Botcon 2011 Animated Stunticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it's important to keep in mind how many BotCon attendees aren't part of the forums and don't visit the Transformers news sites. I'm sure it constantly goes so that more and more do browse the news sites, but at my first BotCon in Lexington, I hung out with a various groups of various people where none of them knew anything about Transformers other than when stuff showed up in stores and what was posted to the BotCon/TFCC mailing list.

Point being - them keeping it off of their page does end up in it being a surprise for a noticeable amount of BotCon attendees.

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't listen to the podcast, you should check out the current episode. Derrick answers questions about the set designs and such. Great stuff!

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    agreed. it's very much a losing battle. i'd much prefer that the surprises continue each week instead.

4. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate surprises! Knowing what I'm getting doesn't make me want it any less. An image of a toy will never compare with actually having it in hand.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Uh, I kind of doubt that. If they go to the club site, then they probably go to other TF sites.

6. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

personally I like knowing what we can get at Botcon before I go, that way I can plan out how many of what I want and get excited about it.

Weekly revelas actualy keeps my excitement up. And the frontpaged images on fansites build more PR and excitement about the event in my mind. Even the crazyness over MM has had an overall positive effect on the publicity of the con, I mean look at how many pages this thing has!

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Hey news flash. If you don't like the set don't buy it.

Holy fuck it's mind blowing isn't it.

Dumb.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

[​IMG]

....and then???

9. rhapsodyred99

holy crap look at this. I have totally changed my mind on Prime as MM this looks killer:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

and finally this:

[​IMG]

Immages of Caitlindevi's custom shown in this thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/375872-tf-animated-motormaster-friends.html

All my past arguments are invalid.

I can see posing him with Ratbat instead since ratty has more of his colors than beak.

can't wait for this set.

Granted the colors seem darker onthe custom which help alot.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can doubt it, but you'd be wrong. Most of these people actually didn't frequent the club site either - just botcon.com to register and what-not. It was a surprising amount at the time (like 5 years ago).

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, when I asked what website they post at, I was surprised how many said none.

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It's worth noting that you kinda HAVE to go to BotCon.com to register, but you don't HAVE to use any other website. So, yes, images may be seen there, even though a person may be totally unaware that there's nothing new being seen.

Not sure that's enough for me to change my mind re: "don't bother with surprises if leaks can't be stopped," but it's definitely worth noting.

13. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Agreed! Great job caitlindevi! :thumbs2: 

-airfox

14. Culby

Culby Autobot

Ebay:
    I hope someone save 2 of them for me.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from the supposed list we've seen, there hasn't been any prototypes, samples or full figures shown from the Botcon figures aside from the ones shown by FunPub so far and we're what, a few months away from the con. I'd say they've got a better grip on the leaks this year.

Look at the DOTM figures that have been seen, sure they are produced in a greater number, but there seems to be new images every day.

I think seeing the actual remaining figures is going to have to wait till they are released at the con. Annoying as it's going to be :p 

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    If my memory serves me correctly, weren't most of the attendee toys kept under wraps until VERY close to Botcon? In comparison to 2009 where most of them seemed to appear on ebay months in advance.

17. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could be completely wrong, but that might have been due to the set not being made until very near the convention. I remember shipping was delayed for botcon and or the club toys last year maybe production was too.

This years set are from samples which they only just got according to a tweet or such like and I imagine the factories are busy pumping out DOTM toys right now so it could still be a while before any Botcon toys are spotted in the wild.

18. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

i am so glad i might be going to bot con this year..it'll be my first one!!
    how much will this set cost?? and will the movie toys be sold there?

19. rhapsodyred99

In 2009 movie toys were supposedly released first at the con, butr you could go down the street the day before and get them at Target (doh!)

Sets should run in the range of $300 depending on fanclub membership or not.

20. sh002

sh002 Banned

so what do you think the freebie figure will be? if it turns out they don't combine (which they probably won't) do you think some other company will make something or parts so that they can? that would be cool.