Botcon 2009 Dealer Room Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 29, 2009.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

No Animated Arcee or Rodimus yet? But they showed E-Soundwave and HW Jazz. So maybe tomorrow there is still hope.

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    rotf legends tankor = wtf?

3. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Did I read that card right on E Soundwave? It should be in stores now??

4. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

thoroughly disappointed

I can live with either no animated toys, or no "classics"...all this movie junk is well...junk, I'll see the movie multiple times (well at least once, still conviced the moron twins are going to ruin it), but nothing really interesting worth buying though

but good lord, that G1 Unicron?? wow they must be so grateful they didn't let that guy get made....

...it's big though!

5. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The green Onslaught looks like Roadbuster.

But it could be Hardhead.

Also, I wish the bio of Fireblast Grimlock was visible.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Something about Lugnut throwing him in a volcano, and that's as far as I got.

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Ah, so he's like BW Megatron, then.

8. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I agree that the green Onslaught repaint is probably IDW Hardhead. Hopefully he gets a head remold, because the Onslaught head sculpt is pretty character specific.

9. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ROTF stuff is the only stuff that interests me there. Powerglide looks cool though.

10. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jolt looks a bit better there, loving the alt mode, even though common sense tells me it's nothing special!

11. Martonimos

Martonimos Active Member

Agree with the others asking about the Animated toys. Are E. Soundwave and F. Jazz coming out, or what? They're both at the top of my current wishlist, but only if they're being released. And, if they have them that far along, why shouldn't they be released?

One thing that concerns me, though, is that I don't see Ratbat with Soundwave. It could just be a black redeco of the original toy, and they forwent the new partner altogether. That would be saddening.

12. AutobotSteve

AutobotSteve The Starter of Fires

Arcee still looks like ass. Oh wait..so does Chromia...and the other one. I suppose it's only fair though, The Decepticons have the Constructicons to make super badass Devs, so they needed to make a group for the Autobots. Too bad they got the Stunt-Bike ******icons instead of like oh...dinobots? :cry 

Still alot of beautiful toys to be purchased though. Can't get over that effin' toaster guy though. If there is no Mt.Dew Bot.....>_<

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I really don't feel like reading through 6 pages. Can someone please tell me what those different colored Universe Ultras are?!

25th Soundwave!!! Badass!

And why does it say those Animated toys that aren't out...are available now?

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I talked with Bill Rawley about the Universe Ultras. And they're Powerglide, Hardhead and Skyfall (Skyjack). He believed they were TRU exclusives and expected them out within six months, but isn't 100% on that due to him being on mainline now, rather than exclusives.

He told me he'd try and get them into robot mode tomorrow. I'll swing back to try and catch that.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Awesome! Thanks for the info, man.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's beyond me how anyone can like the Movie "Arcees" - they do not even look humanoid, let alone feminine. Bot modes are a big mess and they can not even stand up without a stand (BM Thurst at least had optional legs).

I'm also pissed that they did not show Animated Arcee, Rodimus, Blackout, Wingblade Prime. Worse yet, why is Ratbat not with Electrostatic SW? Jazz in Movie colors is so-so. I'd buy him if that'd make Hasbro continue the line, but otherwise not.

Only things I liked from this lot:

-New Universe Ultras (I could never afford the 40$+atrocious shipping for a Henkei Powerglide) - I agree that the Silverbolt repaint is most likely Skyjack, but seeing how we ended up with Stormcloud rather then the obvious Tailwind repaint, maybe that's gonna be called Whisper... As for Onslaught, on Tformers' pic you can see a Con insignia on the shield, so it's not Hardhead - maybe Bludgeon?

-Nightbeat: I skipped Dead End, but this paintjob is sweet, will definetly get him.

AAAND... That's all for me. Apart from the very few movie toys I like (scouts - especially Ejector-, Long Haul, Legends Devastator) there is nothing here that sparks my interest. Hasbro's gonna lose one buyer this year - all the better for me to save up for buying G1s, Titaniums, Henkei, the like.

Also - who's gonna bet the original G1 Ratbat's price (he usually goes for over 70$ complete) will drop like a rock after the US reissue's release? Along with Soundwave and the other casettes...

I hope Hasbro reveales a few more toys tomorrow, along with the fate of the Animated toys. I'd also love to have a regular-sized Movie Springer, the epic fail that handless Incinerator was won't work as a repaint.

17. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    That Onslaught repaint actually has a Decepticon symbol with it bar through it(think a no-smoking sign)...and how many kills below it. So yeah...he's Autobot.

18. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Im all over the Powerglide repiant. Glad I didnt buy the original release. Really cool to see the G1 Unicron. Aside from that, not many surprises. Great looking display though.

19. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    That green Onslaught looks cool whoever it is, odds are I'm gonna use it as RID Mega Octane though.

Silverbolt repaint looks interesting too.

20. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do want half of every Revenge of the Fallen toy there! Is it me, or does Freeway Jazz appear to be a repaint that looks like Movie Jazz? If so, then all I can say is "SOLID!"