Botcon 2011 Animated Stunticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

Wonder when the rest of the figures will be leaked on ebay or some Chineese site?

Kind of hoping some of those rumored figures turn out to be false myself.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope that happens soon. I'll be giddy if we actually get SG Galvatron or any G1.5/2-inspired repaint.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    SG Galvatron doesn't excite me much at all. Kinda sick of that Evac mold, and no orange cannon makes him just a pretender to the name.

I'm more than down for an AMTC though, especially if I can sell Galvatron at a premium and keep Fruity Pebbles for myself.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i'm feeling the same way Foster, and if i can get AMTC then i'll have to get G2 Ramjet as well.

5. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AM thundyfruits is a must. I don't have any SG figures so I will be selling/trading galvy away. Unless my Sarahmobius decides she doesn't want AM Thundyfruits, then we can just split that set as she has the SG figure collection.

6. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one that I really want to see is Ironfist. I can't imagine the Cybertron Ironhide/Ratchet mold looking that great as Ironfist, but if it turns out to be the Swindle mold, that would rock.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depending on how SG Galvatron is, I might just kick him to the Galaxy Force/Cybertron collection and rename him.
    AMTC will be standing next to G2 Breakdown from last year though.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll have so many G2 versions of G1 Decepticons, I'll actually have to dig out my Classics tank Megatron!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I keep thinking about getting that new g2 prime just to set him up against that tank megatron. But I kinda like my g2 crew not being led by prime and megatron.

And if I get g2 ramjet and AMTC I gotta figure out how to make them make sense in my collection.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, back when they only did one or two new heads, and only used them on runs of like 1500. An aluminum mold is good for about 3000 pieces max. So you could put two or three new heads in there, as long as you didn't need them in more than two colors. Unless they wanted to paint the whole head... Once you get to point you need to make 2 aluminum molds because you can't get enough runs out of one to make all the parts in all the colors ( much like troop builders who would need like 4500 heads for 1500 3 packs ), it's cheaper to make a steel mold. Aluminum molds are cheaper than steel molds, but one steel mold is cheaper than two or more aluminum molds. So maybe they used to use aluminum molds, but now they may be using steel given how many of each new head is needed. Especially if the autotrooper rumor is true.

11. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We use steel molds... Same as Hasbro.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the confirmation Pete!

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'll be skipping Generations Thundercracker. AMTC will be my official Thundercracker, along with G2 Ramjet being my official Ramjet. Once I get those two, I'll have all six. Then they just need to make Sun Storm and some other "Storm" guy, to even things out.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Can't lie, I'm not a fan of the ideas of AMTC, SG Galvatron and all that other hootenany. I do want to see Autotroopers though, also Ironfist as Swindle.

15. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SG Galvy and AMTC are perhaps the best attendee figures ive ever heard of. At least for me. Makes me wish I could actually be there. Hopefully I can get someone to pick them up for me to go with my non-attending box :( 

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The reason for using that for Iron Fist, is because the Autotrooper head looks extremely similar to his.

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I have been away from the 'net for the latest two reveals, so sorry if I'm repeating something that's been posted already, or if I'm fanning the (mostly) extinguished flames. :) 

I have to admit, while I do like the set as whole, I am disappointed by the two latest reveals.

Who would've thought? ... I find myself liking more the toys without the new tooling, than the ones with new heads. Drag Strip in particular is brilliant (more on why, below).

On MM, the head sculpt is great, awesome even ... but I don't know if it's due to the mold choice, or due to the coloring on the toy, that makes it impossible for me to see it as a head that belongs to that body. On Derrick's MotorMaster art, it seems fine to me ... great even, but in the toy pics, no sir, don't like it. Dig the Lemmy reference, and the (unintentional?) Lobo/Lobo's leather jacket reference though.

On Wildrider, I guess the problem lies more with the neck than with the head. I don't know why, but I suppose I forgot the neck was a separate piece, or perhaps figured it would be remolded too ... but that neck, makes me think 'Lockdown.' Sigh :( 

So, all in all, I guess my favorites from the set are Dead End, Dragstrip and Breakdown ... and only one of those has a new head. Believe me, this is contrary to how it usually goes for me.

Exactly! On Dragstrip, without new tooling, FunPub did just that. Even though the head mold is Arcee's, the deco on that head makes it look like a different character. On Wildrider, I just don't see it.

It's not the first time they've done something like that. TFTM07's Movie Megatron anyone?

My personal ranking (as if anyone cares) would place this only above 2005's and 2009's sets. Every other FunPub set has been better IMO, but I reserve the right to change my opinion once I get the toys.

-airfox

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I said I'd like that.

19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Where exactly are the rumors of SG Galvatron and Action master TC coming from?

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Posted earlier in the thread. By mach, IIRC.

Before Drag Strip, Wildrider and Motormaster's reveals; and those three were spot on to what was reported in the rumor.

EDIT: here's the frontpage article reporting the rumors.

-airfox