BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe someone posted the list on the appreciation thread.

2. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    Got a full set apparently 20221112_123924.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Finally opened all of my Botbots. Looks like I have everything. Weird that the steak guy came with an extra paddle but okay.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tygar128

Tygar128 Well-Known Member

Is series 6 gonna be available at Target or Walmart?

5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like it. Pre-orders have been up for a while now and only BBTS, Pulse, Amazon, and EE seem to have them.

6. Mageddonx

Mageddonx New Member

thats kinda shit
    Since I dont want every pack lol

7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am a bit wondering about the prices... how come the 4 8-packs of 32 Botbots in total is less expensive than 24 single packs?

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Less packaging, I'm guessing. Just like how back when they were sold at stores, individual Botbots packs were more expensive per Botbot than a 5-pack, who were then more expensive per Botbot than an 8-pack. Also no doubles in just the 24 assortment.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, OK, makes sense.

Is there a list somewhere what Botbots are in the 5-packs and 8-packs? As 1 member is hidden on the boxed photos.

10. Bubblegunner

Bubblegunner -----< ̄ ▽  ̄>-----

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The ones in italics are the non-dupes if you check the note in that section, everyone else isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tygar128

the list shows which characters are in each pack.
    the names that appear in more than 1 pack are duplicates

14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ruckus-Rally.png

This is an image that I've had since May 2021.
    So I can see "Ruckus rally being the originally intended series 7 After a (cancelled?) Series 6 of Winners Circle went missing.

As for the number of Botbots not matching the count, I would suggest that can be explained by either additional gift sets to come, or by a future new series 7 still being branded as Rukus Rally as the show had more than 2 vehicles in it, so there may be another 1 or two gift set vehicles in 2023 and another set of figures.

I don't know if the show suggests some obvious gaps or not yet to fill.

Personally I think it would be a wonderful idea to ship the original series 6 anyway, heck given a Choice I'd rather they do that than have to wait a year for them to get around to releases the regular Series 7.

They could always offer them to Amazon as an exclusive too I guess.

-----------

Heck knows when they will show up in the UK though. They pretend the current wave doesn't exist and even my wholesale contacts say they can't get anything out of Hasbro about it yet, but that is nothing new they are not very communicative even with them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    The weed killer spray is the best of the unique singles but boy is the nozzle threatening to break... 20221119_160747.jpg
    I thought the meat had an extra piece but his weapon is not the same as the middle piece that slides up...maybe they changed something but this is the only one that has a piece that goes nowhere in alt mode...the gamer chair was the most mystifying one at first...I knew it was a rabbit but couldn't figure out what it turned into until I looked at the pics are saw the powder puff tail comes off and becomes the chair base...
    20221119_160452.jpg
    I guess this is a magic gathering kind of deck...has batman or black panther vibes on bot mode 20221119_161257.jpg 20221119_161317.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Tygar128

Man it really kinda sucks that costs about 200$ to get them all but I dont want them all haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Got all my packs today. As others have said, the plastic tolerance on these things is def way tighter than previous botbot lines, and not in a good way. Just ironic that people always complain about our $22 deluxe main line figures being loose, yet these $2 toys are tight.....and maybe too tight. Some like others have said I can't move for the life of me, and honestly I'm afraid I might break like the Fish. The ducks arms were assembled backwards, I'm afraid to use too much force to put them on correctly because it looked like it was putting stress marks on the tiny pegs doing so. The blue jeans one.....is that even meant to be transformed into robot mode? I could already see stress marks on that one trying to transform it and was scared to do it like in the pic. The rat one despite what the stock photo shows, the tail doesn't actually come off according to the tf wiki, and I'm not seeing how it would either unless you broke it, but than it can't stand up in robot mode very well. I don't regret them as I enjoyed the botbot line a lot, but I'll admit with the plastic tolerance these have I'm not enjoying them as much as past waves and several I'm afraid to transform for fear of breaking them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    No surprises there! I ended up getting mine from Amazon.com (the US site), as I assumed that Hasbro U.K. would either screw up the distribution over here, or just not release them over here at all.

The fact that they were up on the US Pulse site, but not the U.K. one, just sealed the deal.

19. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    The duck arms were far more forgiving than I thought. Don’t be afraid to correct them.

My blue jeans bot needed the same fix. Make sure you’re extending the bar-and-ball joints as far as possible to transform him. You should see both ball joints before flexing them. If you’re getting stress marks, you’re not pulling out far enough.

My fish, and I assume all, had oval ball joints and tight tolerances which meant the arm tore itself apart just swinging it outward. I had to shave the oval into a ball, and now it’s fine after repair.

The rat’s tail should push into the body enough to stand well in robot mode. I have one copy that does while the other copy sticks out too much. I assume there’s some mold flash in there or something

20. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Regarding the fish, are the fish fins (not the robot arms) meant to "slide" in a diff position like how it looks like they should, or is that just a weird way the sculpted the plastic with that figure? Thats another one that won't move, but I'm also not sure if it was "meant" too.