Botcon 2010 Transformers Prime coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 26, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So wait something that I'm yet to understand.

So Optimus design is like, his WFC design if he had scanned the movie earth alt mode? So does that mean he's a phat phat robot?

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Waitaminute! Bulkhead? :p 

Animated Ver 2.0! :D 

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This needs to be in bright red lights for everyone to see before this "movieverse" stuff gets out of hand...

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The existence of Bulkhead makes me very happy.

5. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

How many continuities do we need to have going at any given time?

6. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

You'd think people would be smart enough to come to the conclusion that it be impossible to come up with a 65+ episode series that could fit in the, already messy, movie continuity, but hey that's the fanbase for ya

7. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Ok, so far, this sounds amazing.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    this makes me UBER happy

9. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Im also excited because although I dislike the movie continuity, I really love some of these new movie line toys from NEST and the HFTD stuff, so if they can blend in together, and Prime is a great show...then perfect!

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    All of that news is good except for the fact that Welker's back as megatron, I got nothing against the guy and I love the G1 megatron voice but his recent work as megs is pretty bad.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Pity About Welker being on it - it would be nice to have some who's voice isn't ruined by old age - I'd have been fine with him being involved but not as Megatron.

I also hope that Starscream's voice doesn't suck.

I suppose Hasbro might put some pictures on their website in a couple of days like they sometimes do, or if not we may have to wait for the next Comic convention.

I don't know what to think about it at the moment it might compound all the errors possible by taking all the worst bit of Animated and movie and hasbro deluded insanities about blending continuities lately.

Or if they restrain themselves a bit it might be OK.... but I remain sceptical. and expect another 'Animated' for good or ill and i'm sure the Marketing will be a disaster and they will fail to handle the DVD's and international distribution in a sensible fashion.

I think waiting for months after the show debues before the toys show up is an epic fail - they need to toys out no later than the beginning of 2011 as they need to be out before the 3rd movie toys - if they clash at retain - that would be the worst possible result.

Generations / Hunt for the Decepticons should be tailing off in early 2011 and being replaced by PRIME and the 3rd Movie toyline but I feel it's ESSENTIAL that Prime's toy line is out well before the 3rd movie.

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Likewise, all I need to hear now to really set me off is that Lugnut will be there to continue his rivalry with Bulkhead. :D 

13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Beast Wars character might appear later, huh?

I can't wait to see this! :D 

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no problems with Welker voicing Megatron in a different way.

I think the G1 Megatron's voice has aged, and doesn't sound right for any other incarnations (movie Megs with G1 voice is hilariously bad :p )

But the man is among the best voice actors in the industry - I have no doubt if they change the voice to something more fitting, he will deliver.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    How I'd rate the Megatron Voices :

1) Animated
    2) Beast Wars etc...
    3) 1980's cartoon / 1980's Movie

The only reason 2 is 2 is because I prfer to associate that voice with Beast Mode Megatron and not vehicle mode ones.... The Animated one seems the best balance to me so far.

I wonder if Hasbro think it's a good idea to try to Market Transformers 3 & Prime at the same time and launch them at the same time when the 3rd movie comes out in the hope that retailers will order more when a new movie is out and Prime can biggy back on that ?

It might work.... But would require careful handling to stop Prime being totally swamped especially internationally.

16. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm...Beast Wars. Maybe we'll get a Headmaster Optimus Prime that comes with Optimus Primal. The Munkey Truck will rule!!!!

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's kind of sad though that this is something the fans have to point out when it should have been something Hasbro should have made clear with their panel. If they are keeping tabs on the fan base then it's not some big secret that the fan base has been divided on the films.

The information that has been reported makes what was said sound far too generic and really didn't hit the points you want to hit when you are preaching to the choir. Maybe it was different being there in person but it doesn't seem like they were really pushing the buttons to start building fan buzz and excitement for the new cartoon.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    You know what I love? I love how fans know more than Susan Blu who been working in the industry most of our lives. Because its obvious that their perception that ONE VOICE that he's he supposedlyy can't do anymore, determines that he's lost it. I mean heck, everyone in the industry, who think he's still one of the best, are wrong, and the fans opinion of his interpretation of him based on work in a movie videogame, is right. I mean the weight of one voice far outweighs his entire body of work. He can't possibly do the voice any differently, its IMPOSSIBLE.

Seriously, wait until you hear the voice before bitching. Complaining about the unheard and unknown is just stupid. I doubt that all those involved in the casting know less than some fans.

Which fanbase are you referring to? The tiny minority on these websites? Or the ones that made the movie 800 million dollars, and then bought the toys in record numbers?

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    People like me Buy Animated toys and Movie toys and find items they like in both such as Animated Swindle or Blurr or Movie Brawn or Lockdown.

But that does not mean while doing that I'd not prefer more Classic toys instead.

I've said for years that I like toys that look like Transformers.... what I mean by that is ones that don't visually clash.... Movie toys sometimes don't visually clash and then I support them. Of they look a bit to bizarre then I'm a bit less interested.

Animated to me is something fun that I don't mind having but I can't see it getting much of my shelf space in 5 years time - I worry that Transformers : Prime will not work as a continuence of Animated and won't be visually consistant with prior lines.

Cybertron toys for example still had a bit of G1ishness to them even though they were unrelated items.

I think all TF:p rime will be is a stand alone line that people won't love in the long term like Beast Machines seems to be regarded by many now and Animated might be in the future.

Where as lines like G1, Armada, Energon, RID, Cybertron, Universe/Classics/Generations share a family resemblance.

There's no or minimal such resemblance with g1ishness between some Movie, Beast Machines, or Animated toys.

I hope Prime retains some G1ishness and is a line I can display and play with the lines that have that older look.

Otherwise Like Animated i'll be buying them - but perhaps with less enthusiasm - unless the designs are exceptionally good.

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    awesome