BotCon 2009 Razorclaw Predacon Universe Repaint

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Apr 12, 2009.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree with most. I would have definately liked this as a boxed predaking set. Hopefully they will complete the set either in universe or future Botcons. Although it would suck to have to wait until another Botcon to finish the set..... but I could see tht happening. We are still waiting to finish the club exclusive combiner.

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

finally a figure that i'll actually open this year (and not shove in a dusty closet)

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, I guess... not enough to redeem this year's set to a 'win', but cool enough.

Am I right in understanding people want a Cybertron Thunderblast redeco as an exclusive just because of the comic appearance? I thought that was a fairly universally-despised mold.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You'd be amazed what a comic character can do to generate desire for a toy being made of them.

5. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The box set is pretty lousy but I'm very happy to finally be getting Razorclaw. I bet FunPub knew that if they didn't make him out of this mold, Hasbro would as is evident by the fact that they made the Legends figure and that Hasbro loves to reuse figures they spent money remolding like Leo Prime. But the figure I really want is Elita-1!

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah I'm actually a fan of this mold. I have the Leo and Nemesis Breaker versions (NB being my favorite). So if this version has a new Razorclaw-y head on him I'm totally sold!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    She's not one of my favourite molds, I confess that now. However, this might be our best shot at getting a vaguely G1 accurate Elita-1 (in robot mode anyway) and for that I'll happily go with the Thunderblast mold.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually, I've always loved that mold personally and have never really understood all the hate for it. And her being a "shell-former" never made me understand the hate either... not when other quintessential shell-formers such as the three Car Brothers, Big Convoy and Mach Kick are so universally loved. So, I've personally been waiting for either Hasbro or FunPublications to repaint her. I'm actually surprised Hasbro hasn't yet really. It's the only mold from Cybertron so far... that I can think of... that hasn't received a repaint either in it's own line, a later line or as an exclusive.

So, add to that a very G1 accurate head design and the right colors for a Classics Elita-One, a character whom I've personally wanted in toy form for as long as I've wanted a G1 Arcee (maybe longer actually), and I'm completely sold on the idea.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't even want an Elita-One figure. I have no interest in the character at all except for in Animated.

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me to!

11. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'd be more excited if a legends version hadnt already been released.

I was hoping for a BW element but I'd far rather had a true BW character. Tarantulas was a notable absentee from 2006. Instead we get another G1 character that was shoe horned into that comic just like Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, yeah it makes sense with already having Ravage in the show, but I was unimpressed and while the Predacons worked in the comic I haven't felt a strong desire for them.

I think if the rest of the et had been better recieved this might be causing a bit more excitement, as is it's pretty good but one less figure to really impress me.

I kinda remember that but I really hope they haven't gone to the expense of a new head for a toy that is already so close, not if Rodimus was deemed good enough for Thunder Clash. It would be an even bigger waste of my money than burs new head last year. Especially when it would further limit the last two mould choices to characters with similar looking heads.

Im with you on that, please no Elita 1. Sadly it does make sense and would represent a cartoon only character, the final figure could then be a comic only character and I'd have to admit they had done a fairly nice spread of the G1 continuity, with AEC providing the moulds.

Then again I'd still be happier to find this was a club exclusive if only because it would mean we arent likely to be waiting for another year before the next duo arrive. Also it would be nice way for the club to celebrate the 25th and its 5th by filling in two gaps in the Botcon stories.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting, I wouldn't have made that association with the BWN guys or Car Brothers. Guys like Big Convoy, Break, Mach Kick, and the Car Brothers involve a good bit of work/thought in the process of going from one mode to the other. In fact, they're like a darn Rubik's cube, which is part of the appeal to me. :lol 

In Thunderblast's case, you unfold the boat hulls, twist the arms & legs into place and you're done. She's 'shellforming without transforming' in my perspective.

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    When I thought I was missing out on awesome TF conventions, especially Botcon, Botcon 2009 comes along and proves me wrong. I'm so glad this convention is expensive as hell and has crap figures. Lets hope they have low sales and learn from their mistakes. These toys so far are all utter crap. And I believe there's been only two new heads so far, maybe a third with Razorclaw. But they also chose some of the worst and most overused molds, too. Too bad I live in dumb New Zealand. I'd love to go to TFcon or AutoAssembly. But look at TFcon. They have a simple repaint/retool of an awesome upgrade kit that everyone liked and it's easily one of the best convention exclusives ever made! AutoAssembly is more small-scale and has no convention exclusives but they're still a good, fun convention.

Botcon, on the other hand, needs to use more unique molds. They have done so before so they should go back to doing so. Like when they used the RID Megatron/Galvatron mold as Deathsaurus. I like the mold, others don't BUT THE MOLD WAS HARDLY EVER USED. And that's my point. Use a whole bunch of molds they have access to that are different. It can't be THAT hard.

Sheesh, I'd never pay the crazy Botcon price, especially knowing I'd get crap like this.

14. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I agree with most of that, but the mold Scourge uses is one of the best molds in the line. And the big urban camo dude is a really good too (he's extremely simple though).

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    :bowdown:  AMEN! PREACH IT BROTHER! :bowdown: 

16. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Metroplex, Primus, Supreme Starscream sorta, Menasor, Dark Crumplezone if you don't count that specific version being the same as Crumplezone, Unicron, Wreckloose, Scattorshot, Brimstone, Dirt Boss, and Backstop. Though I don't blame ANYONE for not wanting the last one. :lol 

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Man I hope we get a backstop repaint!

18. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    YEAH...with that attitude i am pretty sure they are glad you are not going either...:thumbs2:  :rolleyes:  :crazy: 

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh heavens no, then I'd HAVE to get it, this should be an easy pass for me.

20. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    and, actually, Thunderblast HAVE a repaint, in the japanese line, a exclusive white version, available with dvds if i remember correctly

edit: here
    [​IMG]