Botcon 2011 Animated Stunticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've pictures every type of vehicle racing on drag stips.

For one to race as fast as one possibly could down a straight rode, having car that is rather pointy and low to ground might not be a bad idea, which is probably why Dragstip was an F1 car.

That said, I do believe Blurr has a very good chance at being repainted in to Dragstrip. The original Wildrider wasn't a muscle-type car, but I wouldn't be against a Lockdown repaint filling in.

However, more than there designs, I'm more interested in seeing who Motormaster will come from:confused: 

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Maybe true, but there is a reason you don't see Indy cars competing against top fuel dragsters. Sure, you can drag race an indy car, but most people don't as they are built for a specific purpose. And it's not drag racing.

3. RageTreb

RageTreb Well-Known Member

My predictions:

Motormaster is Wreck-Gar (has a "trailer" of sorts as well as a box head)
    Dragstrip is Arcee (has a spoiler, wouldn't be the only male-turned female Animated character)
    Blurr as Wildrider

I don't think Lockdown is an option given that Derrick said on his Formspring that in the Animated continuity the Stunticons are made from Autobot designs in order to infiltrate them.

4. RageTreb

RageTreb Well-Known Member

EDIT: Double post, sorry.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really like Breakdown, even more than Dead End. I think this set is really gonna look sharp.

Also, regardless of whether I'm able to get any Botcon set or not, the idea of "Botcon set completes my series" should be trumped with "this is a souvenir of a fun event I went to". Sadly, that's been declining from year to year it seems.

6. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Nothing to say except Woo hoo! Can't wait to see the whole team :) 

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    its never been the latter for me, as i've never been... but hopefully i can make it one year... my goal is 2012... so Pete better start working on some sweet ideas for next years set, cuz i'll be attending. finally.

8. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with the latter. To me they are an awesome added bonus to what have been terrific shows! It's nice to have something to look back at and have fond memories from. This set is shaping up very nicely :D 

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't wait to get the set, will be a great finale to animated

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love the new colors and head sculpt. And the mold's a winner, too!

11. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel as though I'm in the minority on this, but I don't really want ot see Lockdown or Blurr in the set. Firstly, they both are too tall in robot mode, one of the elements I always liked about he combiner teams is the one large leader figure with his uniform sized team of troops.

Secondly Lockdown would look well out of place even if it was smaller. Decepticons and Autobots had such different designs in Animated, the character of the toy could explain the look but to me I just prefer them not to mix factions.

So with that in mind, my hope is
    Wildrider from Bumblebee with a new head, this incarnation of BB being a good fit for a stunt car team.
    Dragstrip from Arcee it really doesn't need a new head leaving it free for
    Motormater from Wreck Gar. Or Ultra Magnus, but I still see that as unlikely and Wreck Gar would still be better.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Only if you're still wittering on about how evil Hasbro are because of it 4 years later, and you can't even get the facts right.
    Or the year.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm needing this set more and more, I'm really hoping I can get two sets: 1) one to keep nice and tucked away, 2) one to play with and pose.

But that'd be over $700, wouldn't it? =(

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far the Stunticons are looking worthwhile, if not (yet) irresistible. I just wish I could be an attendee. (haven't been since 2008 and Botcon started sticking to the coasts and big vacation traps more and more). I continue to have this nagging worry that the at-con extras will end up being far more desirable to me than the box set.

15. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I can't be there, but I'm definitely getting a set. Its lucky that the box set is all five and there isn't one or two that are exclusive outside the set.

Breakdown looks good. Nice to see a changeup to the Rodimus mould but I like Dead End a whole lot more. I just know the team is going to look amazing in a group shot.

The animated look should be attempted at least once on every geewunner.

16. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I'll withhold judgement until I see otherwise, but I'm not sure how I'd feel seeing Motormaster as a top-loader garbage truck, even if his G1 toy was kinda rubbish.:thumbs2: 

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

I think I....care about this years set, I havn't cared about an entire Botcon set since 2006.

Man I hope preorders start AFTER March 25th.

18. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    somewhere between tomorrow and yesterday.
    this may be the first set i buy. i've been to 2 botcons, was going to the one in rhode island cause i had a free room but the plane ticket was ridiculous, but never gotten a complete set before. just bought loose stuff off others.

the question is, how do i get the attendee figs without being there and spending a shit ton?

19. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm going to Botcon but I don't like Animated toys, never have. I was dreading this was going to happen ever since the show ended. However, I'm glad to see that many are quite interested, nice change from the usual yearly barrage of hate.

20. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DJW on twitter: Listen guys. Lockdown is not a Decepticon. He's freelance, okay?

I'm still thinking he will be used for Wildrider, but Dragstrip would be cool as well.