Botcon 2011 Theme Hinted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Repugnus, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the name of all that is mechanical and holy, please let there be some manner of Kup figure in this set. While you're at it, if you can figure out a suitable Springer we'll have a nearly complete 2010 cast and I'll live happily ever after.

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Kup could easily be made from cybertron prime. Thats what i was going to do for my custom anyways.

Randy!

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some form of TFA Red Alert, though I can't think of anything that could be remolded or repainted effectively enough.

It sounds like the intent may be more toward the obscure and the "Sir-not-appearing-in-this-broadcast" than un-toyed show characters. I'd be all over some of the items suggested here though, such as:

Brawn (Soundwave mold)
    Autotrooper (Ironhide/Ratchet)
    Oil Slick (show colors, or as Cy-Kill)
    Slipstream (don't know how effectively that could be done with just remolding. I sometimes wonder how the voyager mold would look if the meaty upper arms were replaced with slimmer parts.)
    Glyph (Hydro-bee seems the best candidate for this, as it has a semi-feminine build. The jetsub pack could be worked into the fiction somehow, if it can't be separated from the mold.)

I guess time will tell if TFCC/Botcon gets all of my money or just most of it.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Sweet, glad we got the confimation. Money saved this year.

5. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give me Terrorsaur out of swoop and ill be sooooo happy

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I really dont care what the toys are. First ever BC and frist time in the USA. I am keeping this as a memory no mather what.

and all those ppl here just wanting CHUG stuff. Then by all means answers this.

What CHUG should it be because what if they do some major characters of CHUG that has not been done it will be BC 07 all over again. It would be CHUG molds painted into characters that are not or could have a retail relese.

They relese so much CHUG both Hasbro and all other upgrade sets that it should last the whole year. Why must also BC have CHUG?

Is not variation more fun?

7. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:

easy answer...

Do animated thats fine...but give us Animated Characters in CHUG bodies. Dont get me wrong i LOVE the Animated series, but i never got the figures because they stick out like a sore thumb in a collection of more "realistic" figures. But i would love to get a Animated prowl out of a Wreck-Gar body for example.

***EDIT*** I would also like to add that they could have made this year a RID year...it is the 10 year Anniversary of that series...

8. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Botcon Facebook posts says to keep an eye on Botcon.com tonight.

Edit: Rather, the TFC facebook account.

9. RailSpike

RailSpike Banned

Please explain why everyone excited over repaints over priced repaints yes a lot goes into botcon but you new comers where not there in the beginning like I was it was for the fans not a money making scheme to rip off the fans the show really isn't that great anymore it cost so much you could go on a trip to Japan and have a real lifetime experience.

10. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope it's something nice! I am really excited for this set and don't get why the fuss over it. I don't see the figures as $80 pieces of repainted plastic. Mostly because you also get to EXPERIENCE Botcon and meet a ton of people and see some awesome things you wouldn't otherwise see. Honestly, the toys are really an added bonus to what is always a nice vacation! Worst comes to worst, you can always trade or sell the set... :D 

11. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I'd love to witness the butt-hurt to the levels of the 07 set all over again, I have to agree with you, besides the Classics/Universe molds have been used in the past few years sets. Time for another line to take the spotlight:
    06 had the majority of Cybertron molds
    07 had the majority of Classics molds
    08 had a mixture of Cybertron and Classics molds
    09 had a mixture of Energon and Cybertron molds
    10 had the majority of Classics/Universe molds

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's the point. They're supposed to stand out, be characterful. Not the same tired asthetic from the Unicron Trilogy. They stand out as being unique and interesting, not washed away in a sea "realistic" figures.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon, when it started, was a fan convention put on by the Hartmans with no support form Hasbro. Only when it started gaining momentum did it attract the attention of Hasbro and then it evolved into the official con. As someone who claims to have been there from the start you should know full well the history of Botcon and OTFCC.

With the backing of Hasbro they are able to offer the figure sets and producing them costs money.

So you can either have a small convention with no official support (which means no designers panel, no preview panel, etc) or a larger convention where you can get a set of figures that have a limited run (which costs to produce) and have the preview panel, larger dealer room, more guests, etc.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ok, so it seems your a botcon hater...hating the cost of the convention exclusives...and all that other nice shiny stuff they offer...so don't go.

done.

simple.

Others want to goto a botcon convention where there is a customization class, a chance to ask questions of designers, hasbro development, etc.

So yeah,

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm quite interested in seeing what this Botcon has to offer. I had initially assumed TFA figure repaints/head remolds. However, some people have mentioned TFA characters repainted from other TF toy lines and that might be just as interesting.

Please explain why you have to state the same thing over and over again. We get it, you dont like Botcon because you think it's a rip-off. Enough said.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Im more looking forward to the fun..and my fellow UK pepps we hang out with at AA knows that I always have fun ;) 

wonder if more guests likes the same thing as Scott does ..should I ask ? :p 

Boardwise: You nailed it there with the list of toys used for the sets. Variation never harms.

17. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Another tweet from @ Botcon

"Hints. Lots of them. Fast-Furious. Character from episode appears in box set http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Return_of_Optimus_Prime%2C_Part_1"

Terrorcons?! Sky Lynx? Technobots?! Or maybe it's a box full of hate plagued deco figures (nooooo!!!)

Seems like a bit of a wild goose chase since so many characters were in this episode, but at least we know it's a G1 bot

18. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I think it's because people ignored his first comments.

Railspike, you dont' see the value, thats fine. but like people said, it's not just the toys, it's the whole convention and experience going. granted the toys seem to be what some people focus on, but I think thats just like us discussing other lines that come out. We are all fans that like to tlak about the stuff we like. if you think they are overpriced, then dont' buy them. if you are going and you get them anyway, then sell them on ebay to those "idiots" that do want them. I'm just not sure why your so angry at people liking what they like.
    i don't see removing the exclusive toys from botcon would make it much cheaper. it's gotten big since hasbro got involved, and I think thats cool. Selling toys to the fans, and then taking some of that profit to get voice actors, writers and producers of the things we love is an awesome trade off in my opinon. Botcon is a different beast than other small conventions, and they all have a place in this universe.:2c: 

Randy!

19. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter is CRAZY right now!

20. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah

air raid?

fireflight?