Botcon 2011 Theme Hinted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Repugnus, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Problem is, Lockdown and Lugnut are about the only Animated-exclusive characters. Who else is there besides Bulkhead? After that, you're just doing another Prime, another Bumblebee, another Prowl, etc.

2. primal primus

primal primus Wants more Batman

That would be awesome.

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Slipstream, Red Alert (unique cause it was a fembot), Sentinel Prime, Wasp, Jetfire and Jetstorm, Dirt Boss are the few who come to mind.

Also a Classics Megatron Helicopter would be cool or a Prowl Motorcycle. Some of those guys had G1 character names but looked completely different like the Constructicons.

There's definitely enough for a set.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My interest continues to rise...

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Perhaps toys of unused season 4 and beyond concepts of Animated, Beast Wars, and G1? Hopefully Animated gets some love here... particularly Wingblade Prime and Blackout... if they may produce some of the season four ideas, hopefully Powermaster Prime and Marauder Megatron... though, that's only wishful thinking.

6. DJ kevintron

DJ kevintron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers the movie is 25 years old this year and would connect with a season 3 theme.

7. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A new tweet from DJW... "BOTCON! :D "

8. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like this may be wings of honor all over again. I like Animated and all, but overall popularity of the figures amongst collectors are relatively low. I think someone pointed out the glut of black optimus and crystal sons of cybertron set that is still available to this day. Do we really need more high end exclusive animated mold figures? 300 bucks a box set is quite a bit to drop for something that will not hold its value. Last year's set, I thought was great and had a lot of classics mold in it. That in it itself is not holding its value well. 2000 boxsets may be too much for the crowd that wants to get in on these exclusive sets. Alot of people who bought them for resell are probably stuck with a bunch of them now.

9. Unicron the Pla

Unicron the Pla Cybertronian Accountant

All this just makes me want to go more. I dont care if I halve to walk to California I have to go.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Most people don't buy botcon figures as an investment.

11. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Veloxiraptor nailed it, according to TFCC's Twitter anouncement a few minutes ago. It says the set is sure to follow, presumably, they mean images.

12. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Followed by.....

Twitter

Looks like it's confirmed. :D 

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh yeah.

Because they're ABSOLUTELY going to just admit to what it is right now.

Yeah. They never try to trick or mislead us with carefully-worded hints or fake images. They always just fess up to it right away.

That's totally how it goes.

Mm-HMN.

14. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We should have known it was animated seeing that Animated Cheetor is coming out this year from the TFCC store.

Edit: Maybe we might get Animated Beast Wars

15. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Who cares? Buy 'em if you want/like 'em, if you have any other reason, whatever happens is on you.

16. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Not going to happen. This is like Scourge, the seekers, etc... If FunPub DOES release the molds that didn't see release in the US and they're popular at all, I guarantee Hasbro will have them out sooner or later. But really, I highly doubt Hasbro would let them release unreleased molds like that, or that FunPub would want to take the risk with those molds. And DEFINITELY not NEW molds.

I really agree here. I think people FAR overestimate the popularity of Animated. There are entire waves of it STILL shelfwarming online and in stores, and it's been over a year. That simply doesn't happen with movie, generations, etc... Things might hang around for a wave or two, or maybe one or two toys hangs around longer, but things generally disappear.

I think ultimately the popularity of the set will be determined by the writing/storyline, and the molds they choose. This is going to be one of those years where they can't afford to take risk (with new characters, weak molds, etc...) - historically, those years have done poorly. Look at WoH and DiE - two years with good plots, and even interesting and popular characters, but where weak mold choices and writing that "missed" killed the set. The beast wars set was another year where the molds were really iffy, but the writing and the strength of the plot and characters really pulled weight and made the set VERY popular. FunPub's other sets relied on Classics molds and popular characters. No surprise those sets are relatively popular.

That seems a little general. Given the prices they go for, and the relative ease of finding them for sale, I'd say a fair number of the sets DO wind up being bought as an investment, or ultimately for resale.

17. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I think the most "expected" thing for them to do would be to release those unreleased figures. But they ain't gonna.

18. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BotCon twitter: BotCon 2011 will feature Transformers Animated...

19. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    According to the Alllspark Almanac, there was going to be a Shattered Glass ep of TFA. I'm thinking that would be a pretty east set to do, although it would seem odd to see them "repeating" a theme so soon.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Common misconception. Hasbro was still shipping new waves of old Animated figures right up until fall. For some strange reason, animated had really strange case assortments where certain characters like cybertronian optimus and bumblebee just never went away, and were constantly shipped out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.