Botcon 2011 Hasbro Story Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Hey if you could PM them to me as well I would be very grateful, I would love to get even just the most general idea of what the 13 look like individually.

2. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Me too!

3. megatronski

megatronski Mr. Low attention span

News Credits:
    i would love those pics pmed.

4. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'll take a pm too please and thank you. :) 

5. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd appreciate a pm with the pics if possible. Very interested to see them.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of "PM me"

7. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay dear lawd everybody wants them. I'LL JUST POST THEM HERE.

DISCLAIMER; Had only so much time to sketch them, I am not a professional artist. Keep your hopes low and you won't be disappointed.
    ALSO DISCLAIMER; again, Aaron Archer didn't shrug me down when I said I'd take his words as a yes I can share them. Apparently these are on the same page as telling from memory.

FIGURE SKETCHES'; Megatronus, Trion, Liege, Nexus, Vector.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/a57s0k.jpg

SOLUS;
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2hoeg6a.png

VECTOR FANART because I can;
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2z49reu.png

8. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    That's pretty crazy, Solus has hair? I drew some fan art art months ago of a female Prime with hair. Spooky. o_O 

9. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Solus has hair! Cable-y. I will complain about this for a while longer, go ROBOTS HAVE NO NEED OF HAIR WHAT IS THIS MADNESS, and then get over it.

10. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Yup, cable-y. I should go find that pic...

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    My reply to the bold type:

A crock.
    A cop-out.

While others may have no problem accepting this- and God bless them for it- at best I have never accepted that line of reasoning and at worst my intelligence has been insulted.

People here can agree with me, disagree with me or have the same reighteous indignation as some had against others who did not applaud Michael Bay; it does not change anything.

Important in the grander scheme of things? No. But it is my final say on it.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

I agree. It *shouldnt* be that hard to tell a great story and still have all the facts line up. Continuity shouldnt be limiting. Its when everything lines up that makes for a richer experience IMO

BUT

I can understand how it might be difficult to always get things lining up with eachother. Hasbro is a big company and they have a lot of licensors doing their own thing with the products they have. There's BOUND to be discrepencies. Itd be wise to say what they said because otherwise fans will *expect* it all to line up. And when it doesnt. Well, we know what happens :p 

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I agree completely; and when things don't line up the story suffers for it.

I understand the "where's" and "why's"... but I consider it to be a lever of quality controll.

Look, they are going all out to create the mythos of the 13... if they go that far then might as well go only a litle farther and have a fact checker onboard. Or is a huge company not huge enough for that?

Again, does it matter in the grander scheme of things? No. But... since even the casual fan and casual watcher of Star Trek can de-construct those decades of importance of story over importance of continuity (i.e.- discrepencies of story / continuity) you would think that HASBRO would, after all these years, of previous examples, learn that lesson. Apparently, they haven't. Or do they think that TRANSFORMERS is immune to scrutiny?

As far as I am concerned, it becomes more difficult for any fiction to be taken seriously and have cred if people find holes in it.

Does maintaining continuity create good fiction? Good continuity is a result of good fiction. Might as well take each title as it's own thing, unrelated to each other.

14. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me personally, I hate all this multiverse stuff they've tried to stitch together. It never felt natural. Am I upset that the aligned continuity wont actually be a continuity, yes, but I honestly don't care as long as a story has an internal logic, has at least continuity within itself, and is good, I don't really care.

15. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Well, the book Exodus doesn't really line up with itself if that's any indication. Aaron says it just doesn't pass the "squint" test; I disagree: neither does it pass the "sniff test" or the "blind taste test".

Again, if others accept it then God bless them; just don't expect me to just because HASBRO said to.

16. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    & hence the part of Botcon I was looking forward to the most gets the brush off... :/

17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It would've been just easier to say the shows, games, books and comics are independent of each other, much like, you know, how they've operated ever since :p 

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

So there was basically nothing on Generations? Wow I am glad I didn't go.......

19. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your efforts! I sincerely hope Exiles or the third novel has illustrations in it! Also, I really hope this new threat in Exiles will be Hasbro incorporating Nova Prime and the Darkness.

Meanwhile, Seibertron's coverage managed to jot down the name of Hasbro's story bible for the Aligned continuity: the Binder of Revelation. Oh, how I wish to read this document...

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Personally I'd rather each thing was it's own continuity instead of this crazy idea that with enough duct tape you could somehow hold it all together into one big happy universe.

Sort of like it just worked better to have G1 and Animated two different universes. Plenty of nods to G1 to make an old fan feel at home, but by not having to make it all fit into G1 they could try interesting things like what if Blitzwing had multiple personality disorder or what if Prime was young and still wet behind the ears as a leader.

Plus it seems to me like continuity can be more of a break than the gas for interesting story telling. If GI Joe was a slave to continuity like Star Wars is then they never could have done series like Resolute or Renegades.

Looking back at the old days of G1 cartoon vs G1 Marvel comics I'm thinking different continuity to tell very different stories is a good thing.