really given us quick response info as well, so maybe they're closer to a reveal than one may think? or instead of being silent for 6 months then dropping in, this can keep the discussion going for awhile... either way, i love it.

the response was in my quote in the post directly above yours, referencing Bluestreak/Silverstreak

Devcon would be pretty awesome, and I could totally see him coming from Scourge. 2 Botcon Devcon's have been submitted/thought of before, could the 3rd time be the charm?

Devcon Botcon Concepts(for those who might need the info)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  15. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Devcon is one if the exclusives, I hope they use Cyclonus's mold. Its more accurate compared to Scourge's. Especially in his alt mode.

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Either way, I'd be happy to have an excuse to integrate either one of those molds into my Autobot ranks.

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'd still consider shockblast Shockwave. Now... AEC Sixshot.... diffrent story.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i'd actually prefer Energon Slugslinger with a new head, that mold is just awesome, but it's been a club exclusive before, so i doubt it'll happen.

agreed! and until a better g1 looking Shockwave comes out (Hasbro, Botcon or 3rd party) Shockblast is my Shockwave...

19. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    One thing we do know it is G1 related and thats all I need know....

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brainwave!

Use the Cyclonus mold as Devcon or as any non-Targetmaster, then use Nightstick as a gun for a different mold to make it a Targetmaster (Stepper, Artfire...).

The one thing I can see holding them back is that Cyclonus is already a decently popular mold for exclusives (SG Cyclonus, Gentei Strafe) despite theoretically being a unique being created by Unicron. However, I LOVE the mold so I don't think that should hold them back! Especially if they swap the Targetmaster gun.