Botcon 2011 Hasbro Story Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro is just in a tight spot. DOTM last wave toys are now ready to reveal but they're going to reveal them online instead. Prime stuff revealed at Toy Fair is same, though very early "not final" versions of stuff shown. Snuck stuff in cases (Rage Over Cybertron) and sadly Voyager Prime Bulkhead toy didn't make it out to display. Generations was on back burner for all this DOTM stuff so nothing new to show but plenty of things and characters they'll start working on post-show I'm sure.

Timing wise, sucks for new product reveal. Can't fault them too much. Show was lighter on showing not-movie stuff but it's a movie year, what do you expect??

2. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Liege looked like an armored Loki from the new movie, with his horns kind of insectoid antannae-ish. Trion was recognizable as himself, Megatronus looked noble and it's amazing how posture changes him in to a monster (Though I'm sure the fact that HE WAS ON FIRE helped with that), Nexus seems more Speedster than Gestalt archetype but I could be reading it wrong, Vector looked really nice. My only complaint right now about Solus - I have every right to grade her harsher than 75% of this fandom, I'm a dudette - is her robot hair down past her butt, but that's my own pet peeve.

I'll PM the sketches to you later. Fair warning, 2/3rds of them are five lines or so; think figure drawings, if that, if you're familiar with the phrase.

On another note..........why is there so much complaining about toys in a story building panel? I mean, Intellectual Property/Brand Planning at all, but for those of you who came in expecting to see things to buy relatively soon...that panel was yesterday, guys.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh sorry about calling you a dude. Thanks for the descriptions. I'm really interested in the 13 and wish Hasbro wouldn't tease us so much. Just give us a group shot lol. Thanks for the sketches, I was an art major so I know the term. Do you by anychance remember what feature changes Megatronus had once he becomes the fallen?

4. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, don't worry about it. :)  I was just making a point.

The main differences I saw with Megatronus and Fallen were his posture and the fire. He was a dark blue, and really did look noble pre-Fall; then he's hunched over, basically silhouetted in the flames and it looks so awesome you have no idea. Megatronus also had no facemask, I don't think; the top of his helm looked like Soundwave's INSOMUCH that they both share kind of the Con symbol, but it looked like he had gotten a mask after he went and found the zippo.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

From what Hasbro told us previously there are seven Primes to The Thirteen.

Confirmed Primes
    -Prima, Alpha Prime
    -Nexus Prime
    -Solus Prime
    -Vector Prime
    -Fallen, Megatronus Prime

Primes?/Non-Primes?
    -Alpha Trion
    -Liege Maximo

Well so far we have seven of The Thirteen.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL. Well thanks for that description, I greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to follow these guys for years. Hasbro, give us the story and pics of them already! lol

7. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

I think you're thinking of Primon (at least according to A.Almanac II). Although in the aligned continuity, you may be right. It just hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: I just mean the name "Alpha Prime", not that Prima wasn't confirmed as a prime.

8. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if the Thirteen is a pack, then Prima is certainly the Alpha...

9. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:

This makes Sense.

Well said.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    The news about Solus Prime is very interesting for me. I like that they're introducing a female member to the 13. Guess she'll be the answer now to long-running fandom question of why there are female Cybertronians.

And RID Scourge for HoF 2012 I say!

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    What do you mean by this? The wave described at the Toy Panel (i.e. Wave 5) or the ones that they're gonna reveal after the movie hits?

12. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which is so preposterously awesome.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's understandable. I'd hate to be in their place. Though hopefully it isn't too long till they're able to get stuff revealed online. Just reading about them has got me really psyched.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    True, but to the character's credit he was kinda like a prototype of Armada Starscream. As the series progressed he went from a common Predacon lacky to becoming more independent, expecially after Scourge made his debut.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    They said that the Original 13 served as Proto/Archetypes for the future, one of them will be a beast, there's a female, and also known is the first combiner (Nexus). The head reminded me a LOT of Fansproject's City Commander head, especially the antenna that look sorta like tubes. He had a BIG body, when I saw it, I suspected Nexus it made me think of "combiner", then they verified it was him.

I thought pink, myself. Now Alpha Trion, THAT was a light purple/violet. As for the "scepter", me and my girl thought it looked either like a club, mace or maybe axe. She was also appeared to have a shield (to us, any way).

They at least seem to be now, but maybe minds will change when they see dollar signs. I know I made an exaggerated face so I'm sure they saw me and others (I asked the Universal Stream/Continuity question immediately after).

Actually, I'd like to see them. :D 

16. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trion looked like the darker/more saturated purplepink, with Solus looking less saturated. :|a IMHO. I am known to have a terrible memory.

Anyway I will PM you the pics as I am doing to others who ask.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh oh! PM me too pretty please! Even if they're not IDW level of good art, it's still more than knowing those pics exist and never having any idea of wha they are like.

18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please pm them to me as well

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If you could pm them to me too, that would be great. I wouldn't mind a look at them either, and trust me, they're bound to be better than any attempt I would make at drawing them (there's a reason I stick to digi's, lol).

20. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

count me in:wink: