Botcon 2011 Animated Stunticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

THIS.

zmog

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Was i the only one hoping for Magnus? Or hell, even Voyager bulkhead?

I just can't see this MM as, well, MM. He looks so much like Nemesis Prime to me.

I can't say i like this year's box set very much. Breakdown i like, Dead End is fine, but Wildrider should've been another Roddy, Drag Strip didn't need the sex change, and MM is underwhelming. :( 

3. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

LOL
    I look at Pete's avatar and my first thought is that even he's getting in on all the trollin'.

XD

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    As if they would have done that if they had even used that mold. You can just leave off integral parts of a mold and call it a day. That's if that mold can even stay structurally sound without those parts either (and no further modification).

People need to move on, the mold was always going to be Voyager Optimus. I don't know where this silly idea came that it was going to be Wreck-Gar or it should have been Wreck-Gar. That would have been a mistake IMO. :) 

Randy

5. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The forks pop off easily. If they had budget to tool some smokestacks to pop on there it would have been sweet. While I understand some people are being totally bitchy and annoying about it, I don't think we need to "move on". A lot of people think Wreck Gar would look great as an animated Motormaster, and its worth discussing how the club could have gone about it. To me the hobby is more than just the characters and such. The logistics of the toy production are interesting to me as well.

But then, I have no issues with how Motormaster turned out, I knew it was gonna be Prime, just though WG would be a fun and creative approach. DJW and FunPub did not fail me. This will be my favorite set.

6. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

While I am slowly becomming more accepting of the prime mold for MM choice after getting my animated versions down and fiddling with them this morning (Prime DOES have more articualtion than Wreck-gar, or at least more ability to pose, since WG has stuff in the way of some of his joints), I still think WG would have worked prefectly, instead of just another prime repaint (I already have the black Japan animated Prime).

The forks are hardly an integral part of the toy. They can easily be removed and it does nothing to the transformation or look of the toy, other than converting it from a garbage truck to a box truck, they are simply add on parts, If they had wanted to/had budget for a minor retool into a smokestack on even one side of the cab instead of the forks, it would have done wonders.

I do wish they had at least used wingblade prime. I have the japan version, and he is pretty awesome. It would add some differentiation to MM from Prime since the US never got WB, and some added bulk and bad assedness in bot mode.

And come one they are STUNTicons...a truck with wings is very stunty :p 

Granted a firetruck to put out the others when they inevetably crash and burn in a stunt, makes sense too...

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The only problem with the wingblade parts is it would eliminate the "trailer" look that they've done to the axe in Alt mode. I think overall the Prime mode works better as far a bot mode goes while the WreckGar mold (w/o forks) would work better for the Alt mode (at least as far as a more G1 look goes)

The only thing that still bothers me is the purple pants but even those are growing on me.

8. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Motormaster's head looks a lot like Animated Highbrow's head to me: [​IMG]

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same. I think if it had been broken up like in the concept art, with the purple on the shins and the light grey/teal on the thighs, it might have looked a little better. But that's just the thoughts of someone who isn't gonna be getting it anyway.

10. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    The more I look at that motor master, the more he's starting to grow on me (I always thought the head was fantastic, it was the body that bugged me).

I was just browsing Derrick J Wyatt's Formspring and he suggested that Motormaster would sound like/be voiced by Macho Man Randy Savage and refer to himself as "The Motor Master" which I personally think is cool as hell.

11. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

Also - I think the Prime mold lends itself to having some modded combiner accessories added to it more than the Wreck-Gar figure. Prime mold is able to fold up the arms and head to make a bulkier looking chest for Menasor. (that's assuming some 3rd party is putting together an add-on for the set ;-) )

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, I was hoping for that too... But as Sy-rein said it wouldn't work.

that is probably the exact reason they didn't go with it. But if the Toxitron rumor is true maybehe can use that version.

13. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. They actually did ask for it, but it was unavailable (as per Pete on the Allspark forums)

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh bummer. Guess I should buy a japanese wing blade.

15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aw, that sucks. How the heck is it unavailable? Isn't Animated-o pretty much done with in Japan?

16. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    The Wing Blade mold wouldn't have worked from a show continuity standpoint, as only Magnus (and Optimus Prime) wield the mighty Magnus Hammer. Having anyone else come with that weapon would not make sense in the overall Animated story.

17. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the hammer could have been repainted as a weapon similar to the magnus hammer but different. sort of how breakdown has a bow similar to rodimus. maybe a decepticon scientist/weapons developer hell even swindle, could have developed something similar.

18. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

Well im glad they asked at least. If it was not available, thats a valid reason for not using it. Also wingblade prime still comes with his axe and water gun. You cant put the wings on him with the axe on him but he did come with both.

19. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never doubted car modes would work together, it's the robot modes I'm still unconvinced by.

I'm not sure thats correct, we've been told they use cheaper moulds (non steel) that have only a limited lifespan of a few thousand runs. Including the troop builder heads the total would be up near 10000 which is about twice as many as has been suggested previously.

They strip out electronics regularly.

As much as anything else thats what bugs me, Taktom are releasing a black Prime. So far Botcon has always gotten in first in these situations, with SG Rodimus and the seekers and coloured Flak to distinguish him from the other releases of the mould. This time its botcon producing something similar to something I can get elsewhere.

I know it's a new head and different character etc, but its how I feel about it.

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't think he's talking here about the completed figure, but the molded sprue itself. It's easier to just chuck the unwanted parts to be recycled than to block off a section of the mold, especially if those parts are in the middle of the sprue where them being missing/blocked off would cause things to not mold properly.