Botcon 2007 - Panel: Hasbro Transformers Future Product Unveiling

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

None of the new stuff means much to me with the confirmed loss of Alternators. Classics is fairly entertaining. Alternators, on the other hand, was the most consistently freakin' amazing line of Transformers Hasbro has ever released. The two don't really compare in my book. At least they could have released the Megatron they had planned with a Skids remold to Ironhide and the Rodimus figure in wide release or a Rumble remold to Frenzy. Kind of a crappy news day for TFs in my opinion.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    someone ask if TRU Soundwave will be painted red as Blaster.

3. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

:eek:  Wow. Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of more toys to make room for all the Transformers I'll be buying this year. :lol :

Hearing that Classics will be back instead of Alternators & Titaniums is fine by me. Titaniums are cool, but die cast + ball & socket joints = floppy figures. Sounds like the Decepticons are still short-handed in Classics 2.0, but then again, the Autobots always out numbered the Decepticons in the old Gen 1 toyline/tv show.

The new animated show sounds to be something worth watching. I'll give it a go & see how it is. The toys are my main foucus & I just hope they're cool & fun to play with. Plus, hearing that there will be a Grimlock T-Rex in the series AND he's going to be a Voyager Class toy is just frickin' awesome. We've never had a HUGE Grimlock before, so I'll totally be snagging this one when it comes out.

Plus, hearing that there might be playsets/bases involving larger robots is just what the doctor ordered. If He-Man & G.I. Joe get to have a place to hang their hat, why not Optimus Prime...although he really doesn't wear hats..but if he did he'd need a place to hang 'em.:confused2 

Anyways, 2008 sounds to be the year of the Transformers! Kudos Hasbro! :rock  :thumb 

Yeah, I know right? Crap inna hat. Maybe we should have poked someone who was going to ask about that....:banghead:  Who knows though, if the Movie line is continuing through the Summer of '08, then maybe we will see that Shockwave after all? :confused: 

-Quickswitch

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Generally what happens is that they'll put a few things in the Hasbro case in the dealer room, but not all.

Classics stuff, not a chance. Fall 08 is much too far off to have physical specimens to put in the case.

Animated maybe, but I would expect if they'd put them out we'd know already. The convention and sales room close in a little over an hour, and the panel ended a few hours ago. Since nobody has put up pics, I assume they didn't put any out.

My suspicion is that Hasbro wanted the convention to be mostly about the movie, which is why the Hasbro panel was bumped to Sunday morning shortly before the con ended and why they didn't really add much to their display partway through the con as per usual.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks. I'm hoping that someone does have/get pictures of those Animated stuff. Apparently some people are having connection troubles, so someone might already have pictures, but not be able to post them yet. I'm really excited about the Classics 2.0, especially them thinking about doing a combiner. I wouldn't mind the other 2 Energon ones' being repainted for the line, especially the Bruticus one. Well, time will tell, and hopefully we'll be seeing more of the Animated stuff here soon, like a promo poster for the Decepticons or something.

6. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Actually - what I said was that we'd get nothing more until at least Spring next year, and that for the time being, Hasbro had rather screwed us over. This is, technically, a much worse case scenario than what I predicted.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which is basically what I assumed this Botcon would be like. Extremely movie-centric with a bit of a teaser for the cartoon.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Umm.......you do realize that most of the rest of this year will be filled with Movie stuff, right? so it will only be a couple of months between the end of the Movie line, and the beggining of the Animated line. I think we can survive a couple of months withought something new from Hasbro.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i know that there were no pictures allowed, but where there any prototypes of any of the new toys?

10. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Most of the rest of the year will be expanded Universe movie stuff, which I'm not really terribly interested in. That and Geewun repaints apparently do us until March. Not too pleased at this.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Very bittersweet IMO.

While its great that Classics are coming back esp with such a great line-up. Classics Prowl, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and all the triple-changers :::faints::: I really think the loss of Alternators is gonna be felt. I think that the line really kept alot of us interested in the main lines more than we would have or should have been. This is true for myself, that period of three years slowly waiting for the next alternator kept me interested in Energon and Cybertron. I know it'd never happen, but it would be nice if Alternators would become HTS exclusives. I know its a pipe dream, but I can definitely see myself losing alot of interest in the animated and movie lines over the long haul without something to look forward too. Classics are great, but their just not as pleasing to eye has Alternators. Oh well, its gonna be a long wait until fall 08.

Oh, sad news also about the loss of Prime trailers. Optimus just isn't going to be the same without em.

12. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers is going to be so awsome in the upcoming years!!

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Ok. Hasbro has mostly redeemed themselves in my eyes:
    New Classics! Fantastic!
    The animated show sounds a lot better now, especially with the voice talent they got.
    Some of the animated toys sound interesting.

However, lost G1 Dinobot molds make me sad. They should make Classic versions!
    And gee, I wish someone at Hasbro had thought of the possibility of Classics returning before they allowed the remaining seekers to be botcon exclusives!
    However, I do thank Hasbro for resurrecting Classics. Now, please find a line to produce those last Titanium molds in, and please release the figures at retail. Thank you!

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Classics 2.0 = death to my wallet. It almost didn't survive Classics 1.0.

Seeing Sunstreaker and Sideswipe together again will be awesome. I hope that this is FINALLY the versions of these characters that I like again. Alternators, they got the worst mold of the line (outside of Rumble). The previous exclusives just didn't feel right to me. Hopefully these hit the spot.

It'll be nice to see a multi-season cartoon again if it ends up going that route. Looking forward to seeing the continued movie toyline as well.

Basically, no rest for the weary collector. Bring 'em on.

15. Roarv2

Roarv2 Well-Known Member

Man I love this hobby. :rock 

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I need some clarification. The prime with semitrailer that turns into an axe, is that Voyager classics Prime or is it animated Prime? Also is Octane a triple changer or just 2 vehicles who form 1/2 a body and combine(like Overlord). Is Blitzwing still a plane and tank?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I've read, the Prime with the trailer/axe is the animated one, and that both Octane (classics 2.0) and Blitzwing (animated) are triple changers.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Oh please, they always knew the possibility was there. It's Hasbro's typical game to deny deny deny, then announce the exact thing they were denying. And as usual, everyone buys it hook, line, and sinker.

Everyone who said Classics aren't coming back = pwned.

19. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Apparently the Classics line isn't dead after all....

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Titaniums cancelled? Good riddance. Horrible, poorly designed line.

As for Alts, I'm sad and at the same time, glad. Sad because it was a great line. The figures were awesome. Glad because I have never been a fan of complicated transformations. As a line aimed at collectors, like Alts were, I enjoyed the Classics line 10x more than I did Alts. I'd love to see Alts return, but with transformations comparable to the movie line. Kind of a happy medium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.