BotCon 2009 Brochure Online Now

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    I see what you're saying. I could totally see how walk-ins wouldn't have the opportunity to enjoy and participate in all activities, but I just feel that if you're registering ahead of time (and paying the premium to do so) you should have a chance to go to the party. I mean, you have to pay extra to go to it anyway.

2. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

24-27th Sign-ups launch.

Hope I can get in on that, because everything sounds amazing!

3. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep I can confirm this last year I was still rotoscoping on Prince Caspian three weeks before the US premier and the last of it was done even closer.

Having said that theres no reason a rough cut can't be shown. I wouldn't be surprised to find there have already been test screening. Also even though the first film was released in the US on the 4th of July or just before it was being shown elsewhere in the world almost a month before. There was a screening in London for press at the beginning of june to.

4. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I guess I will sign up for a attendee package but if the set turns out to be lame animated molds I am going to cancel the reservation. You know they are going to show Kup last so I hope they reveal enough of them ahead of time or maybe a few will slip into ebay for a veiwing. I am not enthusiastic about this just yet.....

5. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

A botcon set centered around Kup...a huh. One young autobot...uh huh. Between this and Devastator fiasco i'm saving a bunch of money this summer.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All sounds cool to me. Landshark is almost certainly the Energon Sharkticon mold, Flak probably CD Scattorshot. And hooray, Paramount Studios Dinner!

Also'll be interesting to see how well this "ROTF FIRST RELEASE!" thing goes.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Registration's a week away and we've not seen a single figure yet... I can't recall, how does that compare to previous years?

Hadn't we seen a couple of them by now?

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    A rough cut screening would be awesome, but I'm not sure how high on the food chain we are compared to the press, investors, etc. It would be a really cool movie on Paramount's part (I mean, they did let us see the first movie early). That and it would well worth the $50-a-head we're shelling out.

Me too. It's gonna be a madhouse. I'll be happy if I can get an FAB Prime with the shiny gold jingle sticker on it. XD

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or at least get something other than a friggin pin to show for it. And yes, I know some folks say "But you get in early"... for comparison - Dragon*Con (which yes, I know it's bigger, but it started small once upon a time too) - membership = $40-90 (maybe $95 this year last minute) for FOUR days of seeing over 400 stars. and other than a few writer-workshops, you get access to everything. As well as the dealer room. Granted, you get nothing to "show" for it, but even a bag or t-shirt is only +$20.

for 2x the price, for a 2.5 day Con, w/ perhaps a dozen celebrities, umm... c'mon - gimme at least the attendee fig. Since I DID attend the con.

10. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry dup post

11. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that's about on par w/ last year... I believe first fig was week of/week after Reg went up. then about 1 fig/week til con.

12. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Too true.

13. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    I think there were a few leaks on eBay too, if I'm not mistaken.

14. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    And suddenly, I am no longer going to Botcon. God damnit.

15. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not exactly enthused over this set, never really liked Kup, and never heard of the other guys in this context.

If they are animated I'll be pretty disapointed, not because I do not like animated just... see no reason to shell out uber money for them.

I suppose I will get at least one primus package even before I see it as I will be going to the con. I had planned to try to pick up an extra set to sell later to help fund the trip, but not sure I'll bother this time around. Then again I have said that before and regreted it. Just really wish we could see them before we had to decide the number of purchases.

I am pretty bleah about this sets description. Hopefully they will look cool and it won't matter that they are characters I could care less about.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think you and i should just make broadside this summer...

yeah, i recall picking out both of those, which led me to believe that the wreckers weren't a given...however, it was also probably a test to see our reactions, so someday maybe the wreckers will happen...don't recall what brian said originally though...was that the "for one young autobot" statement? cuz that totally works for a young Kup to come into a crew that is the original elite guard...i just wanna see the mold usage...i may not be able to afford this set, but the mold use and colors would definitely help influence my decision...

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Very interesting sounding set. Should be interesting to see what molds they use for some of those. While it does sound intriguing, it's not something I find myself interested enough to attempt to buy. Even if I was interested, I still wouldn't get it. I've got enough to get this year between three TF lines, and two DC/Mattel lines.

18. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Kup? That is one figure that I have to have!

19. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I hope they are of the Animated varitey.

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, we got to see Prime when registration began, but by the time the others were shown, the set was sold out. So whatever they show first (probably Kup) will have to make or break this for me, because last time I was most interested in Jazz but everything was sold before pics were released. Also, Prime was the only figure to leak onto eBay for a long time, so I wouldn't count on that as a source of images. Especially after what happened last year and the major crackdown FP did on people who stole and sold their exclusives.