Botcon 2010 Ideas (with Digibashes)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by WhiteMocha, Jun 15, 2009.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I also appreciate the constructive criticism! I'll try to respond to a few specific comments....

Good point about the need for more green on Scorponok, Storm. Particularly in the legs, I think. Thanks! Apeface is a good thought, as well. That 10th Primal is a great little mold, and definitely deserving of a Botcon repaint.

For the G2 set, I had been thinking of the following:

-G2 Sideswipe, like you mentioned
    -Windbreaker from Energon Downshift
    -Skram from Universe Prowl
    -Dirtbag from Energon Demolisher (dump truck version)
    -Ironfist from Universe Hound
    -Space Case from Universe Cyclonus
    -Pyro from Universe Tankor/Octane
    -Flash from Universe Sideswipe
    -Clench from Universe Onslaught
    -Turbofire from Universe Ironhide

Rotorstorm is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I also really, really wanted G2 Ramjet (from Classics Ramjet) and Hooligan (from Classics Jetfire) in the set, but that would break my "no previous Botcon molds" rule. :( 

Totally agree, the Stunticons aren't complete without Motormaster. I just honestly couldn't think of a fitting voyager/ultra mold. RiD Magnus or Cybertron Prime would do it, I think, but both are leader class.

And honestly, since the last round of Universe saw two combiner-team leaders re-imagined as standalone ultra-class figs, I'm really hoping the next round in 2010 has a chance of containing a brand new dedicated Motormaster figure (even if they have to name him "Menasor" or something).

Hey, I'd love for Animated to continue as well. Ah well. Hopefully the next show will be as good. And I'm down for an Animated Botcon set.

Man, not sure how I missed your Jackpot digibash, but that's great! I agree, I hadn't thought of that, but Crosswise makes a great Jackpot. And if you plopped his head on the Universe Prowl mold, you'd also have a perfect Rad. :)  I would have really liked to have that Veyron mold in the street-racing set (preferably in place of the floppy Override mold). But alas, it also breaks my "no re-used molds" rule. But hey, if that rule isn't hard and fast, I'm all for a Veyron-as-Jackpot! That Krok is quite nice as well. We really need more transforming Actionmasters, some of them had such great designs.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    love the last set the most. would be cooler if it used the voyager megatron, though. could easily have the robot in all the right colors, and just have silly rainbow colors on the outside of the shell-wings. btw, member Ramrider made a slicer from that mold, check it out in the customs gallery :) 

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Great work! I love that Triggerhappy, Artfire and Skullcruncher. Being one of my first TFs back in the day, I'm a bit sad see Sureshot as a dwarf. :lol  Of course above all, I dig the entire Diaclone line-up. I would snatch up that set so crazy fast! Sadly you're right about Megatron never showing up as a black/brown Gun Robo.

Some ideas I had for a possible Diaclone set would be to make that Megs tank into the original Green/gray Blitzwing, even though the cries and screams for it's lack of triple-changing would be deafening. Also, to increase the Decepticon ranks the theme could be bent a little to include the Four Star black and white seekers decos, fitting nicely on some Classics jet molds.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the G2 lineup.

4. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

man, that nebulos set is awesome (i'd say there was better mold for chromedome though, just aint feeling it) I'm from the uk but I'd snap up that set in a heart beat. the opther sets are cool be I'm not familiar with much pre tf stuff execpt that it came from diaclone etc. these are all realy cool. but again, me want nebulos set!!!

5. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Sweet sets. The Nebulon one it epic win.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Great ideas, especially love the Nebulon one.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I probly will be going next year and would love a warpath in one of the sets.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got an idea, but I don't know how to digibash. I have Paint.Net. Any digibash tutorials?

9. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Di...a...cloooooooone!!!
    [​IMG]

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I actually kinda agree. It's not my first choice either. I'd rather see Chromedome as a repaint of Classics Rodimus. I actually even did a digibash of that first, before I did the Sideswipe-based version:

[​IMG]

But I went with the second version because the Rodimus mold was already used in the '08 set. I figured Sideswipe (being superficially similar to Rodimus) was the next best choice.

11. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

Wow!! :bay 

Departure from Nebulos is almost Perfect!! this needs to be made, souvenirs and all!!
    (just need extra target masters, more repaints of Night Stick or Beta Max)
    (oh and kinda not feeling mold choice for Sureshot...)

Mean Streets Boxset is full of pure win!
    Action master upgrade? Check!
    Mega Pretender upgrade? Check!
    Windcharger upgrade?!?!? Check!!!
    and the Stunticons are sweet, even tho i don't like it when combiners don't combine... souvenir set not so much...

Kinda the same with the Diaclone set.
    Awesome Boxset! Colors works, and Ironhide actually doubles as a SG Ironhide.
    Just not feeling those Souvenirs.

Great digibashes though, keep it up!!!

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want all of those

13. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Action Masters Reimagined would be an extremely sweet BotCon pack. Taking out the characters who already had gotten new designs since 1990, we're left with:

Rad (unless counting Cybertron Smokescreen)
    Rollout
    Jackpot
    Mainframe
    Skyfall
    Kick-Off
    Treadshot
    Krok

So, seven or eight characters. That works. If ten are needed in total, add in Powerflash and Take-Off.

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be all over the Nebulon set

15. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    These set ideas make me happy inside.

16. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I'm feeling this chromedome alot more it works realy well in bot mode

17. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These are awesome! Triggerhappy looks amazing.

18. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man

now i want them

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

The Diaclone box set is exactly what I want to see. Though I'm not really feeling the souvenir figs save for Police Sunstreaker, and I'd make him the freebie. For the attendee figs, I wouldn't stick to Diaclone proper, but do other G1 repaints/concepts that are unlikely to be done elsewhere. E-hobby Detritus from Hound and, taking a cue from this year's offerings, a 3-pack of the purple seeker drone. Not really sure how to flesh things out after that though.

Diggin' the Nebulos set. As much as I like Skullcruncher though, I'd rather have Cyb. Beast Megs as Snapdragon and Cyb. Primal as Apeface and work them both in. Triggerhappy and Needlenose are awesome. I'd like to see Energon Slugslinger in G1 colors, too.

Not really feelin' the other one except for Dead End and Slicer..and maybe Windcharger.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think Illamatron tried his own hand at making up a better set for the 09 "Wings of Honor" and made a pretty neat Chromdome from the Cyb. Downshift mold.

Also I just realized your "no molds already used for a BotCon set" restriction elimiantes Grimlock from the Diaclone set and that this rule does not count for customization figures, aparently. However, those who have run Botcon themselves have re-used some molds. Using Grimlock's classics mold as an example; he's been used for a BotCon exclusive toy twice already (the 07 customization toy AND the 08 evilfied version of himself). Same goes for the Energon Rodimus mold, which was used for both the good and bad guy versions of Thunderclash at the exact same event! There are also all the exclusive repaints of the RID Car brothers (the molds got destroyed from the over-use, but you get the point), the Energon Arcee mold (used for three exclusives at the 05 Botcon: Chromia, Flamewar, and Flareup).

I guess that my point is that the mold doesn't necessarily matter if it's been used as an exclusive before, it just matters that the mold fit the character. In that sense, I guess your options for the chosen molds are a bit wider than you thought.