BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    For the fused joints I've had good luck with other Hasbro figures throwing a bowl of water in the microwave to get it hot, then throwing figures in a ziploc bag and submerging them in the hot water for a couple minutes.

Easier/safer than the boiling water method and the ziploc keeps you from having to dry stuff off or worry about water getting in places you can't drain/dry.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. HedMaster

HedMaster Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey, does anybody mind asking hasbro customer service what happened to the original series six and also if there's a possibility they'll ever be released? I'm unable to for some reason so if somebody could ask this for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there art on the back of the pet mob and custodial crew packs

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    You'd be wasting your time customer service has no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Even if they did know they couldn't say because they can't just divulge any future plans if any for things they may or may not have in development.

4. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    Weaponized botbots
    20221105_100547.jpg
    I detailed my problems with the fish and cat in earlier posts...both disappointing...the cobra is okay-ish, but really hard to pull the arms out...the mop bucket is pretty decent, with the handle still in place after you pull the arms out (legs are also tough on this one)...the toilet scrubber is nice, though I would have preferred a flip-up face rather than removing it to become a shield...the churro dog food is kinda mystifying now with that spoon...the cricket I just adore with those soulful eyes even though its a basic transformation...the toilet has arm issues as well as a tough to pull up head...

New molds
    20221105_100941.jpg
    the bone is a weird one, but this line needs some weirder looking bots...like the vomit, which is very strange...the glove is okay, nothing special...the hamster has tough to pull out arms and a lackluster looking bot mode...same goes for the dog, which at least has a great canine mode...the less said about the rat the better (horrible 'transformation')...overalls are different at least...poop is underwhelming and has poorly designed legs...

Repaints
    20221105_100945.jpg
    the cellphone was one of the better ones to begin with and the new paintjob is ok but maybe a purple shockwave homage might have been better...loofah out of a cheese wedge is kind of genius...dogfood bowl out of ramen, now missing chopsticks is meh...the watch turned into a dog collar actually kinda works...the claw game into an ant farm is a bit strange...duck into duck, no comment necessary other than it seems this one doesn't change as easily as the previous...plunger is now poop-stained, which kids will no doubt love...the lawmower is now a waxer (oookay)...the beaker becoming a featherduster would have been more obvious if feathers were printed on both sides (I thought it was cracked glass at first)...the iphone (I think that was what it originally was) into a caution sign is impressive but think if it were printed the other way so the hinge could actually make it look like a stand-up sign...the vacuum is pretty much the same...the marker becoming a birdcage is one of those huh? repaints that I never would see coming...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  5. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Shut up! I'm in the zone!
    20221106_172225.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Has anyone else gotten the full case of Single Packs and did NOT get all 24 BotBots? I had a duplicate that replaced a BotBot that can only be obtained in the singles and don’t know if that’s a fluke or everyone is getting that.

(For the record, I got two Grinded G. Ears (R) and missed out on Motor-Vation (K, I assume)

7. bearytrek

News Credits:
    if any product existed it might have been pulped or pulled from distribution...the leaked guide sheets show those as wave 6, the current wave is also 6, so maybe in the most optimistic sense they can release these alongside each other but I wouldn't expect to see the original wave 6 in a long time, if ever...

8. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Is there a list of what the letters map to for the singles this round yet? (Tried looking earlier but haven't found one yet).

I've got a fresh box of 24 I haven't started going through yet, but I can check for you if there's a list I can crosscheck against.

9. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Hes not churros, hes supposed to be a dog poop bag like what you might see from those dispensers at parks. In my state atleast (Oregon) they have them a lot because if your dog takes a dump anywhere on public property and you leave it you can actually get fined. The "spoon" is probably supposed to be a shovel you might use to scoop up the poop.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen anyone list any yet (haven't gotten mine, waiting on BBTS), but I think a lot of people aren't bothering since you have to buy the whole set of 24. If these eventually show up in stores, that might change...

11. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do, actually. This time, letters are used instead of numbers

A: Pork Chop
    B: Sunnyside
    C: Wafflenetic
    D: The Tendorizer
    E: Tappy Takeout
    F: Playgor Cardquest
    G: Jetaway
    H: Chitter Click
    I: Joystick
    J: G1000
    K: Motor-Vation (by process of elimination)
    L: Fidget Sitter
    M: Overcoiled
    N: Crickets...
    O: Coach Husky
    P: Quacked Up
    Q: Poo-Tricia Pickup
    R: Grinded G. Ears
    S: Mean Clean
    T: Vomit Comet
    U: Unhandy
    V: Clean Dive
    W: Grunge Plunge
    X: Roboclean

• Like Like x 7
  12. skey81

skey81 New Member

I had a few of the same problems mentioned above.

The 24 single assortment from Hasbro Pulse had two gloves and no plunger botbot.

The rest came from Amazon and had problems with several like the fish and others mentioned already. The duck I got had the arms/hands assembled backwards so it didn't transform correctly but was easily fixed. My toilet botbot had the head stuck and took nail clippers to get it out.

13. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Just opened mine and tracked the numbers and here's what I ended up with:

21991A – Pork Chop

21961B – Sunnyside

21961C – Wafflenetic

21991D – The Tendorizer

21971E – Tappy Takeout

21971F – Playgor Cardquest

21971G -Jetaway

21971H – Chitterclick

21971I – Joystick

21971J – G1000

21971K – Grinded G. Ears

21991L – Fidget sitter

22001M – Overcoiled

22001N – Crickets…

21991O – Coach Husky

22001P – Quacked up

22001Q – pootricia pickup

22001R – Motorvation

22001S – mean clean

22001T – Vomit Comet

21991U - Unhandy

21991V – Clean Dive

22001W – Grunge Plunge

22001X - Roboclean

SImilar to what Soundjack had, but not quite the same. My duck also had the arms switched. Seems like the also removed the spoon from the poop bag even though it's still in the pictures on the list sheet. That's fine.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Can confirm I have A-X with no dupes but won't have time to crack them open for a few days. Gonna try to do some "math" to see if I can get away with selling off any of the multipacks since I'm not aiming to be completionist and am just cherry picking this wave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scanned a new 8 pack barcode at Target and it said "no item info found". Guessing this wave will be online only.

16. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Case of singles showed up!

20221107_185230.jpg

Gunna wait to open these up until the other multi-packs show up... but I do need to verify the numbers you folks' have submitted on mine. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  17. bearytrek

News Credits:
    it might be rattling inside the body, that's where mine was

• Like Like x 1
  18. einhazard

News Credits:
    Totally right! Smart place to store it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. einhazard

News Credits:
    So having gone through all of the new set, here are my thoughts:
    The vehicles are cool but I could go for them being a little smaller. Firing missiles would be cool too (especially the anchovy missile on the pizza, which you don't even seem to be able to remove?)
    Overall build quality of the newer molds is lower. I assume this is due to moving it from China to Vietnam and a new factory handling all of it, but stuff definitely sticks harder than it used to, which is saying something.
    Overall designs for the new set are cool, but some are cooler in concept. The cat and dog don't really do it for me, and I feel like there's prolly more 'gross' stuff than needed, but at the same time I can acknowledge that little kids prolly find it hilarious and it's just never been MY thing. The reuses of some of the old molds are great, a lot of the decos are cool, and I like the oil slick paint jobs. A lot of the new guys have weapons (and some shields!) and I'm glad they're doing more with that.
    I like the new packaging more than the old, but I think it's easy to overlook some of the weapons in the paper packaging of the singles. One of my bacons definitely lost his butcher knife that way, and I have just a random extra piece that looks like the weird flat mohawk part from the steak. I have no idea who it came from or who it goes to.

All in all, it's probably not the BEST wave, but it's got a lot of fun new stuff (and a lot less overlap between packs since there are just less packs in general). Beyond that, I'm so happy to see BotBots back and really look forward to more! This has always been such a fun, creative line, and I hope it goes for many, many years.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    20221108_111507.jpg 20221108_111542.jpg 2022-11-08_11-19-30-557.jpg 2022-11-08_11-20-42-131.jpg

• Like Like x 10